Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 2

Old 02-26-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
I listened to Alice in Chains, Beach Boys, Shine Down & Iron Maiden ( my fave ) so far and I'm about to put Kansas in. MUSIC....My fave form of therapy!
Excellent playlist, that's some good therapy for sure!
Old 02-26-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I'm like that too kzaug I only have one friend and two from decades ago whom I see maybe once a year but we always pick up straight from where we left off. Through all of my years of drinking and drugging they have never judged. My friend upstairs is a guitarist and pianist and has taught both but she has this really terrible skin disease which doesn't even have a name and which gets to her fingers making it hard/impossible for her to play. It is a horrible disorder. She is a really good friend and has never judged me. Outside of these people I am afraid of forming close relationships, and don't know that I really want to now. I gave heroin away years ago. Thought I'd throw that in as part of my back story. Have a great day everyone and really appreciate you being 'round.

Yea, I'm at a point in my life where I don't really need new friends. I'm married to my best friend...have my long time friend...hang out mostly w/my adult children, who I adore...and have my SR friends to discuss addition with. My life is richly full, I'd say.
Thanks for sharing a bit of your back story. How long were you addicted to heroin, if you don't mind me asking.
When I 1st joined SR, I was so ashamed of being a heroin addict that I referred to it as H a lot of the time. I had joined another addiction site about a week prior to joining SR and was promptly banned for life after 1 post. Apparently, it was against the rules to write heroin, which I found preposterous considering it was an addiction site.
I'm not longer ashamed of being a heroin addict & I don't even regret using heroin because I never thought I had a problem when I was prescribed methadone, norco & klonopin. See, I had always taken medication, as prescribed. My hubs, on the other hand, had a distinct problem with over taking his meds, so he just gave them to me to hang onto. But, just because I took them as prescribed, didn't mean I didn't have a problem, because being on all those drugs changed who I was. They made me "not care." And I never realized that until I got clean & I believe that God guided me through the entire process...reason that things happen.

Winslow and Blacky, how are you guys doing?

Wkend (( Hugs ))
Old 02-26-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I'm doing fine and feel ok.

I also only have a few friends that live across the Country that I talk on the phone with every so often. People I have known for 20 or 30 years that know the real me and I can say anything to.

I installed the sheet rock on my job and will recoat the joints tomorrow and rip up the floor.

Banned from an addiction forum for writing heroin .. ha ha .. probably not funny at the time .. I got banned from a mental health forum for going off saying crazy stuff one time when I was lit up .. then they made jokes at my expense when I could not post anymore in the thread. .. meh ..
Old 02-26-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

You got kicked off a mental health forum for sayin crazy things...I got kicked off a drug forum for sayin heroin...we're just a couple of recovery rejects lol!
Old 02-26-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Ya won't believe it but I got kicked off an anti-depressant web site. I'm glad you said it before me I was too scared to mention in case I looked bad. I really didn't do anything wrong, in fact I was supporting another member and someone didn't like me there and I got the boot. It was really depressing, and I'm a good girl I promise. I used heroin for about two years not long I know but long enough to develop a habit. Had to finish a relationship with the love of my life to get myself out of the fix I was in as he was much more dependent. He was a mad classical guitarist and last I heard he was seen drunk in a gutter somewhere. I've tried to find him for old times sake but to no avail and hope he is still alive. Makes me want to cry.
Home detoxed and started drinking, taking prescription medication, and smoking heaps of dope. And now I'm sober and trying to pull it all together and reckon this time I'm in with a chance. Hope I didn't say anything wrong.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Smile

The recovery rejects that's good .
Old 02-26-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi Steely, Let me start by saying please don't ever be afraid to say the wrong thing. Your thoughts and feelings will always be respected with no judgement on this thread.
Second, I think it's great you got kicked off that other site because it brought you here with us.
Lastly, I'm so very sorry you lost your love to heroin. I was willing to loose mine, as well. I gave him an ultimatum nearly a yr ago now, in April. Get clean or get out. He's my soul mate, but I knew I couldn't live with a heroin addict for the rest of my life. He chose get clean, but it could have easily gone the other way. I know it couldn't have been easy to let him go, but you I think you made the right decision hun.

