Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 2

Old 02-23-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I wanted to add one thing. I agree w/you Blacky about doctors easily prescribing meds to patients. I bet some of them love addicts like us. I mean, we're so eager to try any new meds & doctors get kick backs from Big Pharm's. I just read an article on that I think maybe Wolfie posted the link to? One thing I didn't know is that Big Pharm used to be run by doctors & scientists. Now they're run by businessmen who answer to shareholders! The article was about a documentary that was done on doctors, prescribed meds & Big Pharm. There was a lot more entailed & it was all disturbing.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey all,I'm sick with a cold again, will post more tomorrow😊
Old 02-23-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Yes I think this med. group with the PA is glad to latch onto folks like a barnacle.
I am there because they are a counseling group provider the court system uses.
Also a kind of captive source of revenue. The group is helpful and informative and I am going through all this voluntarily. Most everyone else is ordered there by the Judge after a conviction.

Being forced into sobriety never worked out very long for me. I would do well but then once not monitored I have gone right to the liquor store a time or two .. spite or stupidity .. IDK .. ya got to want it.

It will be back to the rotted house tomorrow, maybe I will install some sheet rock.
I guess if the framing has dried out enough. Might have to put some fans on it or see about a dehumidifier.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
.. Get well soon ! ..
Old 02-23-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Sorry to you're not feeling well hun. Sending healing vibes your way! (( Hugs ))
Old 02-23-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi kzaug and Blacky we don't have PA's here but crumbs cut your dose in half, discharged you, told your husband he was going to die, who are these power freaks who hold the power but zip knowledge? As for the housework I was a bit of a lounge lizard there for a while and housework really doesn't do it for me. It's not like you've built a table or something and can see the results of your work, it just reappears and yesterday's work has gone down the drain. I did do the kitchen yesterday and even used bleach after remembering where it was, ha ha, hmmm bleach, what's that? It's weird getting sober feel all starry eyed and so happy about the whole dealeo and the honeymoon is over, yet still I am happy, grateful because I have tried so many times and thought I was a lost cause. Good you are off the Lexepro Blacky I really don't like anti-depressants and had a terrible time coming off Mirtazapine. Fair dinkum I was walking like a marionette for a very long time and that's just the half of it. Went for a swim today and had a really nice lunch AND declined a beer with ease. Woohoo! Only a little bit longer and I'll be off the Valium. No more pharmaceuticals for me I reckon they did me more harm than good, but that's just me. I'm starting to rave so will close but very happy that your blood work was not sinister kzaug that must be a huge relief. Thanks for being their friends my gratitude is humbling and profound. Hi Winslow and Patricia. Rock on.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Winslow - get well soon.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Blacky, you are certainly a jack of all trades. My hubs knows how to do just about anything too...he's very handy to have around lol, plus I like him a whole lot too.

Steely, I don't think college graduates have the opportunities they used to. Back in my day, if you went to college, you pretty much were assured a career in your chosen profession. Now days, kids need to major in a career that's in a growing field, like computers or the medical field. So, whereas the medical field used to draw more a compassionate type who wanted to make a different in the world, now graduates are going where the money and the jobs are. Results? A whole new breed of medical professionals ( imo and not all med students, of course. )
My oldest daughter went to college to become a Pharmacy Tech, but there were no jobs available when she graduated. It turned out okay for her though...actually better than okay. She started her own cleaning business 7 yrs ago, now has her own warehouse and office, a dozen employees, & grosses a quarter of a mil/yr. So all's well that ends well.

Winslow, I hope you're feeling a little better today.

Patricia, I know you're struggling, we're here if you need us.

Have a good night guys! (( Hugs ))
Old 02-24-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well.

Did not do much today, wall I want to work on is still a bit damp so I put a fan on it.
Have a slight headache but otherwise doing fine so far.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

So right kzaug the universities here are moving away from the Arts/philosophy etc, and courses are pretty much designed to follow the dough. How tacky. It will make for a very sterile world and all the poets lost. Extremely hot here today flaked on couch hoping for a breeze and winning Lotto even though I haven't got a ticket. ha ha I gotta a ticket to ride, and I don't care. Sheeee! Just felt a breeze. Glad you are doing well Blacky and wish with all my might that I could do all that handyman stuff. When I went to school only the boys were allowed to do woodwork and metalwork and I felt really ripped off. Probably the root of my drinking. Hope you are doing OK Patricia.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello everyone get well soon Winslow
Old 02-25-2016, 12:35 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Soberwolf.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Steely how are you x
Old 02-25-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey all,not sure if its a cold or just allergies but its a miserable feeling and I'm so sensitive to meds even the "safe" ones like claritin,allegra, etc make me feel weird and no its not in my head cuz I've tried them all at different times and still get a strange reaction, Blacky,I'm glad you feel ok even after dropping the lexapro,I always read horror stories about going off that med too but you weren't on it that long so maybe that helped😊 Steely, how do you control your anxiety while tapering? It seems like you guys all are better equipped than I am😡 the therapist I was seeing suggested that I make an appointment with the psychiatrist so I feel like he thinks I'm beyond his expertise, who knows,Kzaug,what are you listening.to today? Hope we all have an easy day😊
Old 02-25-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi Dee😊
Old 02-25-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Smile

