Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Notices

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Old 03-18-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It is wonderful to see you, Puffy!
Old 03-18-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Cow Had a read through your thread. I'm a newbie- ish. Call me a calf! Been sober since 4th January and things are going ok ..so far, so good. Made a lot of changes to my life to get to this point. Some really big changes. Sold everything - house, car, left work and bought an old house that we have renovated and opted for a less stressful life. I noticed in one of your earlier posts you talked about sleep hygiene and food hygiene (I think you called it). I have got the sleep hygiene bit as now I have given up the "sauce" I go to bed showered and scrubbed with clean pj's and brushed teeth. Have an infuser at the side of the bed with lavender oil and I listen to 432Hz healing frequency which, to be honest now, I sleep like a snuggled baby! I cannot believe how much my body must have been craving a decent nights sleep. So my question. The food hygiene bit? How would you best describe that..I do eat reasonably well but crikey I am eating for the equivalent of a small heffer. I need to lose around 45lbs (let me be clear I havent lost a bag of Dorritos anywhere on my person and I am SURE about that!) If I needed an ambulance they wouldnt need to remove a wall or hoist me out with a helicopter but I could do with losing 3 dress sizes...figured now I have got this sleep hygiene licked you may have a tip about the food one. Or just superglue my mouth shut. (I did think maybe instead of the 432Hz healing I should do a meditation on a virtual gastric band. Problem with this is I am asleep before they would get to the Your stomach is the size of an egg cup" bit..
Old 03-18-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Aussie! Liza! Puff! Yay! I total gonna need some updates from you guys. It is call a "salon" you know, which mean everybody have to contribute and give Cow copious update!

Ah, no worry, Puff. I never can figure out how to work the youtubes and graphics either. Very frustrating when you spend bunch of time wishing to share and then...

Anyways, what song was it? Is good to see you too, dear Puff. Why you up at 2AM? Is you also needing the sleep hygiene!

(Okay.... it freaking me out that I has say "hygiene" like 5 time now and lenina still not show up. I thought would be like saying "Beetlejuice!" I think for sure she be talking about fresh laundered sheets by now.)

Drops, feel free to vent about you other issues, if it help ...and plus also I total nosy. Is hard to ignore thoughts and feelings when they distressing. Is like to have crying baby or toddler tantrum in your head. You want to quiet and soothe, but you has to be adult and not just give what it wants or shove treat in its face, you have be adult and make proper healthy decision for those monsters...I mean childrens.

HAHA! Welcome soberista! I enjoy you posting. Good on you for choose less stressful life. Is still work in progress, but I can tell you of my food hygiene. Will has to be little bit later though, as right now I has to go put morning sun in my eyes and eat breaky!
Old 03-18-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Drops and Gilmer!
Cow, the song was “Good to See You” . I’ve been working long crazy hours Sinai was still too wound up to go to sleep.
I’ve had a lot of good changes in my life. My husband has been sober for over a year now so life has been less stressful. I moved last summer and it was a great change of pace and surroundings. We needed a refreshed start and not to be surrounded by old haunts. At work, I changed jobs to a position that is less demanding but pays a little more and so far it has been great except some coworkers expect me to perform my old duties too which isn’t my responsibility anymore. Not sure how to handle that yet without looking like a jerk. I want to do everything to help but at the same time I want to be able to perform my new role without burden. It is too much to do both. I will let you know how this plays out. Anyhow, good to be back. Puffy
Old 03-18-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...1&d=1521386491
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Louie.jpg (90.8 KB, 237 views)
Old 03-18-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

thanks for guiding me down the techie-road to post this.
yes, she is beautiful. and obstinate. two and a half, so has had a looong time to get some very badly ingrained habits nicely stuck!
i'm busy

