Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Notices

Babble On - Cow's Straight Talkin' Salon - Everybody Welcome

Old 03-19-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Noooooooo!
Old 03-19-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Hello Ms. Rose, good on you 3 yrs! ...okay, what is codie and "AH" if you please?
Codie is code for co-dependant and AH is my Alcoholic Husband. It took me the better part of my first 2 years sober to get that I wasn't the boss of him. I stopped trying to run his life and started staying in my own hula hoop and my life has way less stress in it now.

Huh, who knew it is fruitless to try to control another adult's life

AH is a quiet, keep to himself, kind of drinker. So, there is no violence, no abuse, no financial ruin. Not to make excuses for him. Just the way it is.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I'm so glad your back Cow. I'm going to have to catch up with you later. Not much new to report from me. I'm still having trouble with the sugar but other than that all is well.

xoxo
Old 03-19-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Where the hell is Turtle??!!
Old 03-19-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Yes, we need someone rattling those pots and pans.

Tur-TLE! Come out from your shell! I need help getting our Cow spiffed up. And those sheets! Fresh sheets and a nice, fluffy duvet! With a whisper of lavender to sooth the soul.

You guys missed my Mark Lindsay obsession.

Love from LeeJo
Old 03-19-2018, 07:22 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

2ndhandrose, way to go on three years! wishing you many more
Old 03-19-2018, 09:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I always think of Lenina when I change my bedding I have been having alot of night sweats lately and don't know why. It's gross. Wake up drenched. Don't know why. my mom said she was perimenopausal at my age this started for her.Not enjoyable to wake up soaked and freezing.
You funny folk. Super relatable. Oh so funny.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Cow nice to meet you! Love your posts, I actually had to look up the word anhedonic and found it quite fitting for myself also at times. But the underlying humor and optimism in your writing comes through strongly too!

Originally Posted by LeeJo View Post
Well, the Astrology ain’t pretty. Jupiter is retrograde. Lots of spatting and anger. I’ll write more when I get home later this evening.

Trying to get my name back! I guess the Customs and Border Control is being more pick about who they let in on this Rock.

Xolove you all! LeninaJo
Omggg someone else here who is into astrology! It's probably my higher power (literally) if I had to choose one, not sure it will restore me to sanity but that's ok
Old 03-20-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Rose, three years is amazing! Great job!

What are three things from the three years you would suggest for the rest of us
that have helped you get and maintain your sobriety for that long?

Inquiring minds would love to know. . .
Old 03-20-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Delizadee, this might help you. Get a couple of those 16oz water bottles, fill them with water and freeze them. At bedtime, put one on your night table. When the flash starts to wake, grab the bottle and hold to to your chest. It helped me to stop the run away sweats, the bed did not get as soaked and I could go back to sleep sometimes. You might keep a fresh, cotton gown within reach so you can change out quickly and get back to sleep.

I was unable to manage these flashes without HRT and to this very day have flashes. They aren’t as bad, but until I got the patches, my brain was under water from lack of restorative sleep.

Cosima, nice to meet you! Astrology is an interest of mine and has been for many years. It’s interesting to see how things play out. I’m double Cancer Aquarius moon so you know how spun I am. I also study dreams, it’s so interesting to me how our brains work. Our subconscious picks up on so much our Self might not acknowledge.

Hope everyone is well this morning? I actually slept. So good to be home!

Much love from Lenina
Old 03-20-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Oh dear, congrats on the three years, Rose!

I had my tenth year last December, it’s not my first ten years though. Just so we know sobriety is very precious and we must not take it for granted. It does take a daily appreciation and maintenance. Also, 7 years of smoke free! So grateful that one is down!

I may go back to sleep, I’m so tired from a heinous work week.

Xoxo
Old 03-20-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Great on you Rose!!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hi Cos, welcome and thank you for kind words. How, um, super total wonderful that we now have second moon child with us for to discuss ad naseum the gyrations of the celestial rocks and such. *cough* Please give little update on you self, okay?

Liza, sweats is the worst. I still got them but no so much at night, thank god. I get them during day, when I can rip off clothings Hulk style when needed.

Thank you Ms. Rose. Hawk ask good question!

