Notices

Been drinking

Old 03-15-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been drinking

Feel terrible. No more alcohol in the house. Just feel terrible. Been drinking too much and am frightened.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say 'hi' and that I understand
Old 03-15-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trying to drink as much water as I can. Also taken some Valium to try to stop feeling so bad.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yes, have lots of water and try to sleep. Don't overdo the Valium. Go to a doctor is you are very worried xxxx
Old 03-15-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Complexiti. I'm sorry you're feeling so scared. As KateL said, go to your doctor if you are worried. Or maybe you have health insurance that has a 24 hour help line listed on the back of the card? If you're not sure, you could call them. If you stick with it, it gets better. I promise.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No doctor around. Can't really explain much due to having been traced on the internet and stalked from different forums to others.

Do this over and over again. Drink and then feel ill and scared because of withdrawal so carry on drinking.

Get over it and say never again. But it always happens again and once I start I keep on because I am frightened of the withdrawal. Need to sleep but can't go to bed yet. Can't explain why.

Know I am going to feel even worse tomorrow. Must stop this drinking it is killing me.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When you're ready, we're here for you. I promise, I will think about you all day, and send you loving thoughts.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You have people behind you here xxxxx
Old 03-15-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't know how much you have been drinking but do be careful. If it's a lot, you should probably see a doctor. We're here for you.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there! I know it seems like hell and I've been there but things will get better. If you feel like you need to see a Dr there is nothing wrong with that. : )
Old 03-15-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh no hun, I know where youre coming from. I was the same, so wanted to stop but afraid of the withdrawal. Can you see a dr at the beginning of the week? Dont beat yourself up, just see a dr asap...we are behind you, try not to worry x
Old 03-15-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can find it within yourself to stop drinking for good.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're concerned or anxious about your health at all complexiti, it's really good to see a Dr, even if that takes some doing.

I hope you're feeling a little better now

D
Old 03-15-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Complexiti

If you can't go to a doctor, why not go to an ER. They will help you through the withdrawals. I was also in the same situation as you, many times. I kept drinking to avoid the withdrawals, especially if I was drinking for a long time. But I knew I would either have to deal with it, or keep drinking and end up in the back of an ambulance or much worse. The choice was clear, but not easy at all. Good Luck.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I cannot see a doctor until I think tomorrow afternoon but should be OK by then. Not so scared but now got the expected diarrhea which always happens. Have been drinking about half a litre of vodka a day most of last week - bought a litre I think three times since Monday. Kept getting more as was scared to stop. Got to the state of waking half four desperate to drink yesterday and kept drinking all day until it was all gone.

Don't remember what time it had gone but none for about 15 or 16 hours now.

My doctor knows I am an alcoholic never offered any help though. Go weeks without then once I start I can't stop. Ended up in ER once but that was because I had fallen and hurt my head. Was not drunk, tripped on something. They were horrible to me because I had been drinking. Rude, laughing, said served me right. Were very rough handed to me. No help to stop drinking though. Just called me a stupid old drunk.

Yes I am a stupid alcoholic but I desperately want to stop. This time I will be OK till the withdrawal stops and I feel good for a while - until that next time the bottle calls for me. Always happens.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

My doctor knows I am an alcoholic never offered any help though
Get a new Dr

D
Old 03-16-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Get a new Dr

D
Without saying where I live and losing my privacy, I can't explain why I can't get a new doctor. It is on my records that I am an alcoholic so even when there has been a new doctor they can see straight away.

I think I am OK now and thank you all for listening and understanding. The diarrhea cleared up with the help of Loperamide but even though I am drinking lots of liquid - water or decaff coffee, I can't eat. The thought of food makes me want to throw up and I still feel dizzy if I stand too long.

I am now in yet another "never again" state. I just wish that it really could be a "never again". But I am an alcoholic and as much as I want to stop I know that those bottles will start to call to me again. Maybe not this week, maybe not next week, but they will and one day I will find myself putting another bottle in my basket.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Complexiti

It really hurts to read your posts. You sound so lost. You sound like you are trying to to through this alone. Do you have any friends or family around that can help? Any AA meetings around? What happened to you in the ER is beyond words. Some of those idiots probably have the same problem. It also sounds like you are limited with getting any good medical help, but is there any other options besides the hospital you went to?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Complexiti

It really hurts to read your posts. You sound so lost. You sound like you are trying to to through this alone. Do you have any friends or family around that can help? Any AA meetings around? What happened to you in the ER is beyond words. Some of those idiots probably have the same problem. It also sounds like you are limited with getting any good medical help, but is there any other options besides the hospital you went to?
Unfortunately I am alone and there is nobody who can help. No AA meetings anywhere near.

But it is now Wednesday and all the withdrawal symptoms have, thankfully, gone except that I still can't eat. Just don't fancy anything. Trouble is if I go to the store to see if there is something I fancy I don't know what to do as I am frightened that I will see a bottle and just pick it up. This always happens once I get over the bad withdrawal so usually keep well away from the store.

I don't want to drink again but my body starts craving it and I mustn't give in.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I know you are doing it tough. You need to give your body some sustenance so it can heal. What can we do to help you?