Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Notices

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Old 03-21-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose View Post
Youse guys are making it hard for me to maintain my lurking status
Yes, yes Ms. Rose, you is no longer wish to be lurker, you wish to converse and engage and perhaps even pontificate on occassion. Yes, and when you does so, you feel awake and refresh, okay. Good, yesssss.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
spiral.jpg (10.2 KB, 213 views)
Old 03-21-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose View Post
1) accepting that one drink will ruin the rest of my life.
2) willing to be uncomfortable and experience pain.
3) believing that everything, no matter how bad, no matter how good,
But serious, #2 my downfall. Is always not that I craving to use, but that I not can stand discomfort of dysphoria. I know is way to escape and is very very hard not to take it. I needing to get more miltant about this, but not know how. It still come down to fisticuffs with self every damn time.

Hi Sunshine, last I chat with her, Sleepie had job and new doggie and was well. She not gonna be back to SR.

Liza, boy troubles? Cow is listening.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Moo,

You and me both.

I think they call it "emotional resilience" and I think I was checking out the comic books when they passed it out.

I realised that lots of things make me anxious (like doing sh*t) -- they say fear, but I think its really more anxiety in my case. And when the anxiety comes, Drops goes.

But the real stupid bit is that then when I actually do the thing, my anxiety is OTT cause I waited too late etc.

I think its a kind of addiction to self harm at the end of the day, but I gonna crack it.

So glad to hear that Sleeps is doing well, I miss her. Give her a big smooch from Drops.

I saw turtle here a while back so got my fingers crossed that the pasture will be too hard to resist.

XXX
Old 03-21-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Anxiety is terrible. I believe some of us are wired differently and it’s harder to get a handle on the feeling. I think it feeds on itself too. I really recommend an echocardiogram to rule out mitrial valve prolapse. It’s very common in women particularly and causes a feeling like a panic attack. So, of course, we panic. I believe it sets off a chain reaction. It did in me. The doctors say it’s harmless, I believe that too, but it feels so catastrophic! Tranquilizers, sedatives are not the best solution, I think. Seems they make it worse in the long run.

I take a tiny dose of a beta blocker, atenolol, and it changed my life. Also, the regular meditation/self hypnosis works too. Learning to self sooth.

Adding artificial substances to our bodies upset it. Our food is so polluted for profits, it’s best, I believe, to eat and drink as organically as possible. It’s tricky.

Also, as has been mentioned, keeping as regular a daily schedule as is possible is important. Get up at the same time, eat meals at the same time, small meals, have protein snacks between if needed. Go to bed at the same time. Have a bedtime routine. Now here comes the dreaded hygiene bit! It’s been helping me to have Epsom salt soaks in the evening, warm bath fir at least 20 minutes. It takes that long to get the magnesium through your skin. I have been listening to lectures on You Tube. If you don’t have a tub, just soaking your feet in the Epsom salts for twenty minutes will get the magnesium in!

Well, darlings, I must get my day started. I’ll check in later.

Much love from LeeJ. L Jo is ok too. Just no L Ho, ok?

It’s raining here to beat the band. I have appointments related to beauty maintenance that cannot be rescheduled. I must see to them!

My creepy landlord is lurking. This makes me nervous.

I hope you all stay safe and warm in this weather.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:39 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
under new management

I will go with LeeJ, L Jo is just too close for comfort to L Ho

LeeJ, thanks for the input about the Epsom and Mag oil. I am going to try the epsom salt foot soak or the magnesium oil. I will report back once I get started but I am slow to get to things, so....
Old 03-21-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
under new management

And, yes, #2 is a tough one.

I guess it ties into #1 acceptance. It made a difference for me to accept that there will always be times of pain and difficulty. I don't like them, but they haven't killed me. (yet )

Truth be told, I still find ways to avoid, shopping comes to mind.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Yes, yes Ms. Rose, you is no longer wish to be lurker, you wish to converse and engage and perhaps even pontificate on occassion. Yes, and when you does so, you feel awake and refresh, okay. Good, yesssss.......
Cow, look what you have done......
Old 03-21-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I hvave a big bag of epsom salts too, I shall try that.