it is so great to see "old" people show up on this thread and greet new ones....hello to all...Cow, you are a magnet!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Cow, here Is a little update. Things aren’t going very well, I am sorry to say.
I don’t know if you remember but we lost our oldest Son to esophageal
cancer three years ago; he was 45. That nearly killed me. He was so brave and fought so hard. It was so horrible at the end, and there are days I can’t get that out of my head.
On top of that, our youngest who was basically running our business now that we are getting on up there in years, is in a residential rehab center for six months. It turns out he is addicted to alcohol and Xanax.
We had some terrible situations with him. His wife just couldn’t take anymore and left...taking our two Grandaughters to stay with her sister
for a while. Called me and said you better come and get him; he should not be on his own or drive.
If that wasn’t bad enough, has has hidden problems with the business from us. My poor Husband is trying to sort it all out, and his health is not great and all of this heartache and pressure is very hard to handle.
We are beyond hurt and devastated. We are worried about losing the only asset we have left.
Nothing to look forward to anymore.
I am so glad you are back, and that you seem to have a handle on things.
I’m sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but you asked.....
Croutie
Old 03-18-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

(((((Croutie)))))
Old 03-18-2018, 11:50 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Oh Croutie, no! Jesus God. This life sometimes. Make me want to punch it in the face. I hope you able to find some help for you business and you son come through rehab okay. Oh kitten, you must feel so low right now. I donate any good karmas I have to you for some bright spot to happen. And you not a downer, just our dear Croutie. Please stay close by so we can love on you, okay?

Thanks fini, is nice to meet Louie The Obstinate.

Soberista, by meal hygiene I mean, proper regimen of healthful meals instead of just wing it everyday. I highly reactive to many food, and prone to low blood sugars, so I trying to find which foods is "safe" for me and eat at regular time whether I feel like it or no. Is very much work in progress. I have also extra pounds to lose, but think maybe is too much to worry about right now. I have notice I am WAY more hungry since sleep hygience practice, so I wonder what that about. Maybe body want more nutrient cuz it finally able to do some repairs at night or something. Anyways, is still developing. What is you food experience at this time?
Old 03-18-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Such a long story that would take me some time to tell. In a nutshell.... My mother was a narcissist so mother/daughter nurturing issues. I was involved in an accident when i was 7 which involved me puncturing my eye with a piece of wire. Mum was having a party and wasnt prepared to miss it so she took me with her and i sat in a dark cupboard all night in horrendous pain. It was only discovered some 6 months later that my eye was seriously damaged and i am.now blind in that eye. I went from a skinny little girl to quite a chunky bum through comfort eating. I stopped smoking some 5 years ago. Found that a hard beast to beat but eventually the cravings subsided and i no longer have any desire to smoke. I think the hand to mouth gesture (smoking, drinking, eating) is a self nurturing "thing" i do. Used to be a thumb sucker as a kid and, at times, into early adulthood when feeling stressed. I think giving up smoking made my drinking worse and now i think giving up drinking has made my eating the only self nurturing habit i have left. And i do think its a habit now this hand to mouth thing. When i was drinking i didnt eat as much as i am now but drank like a fish (and a darn big fish at that!). I believe if i can get a grip of this food part i will be very much happier. The 45lbs ive gained have left me feeling less confident and not as socially interactive as i used to be. I feel the AV is now a FV (food voice!!) and i wonder if having some mealtime hygiene is the way for me to gain some control. In a way its a hard beast as its not all or nothing, i must eat. Just need to make it sensible and healthy and not feel like im constantly grazing. Typing this on my phone so difficult to read back but hope that makes sense.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Aussie! Liza! Puff! Yay! I total gonna need some updates from you guys. It is call a "salon" you know, which mean everybody have to contribute and give Cow copious update!

I am back on day 5 after reaching nearly 10 months, which was a record for me . I have 3 family members with serious health problems all at once and financial problems at the same time , I just felt like I couldn't take any more and put myself into a drunken coma for about 6 weeks , people are going to say I was just making excuses to drink but I didn't care I just let myself go for it. My problems are still there but I am having another go at staying sober.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:07 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

((((((Soberista))))))
Old 03-18-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Croutie, no other way to say it -- that just s*cks, I am so sorry you are having to go through this, I am thinking good thoughts for you and your family. You too nice for all that noise.

Soberista, so glad to see you are still rocking this sober thing. I am going to get one of those sleep things. Re food hygiene, if you can do it, and it aint easy, but I feel great if I do Whole 30, check it out. Not for wimps but we are not wimps...A tad crazy perhaps but not wimps.