Glad to see you back on deck Winslow and I get weird reactions to all sorts of 'normal' drugs too. It's not in my head either and in the end stop mentioning it to either friends or doctors as it either looks like I'm a hypo or the doctor says oh no that couldn't be the case it can be really depressing. I don't know that I do deal with my anxiety Winslow I just cop to it and carry on regardless. Distraction and doing things does help a bit. Being sober has been instrumental so am thinking that with greater sobriety and better plans it will improve. I think anxiety has been given a bad press so hold our anxiety banner high I say. I don't feel better equipped Winslow I can assure you some (most) days are still filled with fear and trepidation but just try to bat on regardless. I'm only sitting on 2.5mg Valium now having both abused them and taken them therapeutically and I'm just going to sit. I know 2.5mg is piddling but I have been on so many psychotropic drugs for so many years the final cut will just have to wait. I am also aware that Klonopin is stronger than Valium and which would probably make your anxiety more difficult during withdrawal. It is Klonopin that you are taking, right? I think we just have to cop to it sober and try to do something interesting and feel supported and connected here at SR. I would be really lost without this connection and I find that hard to say. Hang in Winslow. Glad you stopped the Lexapro early Blacky I was on Mirtazapine for over a decade and the withdrawal was spooky. I'm doin' alright Soberwolf because I am sober. Guess it's a case of the world dishing up whatever it wants and if I'm sober I am in with a chance to dish it back. The Southerly came through at about 1:00am and is delightful, cool. It was so hot yesterday. Hi kzaug and Patricia. I love us space cadets what a great struggle we have undertaken.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I fixed my kitchen sink clog by using a snake .. that was nasty .. but it drains now.

I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop on this lexipro cessation as the klonopin withdrawal hit me at 3 days. So far nothing but being a bit dizzy the first day and a headache the 3rd. Today was fine.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Winslow, I've never been able to take anything with pseudoephedrine in it, even before my drug days. I remember when I was in college decades ago, that everyone would buy those white cross speeder pills from gas stations when they needed to cram for exams. So I thought I'd try those pills too. I had a class that I was suppose to go to twice/wk., but never made it to the Thurs morn class once all semester because Wed night was lady's night at the bar we went to...yikes lol. Anyhoo, I took too many white crosses and ended up puking all night long, instead of cramming for my exam. How I passed that class, I'll never know lol. I managed to figure out it was the pseudoephedrine in them ( & in cold medicine ) that I couldn't handle....makes my heart race & makes me super shaky.
I wonder if being sensitive to certain meds is a common denominator among anxious peeps?

Steely, I think acceptance, distraction, sobriety & support are all key to managing anxiety. So, I think you're smack dab on the right track hun. It's funny you brought up the supportive connection we have here at SR, because I was just thinking the same thing before I read your post. And I wanted to thank you guys for being here for me. I don't make friends that easily in person...my fault because I always back away from anyone who starts to get too close. I've never dissected it to find out why, it's always just been because I don't want to, in my head. Which is really weird because I'm a very affable person...the type who makes easy, friendly conversation w/the people in line with me at the grocery store. I've only had 2 close friends in my life....1 died w/her husband in a car accident 25yrs ago & 1 is still my only friend. We go months w/o it talking sometimes, but catch up w/eachother easily every time.
So, I just wanted you guys know how much I appreciate and like you.

Blacky, I know you've been keeping pretty busy, but how have you been feeling?

Hi, Wolfie! How ya doing?

Patricia, Shining & Clean, I miss you.

Astro & D, I appreciate you guys too...always there to keep our butts in line lol & share your infinite wisdom.

Friendly (( Hugs ))

P.S. Winslow, I couldn't figure out what kind of mood I was in today lol, so I listened to Alice in Chains, Beach Boys, Shine Down & Iron Maiden ( my fave ) so far and I'm about to put Kansas in. MUSIC....My fave form of therapy!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I see you posted how you're feeling Blacky & I'm really happy that you're doing so well. I think klonopin has a pretty long half life...something like 50hrs/pill prescribed. That's why it didn't hit you for 3 days.

Peace!
Old 02-25-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm like that too kzaug I only have one friend and two from decades ago whom I see maybe once a year but we always pick up straight from where we left off. Through all of my years of drinking and drugging they have never judged. My friend upstairs is a guitarist and pianist and has taught both but she has this really terrible skin disease which doesn't even have a name and which gets to her fingers making it hard/impossible for her to play. It is a horrible disorder. She is a really good friend and has never judged me. Outside of these people I am afraid of forming close relationships, and don't know that I really want to now. I gave heroin away years ago. Thought I'd throw that in as part of my back story. Have a great day everyone and really appreciate you being 'round.