Notices

Class Of December 2010 part 4

Old 03-02-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Sometimes I wonder if things like that are angels sending us some help!!
I like to think that! And there are times when the angels are just good people who understand and don't wanna make a big deal out of things.

I forgot to mention that I last night was excited about the bleu cheese mussels but then I saw it was a white wine cream sauce. Now I know this is not the same as having a glass but for some reason I felt compelled to say no when offered. I was kinda bummed I'll admit. Then I started to get paranoid that maybe my steak was prepared with red wine...then I mellowed out and just decided to stop worrying.

Wishing you all a great night.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all, celebrated a friend's birthday at a bar...with seltzer. Bars are easier for me than wine-filled dinner parties, I had a great time. I am working on step 4 and it's hard. I am ready for step five. I am loving this new life.

Happy Wednesday...you are the angels, Team December.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Works been super crazy and I havnt had a chance to hop on here so looks like I have some posts to catch up on which I will try and do tomorrow now that I have to get to sleep so I can work tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well

MJ I checked out that online AA and signed up. Looks a little confusing but I'll have to check it out more tomorrow. Thanks again for the link!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Good morning all! Day 10 for me today. I am very thankful to wake up and greet the day instead of dreading it. Two different worlds for sure.

WTG at the bar MJ. You are getting stronger, can you feel that? Isn't there a step thread somewhere here where you could chat with others about the same step? Just wondering....

...then I mellowed out and just decided to stop worrying.
Good for you GF.....

I am with you guys on the old people hours now! I went to bed at 10 and up at 6!! I slept like a rock! Finally! I am still very tired, but that's ok, I am sober. I will take that trade any day. I wish I had been where I am now in Florida.........felt like I spoiled the vacation for both my dad and my BF........but I need to look forward, right? I get these pangs of guilt.......ugh.

Soph, we miss you and I hope you are doing ok. Hugs sent your way. :ghug3

Good morning to everyone else!! Hi Dee, you have been quiet! Imagine that....hee hee.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I am here, just have been quiet, but I am here...have been at the gym every night, and am taking the day off from work today for a few errands and appointments so that feels great! Am not drinking, which is helping me stay focused on my health.

Mostly trying to get through this very rough phase with my son, who has really hit adolescence with a fever pitch now, he has his first "girlfriend" he is 14, and he has turned even more obnoxious than before, and I know it's normal, but it is still hard.

Hearing "I hate you! I hate you so much!" from the child you have raised and loved, is not easy. I know it is a phase, I know he doesn't mean it, etc etc etc...still hard.

Bye for now, thanks for the friendship guys, glad you are all doing so well!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Soph, so glad to see your sweet dog's face. One day at a time, right...the phrase my husband is a bit tired of by mow...the more I say it, the more I hope it will sink in.

You're a great mom. He loves you. He's supposed to yell at you at this stage--means he's healthy and growing up. I bet it feels awful, though.

I'm going to ready my step 4 to my therapist now. Can't WAIT to be done.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I did it! I do feel much better, though telling someone about all the drunken college mistakes was just depressing. Ready to move the hell on!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Congrats to the class of December 2010!!!

VC - sounds like you are doing great!! BTW - what a crappy thing for your attorney to say

Soph - I don't have kids so can't relate to what you're going through except I too was a smart-mouthed 14 yr old and said horrible things to my mom, which of course I now regret. It must be horribly difficult, but you will get through this tough period in your life because you are a strong, capable woman

Super busy as work now. Involved in a CA project, which is great and all, except I live in OK and not familiar with CA geography, which I need to be for this project. Thank God for geology.com. They have a lot of good maps.

Spring is in the air here....Love the longer days and warmer temps. I must be careful however, as the warm temps are an easy trigger for me to drink beer and white wine. (or of course the love of my life, red wine). I will stay strong!!!

Kinda bummed because if I hadn't blown it on a stinkin half a beer a few weeks ago, I would have 90 days today. Oh well, forward not backward.

Have a lovely evening all
Old 03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

busy week VC

I remember saying that to my mum Soph - I didn't mean it - it was just one of the weapons a snotty little teenage boy trying to puff himself up and find his spot in the world uses.

Congratulations MJ
D
Old 03-03-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Even tho you can't add them to the count, you still have all those days Better...

you decided to come back...you didn't lose any of the things you learned or the experience you gained....

and I think that's way more important than any day count

D
Old 03-03-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I feel horrible, just talked to my dad on the phone. He had been very concerned about me when I was in Florida....he did not sleep and was very anxious due to my behavior. I feel so bad........I so wish I had quit before I went down there.....

What do you do with that?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

You chalk it up as a lesson, put it the memory bank, and do everything you can not to put yourself in that position again VC.

We all have regrets. But the past is gone....it's what we do with today that counts.

I believe if we do it right in enough todays we'll come to atone for any wrongdoing

D
Old 03-03-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Better I agree with Dee! You have 89 days and nights without drinking! Remember to count the days in your own mind and memory and not get too hung up on the "starting over" guilt because, as they say, "progress not perfection." It is the drive to perfection that will drive us back to escape the disappointment in life...because we will always find that we are disappointing because we are human...

I was looking at images of the Earth awhile back from those pics from Hubble telescope and it really helps put things in perspective. I wish all the quacking all over the world about my God and your God and my tribe and your tribe would cease by everyone just remembering how tiny our little planet is, in the vast universe...!

