Notices

If you're new to this site

Old 06-11-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi mikimc,

I'm sorry you and your daughter are going through this.

Does your daughter have a place where she can share her feelings and express her fears? Medication is good to help with coping, but the best treatment also involves counseling and a place to feel like she isn't different from everyone else. She needs to feel she belongs. Panic and anxiety cause us to want to isolate. It's one of the symptoms. We kind of shrink into ourselves. We walk around seeing the world through a tinted window. We feel we're different and it's very hard to fit in anywhere. Finding others out there just like us is really important. We need someone to understand us. This is especially true with teenagers.

I don't know your situation, but I would find a doctor who specializes in anxiety disorders. There are a lot of doctors who don't understand. A psychiatrist would be better for medication issues. They should answer your questions and listen to your input.

There are many things that can cause anxiety disorders. Genetics, disorders, sexual abuse or trauma, above average intellegence, major life changes, etc..

I found a forum for teens that you can look at and see if you feel it's something she would be interested in.

http://groups.teenhelp.org/index.php
Old 10-17-2006, 10:03 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I am new

Hi morning glory, I have PTSD, Panic/Anxiety Disorder, Bi-polar, and agoraphobia and sleep disorders. I am so happy to have found this site. I feel comfort here. I wish there weren't so many people suffering though. You have come a long way. Way to go! I am proud of you - it is a long road. I have suffered from depression since I was a child and sleep disorder since I was born. I think I have always had anxiety also. I wasn't diagnosed with bi-polar until 2001 while in the hospital for five weeks. I will privately tell you that story one day. It's a little too crazy to post. Take care.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:10 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome nikitablue

I'm sorry you've been through so much. I'm not sure if it gets better or we just get stronger so it feels better. My PTSD keeps coming up in different ways. Not so much anxiety now, but muscle pain and nerve pain daily. If it's not one thing it's another.

My computer is down right now and I'm not on as much as usual. I think you emailed that you were having trouble with your signature. Did you get that figured out?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I'm new to the site, just been here a few days, and JUST found this post. Boy howdy do I know exactly what the original post was talking about. That's so similar to my own story! Gosh it feels nice to be around someone who really knows!!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, ShadowM;

WElcome, and I hope you'll post your story to share your own experience, strength and hope!

Shalom!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

How do I deal with this?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi John, and welcome. Can you tell us what is bothering you? Please feel free to start a new thread of your own if you wish.