Notices

One Year & Over Part 74

Old 04-09-2020, 10:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Over Part 74

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-73-a-20.html (One Year & Over Part 73)

D
Old 04-09-2020, 11:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks for the new part Dee!
Old 04-09-2020, 11:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, I hope your son and dil and children stay safe. They’re doing a Stirling job.

Sassy, yes the injections are helping a great deal. With the pollen count high I’d be covered in a rash and it would normally be driving me up the wall. (Remember last year or the year before , itchy mentioned oatmeal in the bath, which helped somewhat (thanks itchy) ) I was wanting to rip my skin off it drove me to distraction. Well, the injections stopped that.
Also, so far, I haven’t needed tablet steroid treatment since I started with injections. So pretty good so far.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words yesterday.
My hospital appointment yesterday went very well. I wore my asthma mask and I did wear sterile throw away gloves. Though when I got to the medical day ward they checked my temperature, told me to wash my hands so took off the gloves and binned them)before I went in the day ward and wash them as I came out.
Then I put clean sterile gloves on to walk from the ward to the car. I disposed of the gloves and lathered my hands with antibacterial gel. Changed all my clothes when I got back home too.

It’s funny really how I guess we all didn’t realise how much we touch our face with our hands. So as you say a Sassy, gloves or bare hands can both carry the virus, along with it seems most inanimate object for a period of time. we try our best, hope it’s enough.

Have a good Friday (it really is Good Friday!) my friends xxxx
Old 04-10-2020, 02:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the new thread

Been busy, but so far so good (I think) .....will check back in later
Old 04-10-2020, 02:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

Glad your appointment went well Mags x
Old 04-10-2020, 04:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!

Itchy, niet te danke :-)

Mags, so happy to hear the treatment is helping!

Have a good day!
Old 04-10-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

I am glad you are feeling better Mags!

Be safe all!
Old 04-10-2020, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you nailed it Mags. Gloves are DISPOSABLE- if one wears the same pair all the time- it is really no different than having no gloves, unless one disinfects them. People seem to think - put 'em on and magically they are safe, with no thinking. Same with masks- they will just keep the germs in, if not washed- and probably do more good in not passing infection to others. Gloves are good if one has hand injuries.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Thanks, we hope they stay well too. Even in the written word you seem light-hearted and happy with some relief from your breathing issues, which makes me smile a bit too. Remember one of my PAWS, when I stopped indulging in strong spirit, was my skin shrank three sizes it got so dry, and I itched and scratched myself raw. Thus my handle here of Itchy. I can empathize.

Sassy,
We've now exhausted my Nederlands!

Star,
You be safe bud.

PJ,
Good points. A firm that never made masks has made one that is equivalent to the fibrous N95 masks, but is Reusable and easily sanitizable. They will sell for about 70 cents each in non gouging times.

https://www.cnet.com/videos/see-the-...lve-shortages/

They'll be available soon. I've scrubbed in to assist in surgeries and an autopsy, as well as doing all the agar skate testing as hospital infection control NCO back 1971-1975. If you know how to don and remove your gloves there is no need to be contaminated by them. Disposable is best. But this new design looks like it solves the problem of ill fitting masks where the person breathes around the nose and chin areas instead of through the filtering material.

Hi Purp andSophie!

Night all.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

PJ, I saw this and it repeated what you said in Le mot juste :
Old 04-11-2020, 02:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Old 04-11-2020, 03:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday all
Old 04-11-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for the fresh thread, Dee.

Thanks for laugh, Itch!

So very grateful to still be able to work these days. My boss and his wife (Fran) were able to get up to their lake home this past week. They are both in their 80s now and the infection rate up there is much smaller than here in the Milwaukee metro area, so they feel safer. I still don't personally know of anyone who is infected, let alone died, and I hope it stays that way!

I was supposed to go to Minnesota to spend Easter weekend with my Mom. Of course, that's not possible. I will call her on Sunday. She is still healthy and in good spirits, which inspires me to stay positive.

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!
Old 04-11-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Itchy, during trying times there often are good people who step up and share their talents to help solve the problems that are highlighted. Thanks for the link - I found it fascinating.

