Administrator

Class Of December 2010 part 4

last part is here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

keep up the great work guys

D
Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey all. Class of December 2010 here. 84 days today! I hope you guys are doing well!!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by reggiewayne View Post
Hey all. Class of December 2010 here. 84 days today! I hope you guys are doing well!!!!
Nice work! I think we are doing pretty good...we have our ups and downs but Decemberists keep moving forward.

Got stuck in a busy day so did not have a chance to check in, but all is well. Hope you all have a great night.

Soph: I saw Stripes, in the theatre, with my Mom!!!!! It was sooo uncomfortable...but I was trying to peek heh heh. What a memory! You know, movie theaters seemed so massive back then.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Reggie - congrats on 84 days!!!

Taking the day off work tomorrow. Can't wait for my friend to get here for shopping and a speaker meeting tomorrow night. If someone would have told us 30 yrs ago, 20 yrs ago, or even 10 yrs ago that we'd be going to an AA meeting together we would have said WTF! No way lol
Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Def cool about the 84 days Reggie!
And VC glad you were able to eat some! I had trouble with sleep the first week or 2 also.
Better that's so cool that you and your friend can enjoy hanging out still and are both sober!

I am super tired. Work has been super busy all week! I def can't wait for a relaxing weekend! I don't even want to do anything special this weekend except be lazy, but I do have a bday dinner for a fam member I'm supposed to go to sat night.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You sound good, VC, way to go!

And congrats to all of us on a brand spankin' new thread!

Better, hope you and your friend have a great visit.

BF, I am feeling so lazy right now. Still exhausted from my travels. Setting my sights on having the world's slowest, most boring day on Sunday. That would be heaven....
Old 02-25-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi all...have a great Friday and keep it up
Old 02-25-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Day 4.....still getting better! I got a few hours sleep on.....and I made a really excellent stir fry last night and ate quite a bit! I feel peace sliding back in, does anything beat that?

I decided to reward myself and I am getting a massage this morning at 7:45am. I cannot wait. I figured I would have spent that on wine the last few days.
I got so much done yesterday...stuff I should have done a month ago........but I can't look back, right? I got my business cards designed! I did it on the computer and got 1000 for $10!!!!!! I am really nervous about starting this biz.......all I see is money going OUT! I should be up and running by the end of March......who would have known there was all this legal and tax stuff to do first.

Ok, enough about me.

Way to go Reg on your time.......you should be very proud!

Have fun Better! Glad you have her coming.

Have a lazy weekend BF! Pamper yourself!

GF, I wonder if you would ride your bike to work out here today, woke up to a -9!!!! ick

R&A......thanks, I feel so much better, like crawling out of a nightmare.....I keep regretting I did not take the step sooner.....sigh......you have a nice lazy weekend too!

Nota and Nat,MJ,, Sop have a good weekend too!! You too Muppet Man!!

Here's us this weekend:

Maybe a couch instead of a hammock!

Holy crap, what a long post! Sorry!!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Finally home from Orlando. That was a very emotional, tough trip...hard to see my grandmother in a nursing home, but she is at peace there. Drank club soda the whole trip and I am damn proud of myself. So proud of you all!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi MJ! I was thinking of you this morning and hoping you would be checking in soon! We missed ya! It is hard to see loved ones, like a grandmother, in a nursing home, really hard. Am glad you and your sister were together!

MyG: ha ha, Stripes with your mom! My parents took us to see a few Woody Allen movies back in the day (!) and I remember being mortified. Just mortified!

VC..so glad you're feeling groovy and getting stuff done! Way to go!!

Ready, Better, BF, Nota, North, Natash, Reggie, Dee and everyone...Happy TGIF!!

Yesterday had all the trappings and all the triggers to send me to the wine shop for a bottle. Work was, quite simply, stressful. My son was acting like a little punk. And I was in pity party mode...but I went to boot camp and I went home and showered. Grilled myself a pbj in the pan like my mom used to when we were little. Got into bed by 8:45 after watching a bit of Office.

I did all that because if nothing changes, nothing changes and I want change!

Soph
Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey team, wow the week is over. I'm pooped but it was a good one. I bailed on a dinner tonight, not really so much because it was a social function with alchohol--it really wouldn't be, this is not a hard drinking group--but mainly because it's Friday and I just wanted to be home!