Anyway it helps me with my woes! VC...Progress not perfection. Don't stew over the trip...

Hugs!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I am just pooped, kinda tangled with someone at work today. I definitely do not like conflict, I get very uncomfortable. Just got a note from a friend who passes through town bout twice a year...a drinker, a big drinker. Ugh. I already said I am on the wagon for training for my March Marathon. we'll see how this goes.

Ok lot's going on here:

Soph: He doesn't mean it, I never meant it when I foolishly said that kinda stuff...it's funny but even all these years later I feel regret for stupid things I might have said to done to my parents growing up. But Dee's advice applies to all of these situations, I make today and the person I am today better than before.

b4me..glad you are here!

VC...I can't improve on Dee's advice.

MJ, wow we were both at bars celebrating bdays, and we both made it!

BF, R&A, everyone else, hope you are well!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone!

Crazy day at work. It was exactly the kind of day that before would have had me doubling up on my nightly drinks. Raced all day to meet an impossible deadline, and when we did, the client sent an email saying, "Great job—now go have a huge glass of wine!" He was just trying to be nice, obviously. But it caught me off guard, and my resolve felt a little shaky for a while. Yet here it is just a few hours later, and I'm feeling plenty decompressed in bed next to my cat. I gotta always remember I'm actually happier this way...

MG, I really hate conflict, too. It invariably kills my mood for the rest of the day. Hope tomorrow's serene.

MJ: Good for you. I bet my college stories are way worse than yours. One ends in a hospital, and another in the county jail. Hmmm... maybe I missed some early warning signs, come to think about it.

Better, you stopped drinking almost before you started. It seems like you really learned something from it. At this point you should be grateful, not regretful.

VC: Same goes for you. Dee nailed it (of course)! How great would it be for your dad if it turns out that was the last time he saw you drinking?

BF: Hope work settles down soon. I know I'm really looking forward to the weekend.

Soph: That sucks. But it's what teenagers do. I've heard shrinks say it's one way that kids peel away from their parents to form their own self identity. For me, I think it was just a combination of arrogance, ignorance, and raging hormones. If it's any consolation, he will one day grow up and feel really, really guilty this stuff!

I was looking at images of the Earth awhile back from those pics from Hubble telescope and it really helps put things in perspective
Totally! Contemplating space always makes me and my life seem really small and insignificant—and I find that incredibly comforting! Thinking about vast stretches of time—museum exhibitions of Roman or Egyptian antiquities, for example—have the same effect on me. I love that feeling of getting out of my own head for a while, and realizing I'm not the center of the universe. (Apparently, Charlie Sheen is...)
Old 03-04-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Sneaking in a morning post heh heh Everyone have a great day!

Wow, I had one od those restless nights..all sorts a stuff floating around. A bike ride in always helps with that.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I gotta always remember I'm actually happier this way...
There is a lot to this statement R&A. It's huge!

MJ, just want you to know I wrote down the quote you posted on the general forum. It is so so so true! I had a work buddy years ago that tried to teach me about expectations and how they would always get ya.....I will pass this quote on to him. For those who did not read it:
Expectation is premeditated resentment. wow.......thanks for sharing that!

I am glad it is the weekend too. Tomorrow I will travel to Butte with the BF, he has a board meeting with the union there. I drop him off and drive around and look at things and go shopping a bit. I have missed the last couple monthly meetings......for reasons I don't have to explain. It will be nice to get up and go and feel good!!!!! I got up at 5am today!! Who IS this person??? lol. It just amazes me how much better my life is without that life-sucking stuff........how did I ever think it had a calm down effect? It is totally the opposite!

GF, hope that bike ride in gets enough endorphins flowing to relax the mind a bit.

Better, you have done amazing, you are amazing.

Good news, my business cards, etc shipped early! I should get them this Thursday. My business insurance kicks in April 1st so that will give me some time to hit the pavement and get the word out! Gosh this is scary! Feel like my neck is on the chopping block! lol.

Anyway, BF, Soph, MJ, GF, R&A, Better, Dee, Natasha & GirlFromCO if you are out there..........have a wonderful, happy and peaceful Friday. Will check in later......you guys are the best.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm going to try to be present with my little guy today--I've already yelled at him to watch a movie while I had some coffee and web time. Sigh.

VC, please be kind to yourself. I also found myself sobbing about old things I'd done during the first few weeks. It will even out. You are doing a wonderful thing. Forgive yourself for the past.

MG, can you just be too busy to see this friend right now? When my hard-drinking friend was here, it was really hard.

Soph, glad you are back.

Still trying to practice step 3...let go and let God. It's hard. But this beautiful day says, "Listen to me." I sound drunk. Millsborough, bring me some coffee!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

VC, Butte! I love that town. Had a few too many on St. Patrick's Day one year, and an old lady told me to shut my piehole. I will never forget that. Butte is so full of ghosts.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Had a few too many on St. Patrick's Day one year, and an old lady told me to shut my piehole. I will never forget that.
LOL!!!!!!!!! :rotfxko
Thanks for the morning laugh!! Usually it is R&A that gives me my morning chuckle! Yeah is it Butte that has the largest St. Patricks Day celebration in the world or just in the US? I have to say I have never been, I don't like huge crowds.......I even disliked Bourbon St.....too many peeps......not my thing I guess....