Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 3

Old 04-27-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

.. meh .. that's some harder edge music .. I mean was into actually pl;aying it .. buying it .. oh hell no ..

.. jeez .. I have tinnitus so bad that I run 2 fans for white noise to sleep ..

.. why .. jail / prison gonna be horrible for me .. until I get / make earplugs ..

.. this song here .. I like ,,

Old 04-27-2016, 01:26 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Hb...=RDr7Hb4bxF12E
Old 04-27-2016, 01:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Old 04-27-2016, 02:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....

.. I am done .. i guess ..

Old 04-27-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope whatevers going on you don't end up in prison...but if thats a real possibility you'll be best to face it clean and sober.

Can you see your Dr about tinnitus?

D
Old 04-27-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

.. ain't no dr in prison or jail gonna address tinnitus ..

Old 04-27-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Blacky the music was really beautiful and no, no dr in gaol is going to treat your tinnitus or give a damn. I've got it too like relentless cicadas.

You can't go to gaol blacky. What is your barrister saying? I'll bake a cake with a file inside.

What with those songs....I'm crying....this is wrong. Are you sure?
Old 04-27-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Do your best

What's happened blacky ?
Old 04-27-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Blacky, I would recommend reading your 1st posts here at SR because it can be easy to forget why we quit our doc's. I read mine a few wks ago and wow, I was a wreck back then lol.
I know it must be very frightening to be facing jail or prison time, but you knew that would be a likely possibility when you 1st came here and got clean & sober. We will always be here for you hun, no matter what.
You've gotten sober in the past, but then became complacent & figured you could handle it on your own. Expecting different results, but doing things the same way, is unrealistic and never works.
I hope I don't sound too harsh, but I think that we sometimes need to hear the truth. And I care about you, so plz know I'm concerned about you.
(( Hugs )) & much love!
Old 04-27-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Steely, I hear crickets too. It started out more like cicadas during the 1st 6mo's after I quit drugs...much louder and higher pitched, but has toned downed to the sound of crickets lol. Two causes can be anxiety and loud music...check, check lol! And the more I concentrate on the noise, the worse it is. Interestingly enough, loud music also makes the crickets in my head go away haha! Pretty much, any diversionary tactic works well now days.
Xoxox!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bubovski View Post
I was on them for over thirty years and had a really long taper.
I found withdrawal would begin a few weeks to a month post the last dose. Over those many years I would try to go cold turkey for a month so as not to need keep bumping up the dose. It did'nt work.
As a rule my dosage was quite low round 5mgs to 10 of diazepam daily. I also dabbled with serepax. tranxene and xanax et al.

By tapering very slowly over two years the withdrawal syndrome wasn't too bad though some really scary symptoms occurred quite late in the process. Hypnic jerk, where you wake with a start as falling off to sleep or later in the process,and Exploding head syndrome, similar to the former but accompanied by a loud explosion were both expereienced..........not in any way dangerous they say, but pretty disconcerting.
Good luck with yours: they are a horrible drug, meant to be used for a month at longest. I havent smoked for over 30 years......cept for a couple of joints which I did not enjoy.

30yrs? Wow...so awesome you're 6mo's clean from benzos! Well done!
I completely agree that benzos should be prescribed short term only, w/the exception of treating brain disorders like epilepsy. Considering that it's 1 of the only 2 drugs that could cause death from withdrawal, you would think that doctors would be would use much more caution when prescribing it. Instead, they still hand it out like candy when a patient tells them they have an anxiety disorder grrr! I didn't think twice about it when my doctor 1st prescribed it, along w/methadone & norco and I'm certain that any newly prescribed patient wouldn't either.
It all boils down to $$$ in the end and the connection between corrupt politics and colossal pharmaceutical companies and greedy doctors. How sad.
(( Hugs )) Bub!
Old 04-27-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just lost my post and have to go pick up my brother from the hospital so have to depart.

Blacky is this for real? Are you definitely going to gaol?

People really DO care blacky please stay connected.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I lost my post last night because I just had to go see if I spelled a word correctly ugh, lol. So I said "screw it!"
Old 04-27-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The water is a cistern is just tap water

If you rent Steely, loos come under essential items - they're the landlords responsibility usually?

D
What about shonky plumbers?
Consumer complaints-- VCAT in Vic.?
They tend to be a bit shonky too....... re them not current drinking
Old 04-27-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Question

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
I lost my post last night because I just had to go see if I spelled a word correctly ugh, lol. So I said "screw it!"
I'm getting on a bit (74) and occasionally miss a letter in a word... like th-s!
Oh well Alzheimers, I'm still trying..............very trying my wife reckons.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Old 04-27-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

.. now .. of course .. sometimes things don't always .. work out well ..

Old 04-27-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

Talk to us Blacky were in this together
Old 04-28-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Back from nutso stressful anxiety filled day with my mad lol brother and my (now) doting mother who now calls me "darling" when never before, ever. Guess she needs me now that's she's old and suffers mother guilt about my brother's schizophrenia.

Then had to walk the Highway to Hell only to buy chicken for dinner which smelled bad so had to take it back. 2gs chicken and I weigh 40kg. Lucky I'm strong. And I didn't have a drink or a cigarette . What do I want? A gold medal or a Davey Crockett hat?

Toilet seems to have miraculously repaired itself however short lived. Thanks for all of the input lots a ex drunk plumbers out there. haha printers and journalists are or used to be more at risk too. Deadlines, etc. Hold the press.

Thanks Bubovski for the drum on tapering benzo's. I am doing it slow and will have to get my nail file out to shave. How dull.

Alarming to hear that WD set in for you up to 4 weeks after last cut in dose. I've heard of that happening and you are right to say that they are mongrel drugs. Claw my way out.

I know the word you thought you misspelled kzaug and bravo on your restraint but I knew you could spell it.

I've got a thing about spelling kzaug and bit of a debate came up about the spelling of gaol or jail. I spell gaol but others reckon it's obsolete now. I don't believe them. haha. Keep the lingo alive, I say.

I'd nearly forgotten about Jefferson Airplane Blacky. I got stoned and I missed it. Not really, they were great and brought back memories.

Hope you don't go to gaol blackie. Have you been to trial? You seemed to be complying with all of the Drug Courts (that's what we call them) orders (?) in going to D&A education as well as working. What else do they want?

Is this a fate comple or might you still have your freedom?

If you get a chance put on some Leadbelly. I think he was given some sort of pardon whilst in gaol for murder. But because of his voice they let him live. Small mercies.

Oh well, I'm tired and will close with best wishes to all.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thats is until I watched the one that didn't work out.