Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 2

Old 02-17-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey all,Blacky,I agree with Kzaug that you're doing absolutely great compared to other people's withdrawal, last year even the 25% I cut drove me to the moon and back,was sleeping 3 to 4 hours,sweating, feeling like the floor was gonna give out on my shaky legs ugh,Patricia, I hope everything is ok,at least check in if you can please,still doing my tiny taper,I feel ok so far,I just hope I'll be able to get through and live without klono yikes,have a good one peeps😊
Old 02-17-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
I just hope I'll be able to get through and live without klono yikes,have a good one peeps😊
There's no hopin about it hunny...you can do it when the time comes! Its really, really important to take the bull by the horns & try and not let your fear get the best of you. And, of course, we'll be here for you. (( Hugs ))
Old 02-17-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes all.

The job I am on now involves water leaking behind cedar siding and rotting the framing of a house and also inside drywall, floor damage. I was originally just thinking it was minor until I opened up the wall a bit .. then a bit more .. Not the sort of job I would have chosen right now but I will take care of it.

I think you will be ok Winslow just keep at it.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know I have to"know" I can do this,some days just suck,2 pills a day to taper down feels like its gonna take forever, then there's protracted withdrawal that I've read about,you guys don't seem to have those though,I know I've said it before but reading benzo buddies was one of the worst things I ever did in starting this,they think EVERYTHING is benzo related!when a lot of them seem to be older women who may be going through the change or have other health issues ya know? My symptoms so far seem to be increased anxiety (some days) low blood sugar feeling, extreme thirst,headache,sometimes ringing in the ear for a few seconds but theses could also be hormone related so I'll just pretend its that😀 still worried about Patricia, I really hope she's ok,my drinking binges used to get really bad too,I probably should have gone to the hospital for some of them but at least I'm done with that chapter of my life,now time to close this one, thanks for the support Kzaug and Blacky😊
Old 02-18-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Also wanted to thank the peeps who pop-in from time to time for their support😊
Old 02-18-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I've decided that instead of increasing my lexipro I am going to get off of it.
I did not have depression or much anxiety when I did the 8 months in jail with no medication. I originally was on klonopin when I told my GP that I had quit drinking and probably should have stopped that after a while.

Being an addict it is easy for me to want to be taking something but the side effects of my med seem to be causing anxiety and other weirdness.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really urge you to speak with your Dr before doing that Blacky.
Not that I don;t trust your judgement - but sometimes an outside perspective is helpful?

D
Old 02-18-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Blacky, I agree with D, please talk to your doc 1st. You've just quit taking klonopin & I'm pretty sure what you're going through is benzo withdrawal. Benzos alter the brain chemistry....and from what I've just read about lexapro, it does too. So, please proceed with caution & consult your doc. I think you should be aware that it may take longer to physically recovery from klonopin withdrawals.

Winslow, the reason I've never read the stories at benzo buddies is because I've heard that all they do is convey all the horror they went through & I think that once someone gets through the withdrawal stage, they should change their pattern of thought to start thinking positive. It's nearly impossible to be positive during withdrawals...I understand that, but thinking positively in later recovery has helped me to deal w/both depression & anxiety.
I checked on Patricia & she's fine. She's been posting in the newcomers forum, so that's good.

(( Hugs )) guys!
Old 02-18-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hope it's OK to jump in here but saw that it was a benzo thread and might be useful. I withdrew from Mirtazapine after my psychiatrist decided to try me on another anti-depressant and like you Blacky did not have much anxiety and depression when I was in re-hab and introduced to them because I looked "depressed on the award" - who wouldn't be depressed on a rehab floor metaphorically speaking. Anyrate switched to Lexapro two days following cessation Mirtazapine and finished up with Serotonin Syndrome. Don't ever get it SUX is not a big enough word. Withdrawing from Mirtazapine took about 18 months two years and it was crap. I'm now free from Mirtazapine but was put on Valium to quash the seizure shakes from SS and got stuck. So, I've withdrawn from Mirtazapine, nearly killed with SS and now withdrawing from Valium. Man, no wonder I'm nuts and I've got a good but psychO family to contend. Still batting and hope the same for everyone. All that I know is that benzo's should be tapered very very slowly and anti-depressants the same way. Got tired of my psych saying he'd seen heaps of people jump off 90mgs of something or other and I'm sitting there unable to stop shaking. I am not that guy.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I will talk with the doctor but also I am not going to increase my lexipro yet.
I think I should take it slower with this medication, only been on it a month and some days so I was thinking now might be the time to jump ship .. ha ha ..
Out of the frying pan into the fire .. IDK