Big (( Hugs ))
Old 02-26-2016, 10:58 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Smile

Thank you so much kzaug your post really meant a lot. I look back and think how much drugs and alcohol have removed from the lives of so many good people. I thought I might have left my run too late but here I am giving it another shot and this time getting and understanding the benefits and desire to no longer escape. How extraordinary that 3 of us have been given the bum's rush. Oh well, their loss our gain as we got to meet. Thanks again that was really lovely of you and now I can sleep. Gotta stop that thinking that always has me think I'm doing something wrong.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hey all,that's crazy you guys got kicked off other forums,I always thought they only did that when you fight with someone,nothing new to report here,finding certain foods to be anxiety triggers,sugar and doritos so far,weird,will keep eliminating things just to be sure, hope everyone has a great day😊
Old 02-27-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
Going to our grandpa's bday party at Skyzone today! Will check in later! Have a great day! (( Hugs ))
Old 02-27-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great time kzaug
Old 02-27-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

My neighbour just dropped in for a cuppa and good to have a friend. Lazy day today but intend to get a few things done. Beautiful day in Sydney and the sound of a rotary lawn mower outside is somehow hypnotically relaxing. Enjoy Skyzone (?) kzaug and good weekend to all.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Floor is repaired on my job now ..

cut out the damage

new treated wood

I'll be back at it tomorrow, will install new trim for the baseboard and window.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Mate, that's a big job. I think you have more talents than you realise, though probably true of us all, hey? Just wait til I restore my table and little desk we can get a comp running. I'm going to try and work out how to attach photos from my iPad that should keep me occupied for a while. I can do it with standard e-mails but forums are different for some reason I think. I'll give it a go. Hi fellow travellers.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Smile

Kookaburra test.

Can't figure how to attach photo from iPad. Have to ask someone.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Do your best

blacky you are amazing
Old 02-28-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Blacky, you do some really nice work. I'm always impressed when people take the initiative to do whatever it takes to earn a living.

I do side work a couple nights a week and sometimes over the weekends, I take what I can get and squeeze in. Yesterday I installed some opaque window film and hung a TV for a client, it was Murphy's Law for 4 hours. Then I came home and started stripping the finish off our dining room table.

I wish I could rest today.....but I need to start sanding the table.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey all,Blacky,you do good work😊 Astro,I hate starting a project all gung-ho then losing my mojo half way,I'm like that with cleaning and organizing cabinets/closets too,Kzaug,hope you had a fun time yesterday at Skyzone,I've never gone,Steely, hope you're having a nice day,same old,same old here buy that's ok😊
Old 02-28-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
I think my spellcheck changed "grandson" to "grandpa?" Oops! Steely, Skyzone is an indoor trampoline place w/different themed sections. The kids had a blast!

I'm feeling pretty unmotivated today, which is okay since I don't have any commitments today. So I watched the nascar race in Atlanta and my fave driver, Jimmy Johnson won!

Winslow, we'll just to kick you off our thread...then promptly welcome you back w/open arms, so you can be a recovery reject too! Lol!

Blacky, I'm just amazed at your quality of work! I hope you get paid well to commiserate with your skill level.

Hi Wolfie & Astro! I hope you guys are having a great wkend!

(( Hugs )) all!
Old 02-28-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

That made me laugh with the spellcheck going to grandpa kzaug. I'm having trouble getting motivated today too same old same old Winslow as you say. Seems that depression comes and goes so must really force myself to get up and do something constructive, but organising a flat has its limitations let's face it. Then of course there is my book. Nothing really seems to fill the bill. Thanks for reminding me that it's OK to feel this way, down in the dumps. My only saving grace at the moment is the fact that I'm sober and forever grateful. See what the morrow brings. Best to all.