Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Notices

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Old 03-19-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I have some thoughts on this lateral moving -- I think for most of us its all the same thing, and until we get a handle on what that thing is for us (not the same for everyone), the sh*t storm keep coming.

That is why I think the steps work for so many -- while I don't agree with a lot of the details, the dudes had the fundamentals right. You gotta accept the problem, its impact on you and others, and other ways that it manifests itself, before you can move on.

For me, not so biggie where exactly it came from, more about rooting the title sh*thead out in all its nooks and crannies and telling her, not me, not anymore.

Sound tougher than I am, but you get it.

XX
Old 03-19-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by fini View Post
just wow to all ploughing through so much. it seems unbelievable that so many of us have so much thrown at us....or maybe that goes on all the time and most of us don't talk about it.
so grateful to everyone here for showing up for each other.
Ah, me too, fini, me too.

Drops, anybody that come out other side of this sh*t is damn tough, in my book.

Soberista, let us know how it going. I never done Whole 30, but pretty much eat paleo, excepting, of course, for I love milks and cheeses. Okay and some grains.

Hi Birdie, how are you going? Yes, Robot an extraordinary man. When I ready, I gonna go back to read all of it again.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

"but pretty much eat paleo, excepting, of course, for I love milks and cheeses. Okay and some grains."

Right now you are clearly a cow after my own heart... I love milk and cheese and well, you know, a piece of cheese on a nice slice of bread? Huh who could say no!!

Today I have looked at both Whole30 and paleo and I like the idea of them both. I tried paleo a while ago and it did agree with me (and I dont think grains do agree with me but my brain disagrees with that 100% and says "Boy you love em grains Soberista and hey! why not now you've packed in the fags and the booze Jeez!! You gonna pack in the grains too?? and the dairy??

So i think my FV has just picked up the reins from the AV and I have thought about this a lot today. Earlier I did think well its easy. Ask myself "Am i hungry?" If not...its the FV in charge. Which is great hey..if only it was that simple. (well it is that simple but..)

Somebody in another thread said it felt like the had an empty whole that they kept trying to fill and another poster had said the spelling mistake of hole had actually made some quirky sense. They said it much better than me but I know what I mean and am rambling on about.

I did try the whole VLCD journey at one point. No food to think about just shakes but that well doesnt fit what I am trying to achieve now. I want balance. Some sense of calm around eating. And i recognize the same "thing" that happens with food that happened with drinking. I dont have an off switch which i think is why the VLCD thing worked for a while because, in one way, youre not even really flicking the switch just drinking a shake. When I introduce food...BAM!! Lets go. Same with alcohol. Thank the lord I am not a sugar burger freak or I would end up like 700lb woman who gets air lifted to hospital with a bag of Dorritos swinging from her Knicker elastic.

So there you go Cow. Not a lot of insight today.

Over and out.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hi Moo and all.

Have you ever tried intermittent fasting ? I'm experimenting with it and really enjoying the results. After decades of hearing about how you have to eat every 2-3 hours or everything in your life will fall apart and you will get fatty fat faster than a horse heading for the barn, its sooooo liberating to NOT have to eat for 16-18 hours a day.

Two healthy meals (lunch and dinner)- sometimes not so healthy but heading in the right direction, and boom DONE.

I feel SO much more in control of, well, everything. I'm starting to think its playing a integral part of helping me stay away from the malbec/zin dins.

XO AO
Old 03-19-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Well well well, look what the cow drag in. Hi AO! I not can do the intermittent fasts cuz of low blood sugar. Wish I could. Maybe some day. Of course ancient human not stuffing they pie hole every 3 hour, but they was very few Malbec riddled bodies back then. I think is sound way to eat though, back by quite lot of research.

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Somebody in another thread said it felt like the had an empty whole that they kept trying to fill and another poster had said the spelling mistake of hole had actually made some quirky sense. They said it much better than me but I know what I mean and am rambling on about.

I did try the whole VLCD journey at one point. No food to think about just shakes but that well doesnt fit what I am trying to achieve now. I want balance. Some sense of calm around eating. And i recognize the same "thing" that happens with food that happened with drinking.
Okay you does know that couple page back on this very thread, right?