Soph MJ VC, B4me, RA, BF, everyone, have a great night. I'll be back to my Sat long run tomorrow.

Grilled PBJ, sounds amazing.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi gang

it's been a busy couple of weeks for me in my life - sorry I haven't been around as much.

I'm taking some time off this weekend - hopefully come back to a more settled week next week

Have a great weekend all!
D
Old 02-25-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Take care Dee! Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

I am settled in for the night...2 teenage boys playing videogames in the other room, we ordered pizza, and I am about to watch a Netflix stream, some Christian Bale movie/thriller - The Machinist - hope it's good...

Seltzer mixed with lemonade tonight. Am kinda lonely but happy to be sober.

Grilled PBJ's rock!! The jam mixes with the pb and it gets all warm and oozy. :
Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Soph, your choice last night sounds to me like the perfect antidote to a stressful day, way better than a drink. I'm really learning to love all things cozy, including comfort food and early bedtimes!

MG, along the same lines, I'm really glad to be home on a Friday. Not that I have any choice with my daughter asleep in the next room, but I like it just the same.

MJ, I'm glad you made the trip. Sounds hard, but so worth it.

D, no apology needed. You're always here in spirit.

VC, I spent my share of time regretting I didn't quit sooner. But you know what? It doesn't matter. The past is gone, like water flowing under the proverbial bridge. All that matters is today, and today I didn't drink. I remember thinking I might never be able to quit. It really is like waking up from a nightmare. Still have my regrets, but mostly I just feel incredibly grateful for this chance.

Everyone, hope you have a great weekend. You guys really inspire me, especially on the days I feel low!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ready, what a great post. Thanks. Okay everyone group hug!!

Happy Saturday! Oh - The Machinist was good! He was skeletal in that movie! But it was just perfect for a Friday night in.

I know there are threads for this kind of thing but I am usually just a December poster and I lurk and read other threads but rarely post in them. So I wanted to say a few things I am grateful for today.

Grateful For:
- To be alive
-To be living in a free country
-To be employed
- To be healthy, young-ish (er, forty- mrahgh cough cough)
- To have this forum
- To continue to be sober and I will let you guys know when I get to 30 days.

Happy Saturday!! What are my Decembers grateful for today? (If you feel like it. You don't have to.) is this not a funny weird little smiley!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am grateful for you guys. For my family. For my city, which I love. For my work...the plant in my office, my kids...so very much. I try to think about this question every night. Acceptance and gratitude are the key for me, I think.

I saw Seinfeld last night. Live. He was absolutely amazing--my face hurts from laughing. Operation sober comedy nights is working!

I've found myself thinking I could have a glass of wine once in a while. Every other month? Once a year? In other states...? The rule list gets so ridiculous, and I want to be free of the thoughts about drinking. My sister thinks the way I beat myself up about drinking is worse than the drinking, and that could be true (at this stage). But what to do about it? I like waking up happy and sober...my mind still races through all the things I could have done wrong as soon as I wake up...but then I remember I was sober, and am so happy.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

P.S. Soph--40 is the new 20! Right?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Thanks for those words R&A. Hugs.

Soph, I am grateful for:

The hope and peace currently making its way into my life again.
My boyfriend who stands by me through thick and thin.
My health
The opportunity to open a business and work for myself
My dad still loves me even though I really blew having some quality time with him. This bothers me very much.
Getting my sense of humor back.
I am grateful to all of you!

Speaking of humor, MJ I hate you! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Seinfeld and would sleep overnight in a tent in the middle of winter to see him live! I think I have seen every episode.....I love dry humor. I love Frazier very much as well. The BF got me the full season for Christmas......I just laugh and laugh, what better gift is that?

I have been having some serious trouble sleeping.......2 nights ago not at all, last night maybe a couple of hours? My clock is all off. I took a sleeping pill and that did not even help. Hope it passes soon.

Got up this morning and made some omelets and hash browns. Yum. I had a juice creation with pomegranate lemonade mixed with Splash-Tropical blend. Boy was it great!

I have a bowling tourney today....lucky my bowling partner is not a big drinker. I may have a Red Bull. You should see me keyed up on one of those...lol.

Nice to hear from you this morning.....and great job, you inspire me!!!!!

Bye for now peeps.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

PS: I guess you can see I am feeling better with the length of my posts, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So glad you are feeling good!

The tickets were gifts from a friend...it was really one of the best evenings I've had in a while.