Pufs, so glad things looking up -- you deserve that (know not PC to say that we "deserve" things, but this here is the pasture).

Aussieblue, I know how you feel -- we all do. Let us help if we can.

Fini -- your new guy is adorable, thanks for making me smile.

How is your weekend going Cow and cow friends? I just had a nice dinner with my dude and my children, so that was good. I do hate to miss March madness (downside of being in the Belgian part of the pasture), but let us all just say that if UMBC can beat Virginia, we got this.

XXX
Old 03-18-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Dear Aussie, thank you for you honesty. Total understand the want to "check out" of life for a spell. Just couple month ago I SUPER depress, total anhedonic, in my tar pit trap, and I end up on a run with my coffee/booze routine. I remember telling therapist: "I just wanted a day off!" (okay was more like week) Of course, we know this is no answer to anything, and only gonna reinforce that THIS is way we cope when circumstance get untenable. And plus also, the damage it do to us not really worth the relief, cuz it only fake relief. Real life still there in background, just waiting to pounce on you soon as you sober up. I hope we can provide support for you to get some traction. You keepa go.

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
eating the only self nurturing habit i have left.
Soberista, also I have serious momma (and papa) issue. I start my addict life with every eating disorder known, and plus also I think I make up a few new one. Every time I has quit with drink first thing to happen is eating disorders rear up. My addiction just make a lateral move. Is very real thing and I sorry you also having this experience. I think meal hygiene gonna be important for both of us. And maybe other. So let us work on this okay?

Drops, yes, in this pasture, you say whatever in hell you want, sista.*
*Provided mods not take exception cuz then you on you own and I total disavow all knowledge of you.

MAY I SAY, you guys sharing make me weep. For the sad, but also for the happy. And all those in between. It make me feel close to you chuckleheads, and I appreciate that and very glad we get the band back together!
Old 03-18-2018, 04:57 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Cow!! I am so glad you're back. We need your honesty and insight. Both you and (oh great I can't remember his name but I'll never forget him, his story and his drive) I want to say Robby? Rocket? were big presences here when I first started to read. Love that you have started this round up, I appreciate every one sharing their updates, good and bad, painful and hopeful. I am doing well. I had three and a half years and then did some slip sliding away for a year and a half but am back at three months and the thought of booze turns my stomach. Welcome back!
Old 03-18-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Probably you are thinking of Robbie Robot.

His “Authenticity” threads are featured in the “Best of SR” forum.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
orangutan

[QUOTE=Cow;6827644]Dear Aussie, thank you for you honesty. Total understand the want to "check out" of life for a spell. Just couple month ago I SUPER depress, total anhedonic, in my tar pit trap, and I end up on a run with my coffee/booze routine. I remember telling therapist: "I just wanted a day off!" (okay was more like week) Of course, we know this is no answer to anything, and only gonna reinforce that THIS is way we cope when circumstance get untenable. And plus also, the damage it do to us not really worth the relief, cuz it only fake relief. Real life still there in background, just waiting to pounce on you soon as you sober up. I hope we can provide support for you to get some traction. You keepa go.

Thanks Cow , that's the thing about this site , everyone here understands addiction. I am not good with therapy I don't do face to face comfortably so SR has given me a place to let it out.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hey Cow, do you ever hear from Sleepie? Just wondering...
Old 03-18-2018, 07:41 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

just wow to all ploughing through so much. it seems unbelievable that so many of us have so much thrown at us....or maybe that goes on all the time and most of us don't talk about it.
so grateful to everyone here for showing up for each other.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:04 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Cow...Im sorry to hear you had momma and papa issues too. They have a lot to answer for huh! Well they laid down the software for this machine and I am now trying to install the Human10 Pro version but it keeps crashing.

My addiction just make a lateral move.

Ain't that the truth. And looking back it has just done that from very early on...replaced one thing with the next and so on. I have slept on that thought and decided today I shall look into the Whole30/paleo eating plan and attempt to get some of this food hygiene going in my life. Will keep you posted. Have a good day. Over and out.