Welcome around Steely.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey all,Kzaug thanks for the update on Patricia, just glad she's ok,Blacky,I'd stay low on the lex if you're not really needing it,you did say before that you had no sides from it,so I'm guessing its just your body missing the klono, hi Steely,thanks for sharing your story,hope we all have a nice Friday😊
Old 02-19-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

So nice to see you, Steely and welcome to our thread...were all nuts 'round here lol! Wow...Serotonin Syndrome, that's scary stuff! I'm sorry you dad to suffer through that for so long. I don't understand why doctors switch up antidepressants or up dosages too quickly when SS could be the result?!?

Blacky, I agree that you shouldn't increase your dose...especially after reading Steely's story and realizing that you've only been taking lexapro for a mo. I think you should just tell yourself doc that you don't want to up your dose.

Hi Winslow, I hope you're having a good day.

Iodine looking stains showed up on my hand again this morning. I also feel light headed & faint. The paperwork to the blood tests I'm supposed to get is hanging on my calendar. I'm supposed to fast for 12hrs prior to the tests, so I better quit dragging my feet.

(( Hugs )) to all.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Kzaug,please get the blood work done asap,I'm worried plus curious to see what the hell is going on ya know?
Old 02-19-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Kzaug,please get the blood work done asap,I'm worried plus curious to see what the hell is going on ya know?
Yea, I know lol....1st thing on Mon. Thx hun.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I hope they figure it out Kzaug and it is nothing serious.

For the past few days I have noticed increased swallowing and saliva.
It is annoying and also something that gets worse when you think about it.
I looked at google .. yeah that always helps .. so it says something about increased anxiety or acid reflux.

I have the reflux but take a medication that controls it fine. Mentally I am not anxious, um .. so maybe a physical something .. idk ..
I guess I might schedule a GP visit.

Otherwise I feel pretty good.
I had a job interview today with a company for part time work that went well I think. No one asked about any criminal record so I did not bring it up. I won't be surprised if I am rejected after a back ground check which I think they will do.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Kzaug I thought I was dead in the water. The thing is when he switched me I was having no problem with the Mirtazapine. HE THEN PROMPTLY WENT ON HOLIDAYS! He has apologised, and said that as a result of my experience he has "changed his practice". Ah, in the name of science........I make it a better world. Please get those blood tests done I know I always feel better when I know what I'm up against. Looks like we are all off to the doctor's Blacky included.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Blacky, I think your increased swallowing is both anxiety & klonopin withdrawal related. I had forgotten about that particular symptom until you brought it up, but when I'd lay down and "try" to sleep during withdrawals, I found it extremely hard to swallow my spit. And the more I concentrated on trying to swallow, the worse it was. It wasn't very pleasant ugh. I also just remembered my hair fell out. It's amazing what I've forgotten about lol. But, don't worry, your hair should be fine...remember, I turkeyed it.
I think it's all linked to the brain taking time to heal, when benzos were doing the job that the receptors were suppose to do.

Steely, on behalf of me, I'd like to thank you for your contribution to science lol.

Wkend (( Hugs ))
Old 02-19-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My hair already fell out .. so I don't have to worry bout that ..
Old 02-19-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Smile

My hair fell out too, and I did get over salivation when withdrawing Mirtazapine.....slobbering sometimes. Kazaug I thank you. My sacrifice to humankind and to all those suffering will only be rewarded by you getting your blood tested. Please do not let my noble effort be wasted it is all I have to offer the world. Maybe we could start a balding benzo's thread?
Old 02-19-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
My hair fell out too, and I did get over salivation when withdrawing Mirtazapine.....slobbering sometimes. Kazaug I thank you. My sacrifice to humankind and to all those suffering will only be rewarded by you getting your blood tested. Please do not let my noble effort be wasted it is all I have to offer the world. Maybe we could start a balding benzo's thread?
Have no fear...your sacrifice ought not be for nothing, for I'm going to get my blood tests on Mon. Pinky promise! "Balding Benzos"...has a certain ring about it, cept that my hair eventually grew back lol!

Okay, it's late here on my side of the pond, so I bid you all a good night, sweet dreams and, of course, plenty of (( hugs! ))