Total understand. I also get "high" from foods/eating and use eating to check out or soothe bad mood or boredom. Eating my first addiction to deal with parental abuses, and is very deeply ingrain. That why I think I has to put self on a regimen, military like. Take reward total out of it for while and just make focus nutrition and health.

I just watch other episode of "My 600lb Life" yesterday. They all fail until such time as they surrender to fact that they has to give up food as comfort or enjoyment and stick to plan.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Darling Cow! ‘Tis I, your Crazy Ass Lenina. I’ve heard you’re back in the pasture! I’m still visiting my home planet and having passport problems!

Be back later to catch up!

Much love from Lenina
Old 03-19-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

... ... I knew it!

Okay, please hurry cuz how I suppose to know what going on with the moon and such. ~Luv, Moo
Old 03-19-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
under new management

When I first landed at SR, it was to Robby Robots thread, and also my first glimpse of you, Cow

Perusing Robby's thread confirmed to me that this website was the real deal.

I am enjoying seeing all the familiar names popping up here

PS my update; just passed 3 yrs sober, still in codie recovery but peacefully cohabitating with my AH, much to his relief
Old 03-19-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Lenina, what you doing changing your name, you know I am not good with change.

But I digress -- what is up with the planets??

So good to "see" everyone. Love this hood.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Well, the Astrology ain’t pretty. Jupiter is retrograde. Lots of spatting and anger. I’ll write more when I get home later this evening.

Trying to get my name back! I guess the Customs and Border Control is being more pick about who they let in on this Rock.

Xolove you all! LeninaJo
Old 03-19-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

My lateral move was eating too soberista.
I think Whole 30 is a great way to clear and reset digestive.
Think I'll join you.

Beyond that, I also suffer from anhedonia for quite a long time due to
burn out caregiving of my alcoholic, very nasty-when-drunk mother
and then my own continuing issues after that with drink myself.
"Relapsing to feel" is also an on-going problem I have and need to resolve.

The old (and new) folks here, with our hoofed hostess, are the only folks
I feel I can be open and understood about this stuff.

Glad the salon has re-opened
Old 03-19-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeeJo View Post
Darling Cow! ‘Tis I, your Crazy Ass Lenina. I’ve heard you’re back in the pasture! I’m still visiting my home planet and having passport problems!

Be back later to catch up!

Much love from Lenina
I was just thinking about you, yesterday!!!!!

So good to hear from you! Wow.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

LeeLeeLenia! There you be!

Crone motel will be open for beeswax sooner than later now
Old 03-19-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose View Post
PS my update; just passed 3 yrs sober, still in codie recovery but peacefully cohabitating with my AH, much to his relief
Hello Ms. Rose, good on you 3 yrs! ...okay, what is codie and "AH" if you please?

Hi Hawk! Crone motel is booking up!

Hi Soberly, how is you going?

Um, LeeJo, yeah, when you get back to planet earth, we gonna need some serious updating from you girl, okay?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

sh*t -- not that retrograde Jupiter again, last time that was not pretty. XX
Old 03-19-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

And on top of the Jovian retrograde we have that bad boy mercury back tracking on us as well. Just in time too, my husband tells me I have Jury Summons waiting for me at home. Couldn’t come at a better time. But this is turning into a hairball but fast. I just know this is going to go bad pronto.

Yes, let’s do open the doors and windows, air out that Crone motel and set up house. We will need a cook. Any ideas??

So good to see everyone gathered. I’ll check the alignments. We may need to hunker down for a while. I just heard (don’t know for sure) that Aries jas t
Old 03-19-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

... ... dammit, she speaking in her alien languages again!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

trach said he'd cook

TRACH!!! Where you be?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
... ... dammit, she speaking in her alien languages again!
Well, she hasn't said clean sheets or showers once, so count your damn blessings
Old 03-19-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Well, she hasn't said clean sheets or showers once, so count your damn blessings
I was saving that chat for after dinner......