Yes, boy troubles. My off/on boyfriend is too much of a mind bender. He's a bad Katy Perry song. I told him last night over text I needed time to myself, I was going to block his number for my own sanity, I still love him blah blah blah bs
Should not be so complicated. Of course I try all day long not to text him and so I text my other friend who is a boy who is very sweet and helpful with my man troubles instead. He gave me some clarity so I stayed strong and did not text M. Of course, I think about M ALL day. I have been having extremely vivid dreams about him,, which just drives me crazy. I don't get a reprieve ffrom thoughts of him.

I am assuming that these vivd dreams I am having not just about him but hashing and rehashing life events of late are because I've stopped taking my sleeping pills and I am still taking my wellbutrin.
I get a good amount of hours of sleep but very poor quality sleep.

And man troubles make me so grumpy. I just want to stay single and mingle in the green pastures. I need hole in head sooner than another male problem.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I cannot figure out if I am ok tonight or not. Mostly, I think, not.
Ok, but not. Does that make sense?

Meh. Not much make sense in wrong pasture.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:39 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Deliz, what’s up?
Old 03-22-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Deliz,

Can we help?

XX
Old 03-22-2018, 06:19 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Codie problems?

I can't take care of messed up people if I too messed up myself.

I am ok thanks loves
Old 03-22-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

C'mere you...great big GREAT BIG hug
Old 03-22-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Trach!!!
Old 03-22-2018, 07:16 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The hug was for you Deliza
Old 03-22-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

That's it.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

(((((Trach))))). So good to see you!

(Did you bring the pots and pans?)

Love from Lenina
Old 03-22-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Thank you Trach. From the bottoms of my heart. You are missed

I have the beginnings of a migraine. It's like a knife slicing down one side of my face. Sometimes I recognize the signs but other times I don't. I have had some photophobia and nausea and weird moods. I often get orbs of purple and green spots which is my biggest indicator. I have had a few but dismissed them because they don't always indicate a migraine.

I don't man problem well, especially in times like dealing with migraine (or female problems if you kwim)
I took a very sezzy pic of myself at work at work and sent it off to my fave peoples by text and also to my manproblem. I am horrible person! I figured it was better than a stupid pathetic codie type text. Said "hi from work"
I have his number blocked so only I can send him texts, unless he's blocked me.
Whatever. lol I am somewhat bad inside. It give me giggles though. I still got it. He don't though! lolol
Handling better. Now I know what's going on. I can deal. Maybe I post the pic. I like my job. It's a great place so far.

Having good people in my corner, when I remember I have good people in my corner, is such a blessing. Makes me less crazy. And I am pretty crazy. I send my coworker, say here is a picture of my pussay. It was a picture of my adorable cat boyfriend Garfield. I am truly, awfully, guttered inside I don't mind though makes life interesting hahah thankfully I suss out the ones who can handle me. lol

Sorry if I offend anyone. I start off like a dirty dish and end up like a sparkly unicorn. Or something.

https://youtu.be/KlEovr29KBU">https://youtu.be/KlEovr29KBU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Please delete if inappropriate. Do not watch if you are not having a ridiculous sense of humour, at work or around children. Or do, I don't know.
Anywho. I may be banned, sorry. lol
Old 03-22-2018, 09:04 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

It no work for me. I am challenged technoligaclly .
ANd spelling.
Giving up, just youtube squatty potty if you enjoy the thought of unicorn poop. It is so funny.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:57 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Trach,

You make my day, my week and even my year!!

D,

You gotta treat that guy like we all need to treat booze -- over and out. I know its easier said that done, but just saying. Block everything. Move on.

XX