Have a super Saturday, Overs
Old 04-11-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

FBL, it is interesting that many folks in my part of PA have shore homes in NJ and Delaware. Both states are telling PA folks to stay away, as they will likely spread the virus to areas that up to now have had minimal exposure to it.

My state still controls hard liquor distribution, and the governor shut these stores down weeks ago. There has been such a large number of residents driving to neighboring Delaware to stock up on booze, that Delaware has instructed their State Police to pull over anyone with PA license plates and turn them back home. Goes to show what measures an alkie will go to in order to get their booze. I would have been one of them back in the day. Of course, I usually had a couple months supply hidden in my basement just in case.

Be safe all!
Old 04-11-2020, 01:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -

Thx for the new thread Dee.

I’m feeling a bit sour still due to the workload of housekeeping for a full house.

bit I’m still here

hope everyone has a lovely weekend
Old 04-11-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am getting sick to death of doing dishes. And I just did a huge load of laundry, and now it all needs to get sorted out of the dryer and then there will be dinner to make (every night now) and I have not even started on gardening today.

Old 04-11-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Re-Member

SE,
I only read in this thread anymore, and can only stop in every other day so must have missed the full house post elsewhere. I hope you feel better and get some help.

FBL,
YW!
You are blossoming as the de facto manager of your company. I am sure your mom will appreciate hearing from you whatever the circumstances.

Star,
Same here. The international ski crowd brought it to our ski areas first. And city wealthy folks with second homes in the mountains were told to stay in the cities of Colorado or their home towns as they were stressing the medical and supplies in those more remote areas and had they gotten sick, many places have no ICU facilities.

Having a few months of alcohol was one thing I didn't do as with summer days over 100°, and no basements the beer likely would not do well out in the metal building. Besides, in the years just before I quit I was drinking a case to a case and a half, as well as box wine to cut the yeasty taste in late evenings from the beer, and scotch in my coffee mornings to stop the shaking. So like my three pack a day smoking, I did nothing in moderation. But I do have Mountain House freeze dried food meal, six boxes of five day supply for one giving use three boxes each or 15 days of emergency rations. Making folks drive to drink is just plain stupid! I saw a lot of that in the South with dry counties, or Parishes as they call counties in Louisiana. Only alcoholics would understand just how flawed that thinking was and still is in many places. If someone has a religious belief to not drink it is a free country. Like us here, even after addiction and raging chemical dependency, we managed to choose sobriety. And stay that way. As we saw with prohibition that just doesn't work. Heck I now live in a state with legal Marijuana and much better drivers than Louisiana, and much less violent crime too. This pandemic will teach some good lessons too.

Sassy,
That's what impressed me about Bill Gates and Warren Buffet first. After Gates set up his world spanning Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, as giving their kids a million each in Buffet's case, was plenty. Being good friends, and knowing Gates would put his billions to good use, Buffet added all but a million for his kids each to the Gates' foundation, and the rest to them to handle philanthropically. The Elon Musk aiming to stop fossil fuels with electric cars, and Space C which from day one was to colonize Mars or elsewhere if we as a species could not do the basics of most species, and not defecate where we eat. I didn't invest in Tesla to make a lot of money, but to help the mission to get rid of the oil industry, and fossil fuels for heating and power generation with Tesla battery energy storage PowerWall modules, and solar systems. I believe in his mission and sold when it was half what it is now, but 1500% more than what I bought at on IPO. I will have to wait a bit for my new Model Y long range dual motor AWD SUV. I was only hoping to have made just 6% a year, and was thrilled to be financially set because of trying to be safe, but "invest" in the betterment of our communications, space systems, and now LEO satellite constellation called Starlink, already over 300 launched of the estimated 8000 when complete to provide affordable Internet everywhere on Earth. Even in the middle of the Sahara or deep in the Amazon or heart of Africa, far from any city or lines. The poorest villages can pool resources and have on 1GB synchronous transceiver for the whole village to share. For the rest of us very high speed Internet at or below current slower Internet prices. Now, he is getting vents out to places in need. We have a lot of good people doing great things. And we will likely see them again after this now that some more can do great things folks.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Coffee brewed, life is good.

Have a good day everyone.