Srun!!! OMG! We going deep into Pasture Catalog now. I so glad to see you! I gonna need little bit more elaborate update than sugar though, lady! Although I does feel for you sweets problem.

Myself, yesterday I turn down chocolate layer cake with chocolate buttercream. Neighbor was all ready to bring slice over. I still thinking about it. So good. But just last year my relapse after 6 week off booze and benzo was derail by one bite of cake. Lit my brain up like line of meth. Oh hello dopamine receptors! You like that, does you?! It make you happy?!! Oh right, and you like other stuff too.....and straight back to hell!

LJo, you doing very well also, good on you. What going on with you name, how you lose it?
Old 03-20-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Cow, I’m not exactly sure what happened. I had an email hacked and had to change email addresses which was a huge pain in the backside. Also I lost my list of passwords, maybe because my employer made lots of changes and now I have so many passwords and ones that change every 15 Days! How can I remember this? I have like six passwords and multiple numeric codes that change randomly.

Anyway, I cannot seem to get my name back at SR. Mostly because I’m tech idiot and have a form of dyslexia that is really bad with numbers. Still hoping I can make it happen.

Do not be so quick to scoff the work of nature! If the moon can change and control the tides, and we are all only Stardust anyway.....so of course it all makes sense. Like, right now my body is in pain. Yes, I’m old and beat up. But the weather and barometric pressure affects my body. I can mitigate it some with diet and staying warm.

I’m so glad you’re back among us. I hope together we can help each other stay on our sober and sane (as sane as we can manage by our broad definitions) . The meditation and self hypnosis helps me. Magnesium oil is helping too.

Most of us have a magnesium deficiency and taking magnesium tablets or powders orally can upset our bowels. It’s best to get the magnesium through the skin. Epsom salt baths are very helpful for sleep and relaxation. The oil, which is a spray on (not much scent) is great at bedtime. Good for help with sleep. It tingles the skin but that passes very quickly, like seconds. The oil can be ordered online, some health food stores/vitamin shops have it. Worth checking out, I think. Of course always check with your doctors first.

I’m staying home in bed today with my heat pads and resting. Tomorrow I’ll do my errands.

Love from me
Old 03-20-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Rose, three years is amazing! Great job!

What are three things from the three years you would suggest for the rest of us
that have helped you get and maintain your sobriety for that long?

Inquiring minds would love to know. . .
My, my, I am sitting here blushing from all the attention

1) accepting that one drink will ruin the rest of my life.
2) willing to be uncomfortable and experience pain.
3) believing that everything, no matter how bad, no matter how good, will be better without alcohol.

Youse guys are making it hard for me to maintain my lurking status

Old 03-20-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Rose!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I get involved with men. Why? I say men I mean one in particular.
He frustrates the ever living hell out of me.
He's like the Katy Perry song, you're hot then you're cold.
Men. Me.

Oh, that sounds like me at night time too.

Thanks for the tips Lenina. Cow, haha the hulk. That is awesome.
Last night I was so hot, I was overheating and NOT sweating, had to turn on the fan... it's snowing outside. I think my internal thermostat is broken. I spend all day long absolutely freezing.

Congrats on 3 years Rose!!

Cow, I understand how the one bite of cake totally derailed you.
My eating situation is dicey at best. I tend to get derailed by one thing or the other too.

I is so ferusssterated today.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Pastafarian

Don't forget about exercise. I mean eating right, sleeping, not drinking, all these things are good. And I do understand that some people just cannot exercise. For me though, exercise and lots of it, helps with sleeping and not drinking. I don't even eat all that healthy but I think that my level of exercise some what makes up for the fact that I don't eat healthy as much as I should.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:20 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

So glad to have you back, Cow. What about sleepie? Any news? Is she okay?
Old 03-21-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

LJ, you always have such good positive advice -- I love that. I am going to go back on magnesium.

Cow -- that is so tough sh*t that even bite of cake sends your dopamine for a loop. I knew about the coffee, but sugar too. Wow. Respect.

Rosie -- love the three tips, I still got trouble with "2) willing to be uncomfortable and experience pain" in other areas of my life, but working on it."

XXX