Notices

lost my job not gonna drink

Old 03-23-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

That post sounds pretty recovered to me.

I think it says a lot about you that your boss was so upset. You'll get glowing references from him - and that's important.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah some of the bad decisions from management are haunting them now. lots of problems now from the layoffs and the one guy taking over some of my stuff is asking how i this and how i that. I'm like man i'm sorry but theres no way i can stuff 12 years of having done this day in and day out into your brain in just 5 more days I"m like your just gonna have to jump in the cold water here and figure it out not much more i can tell you.

Then i told the other guy if you guys are having so much trouble perhaps raise these questions to the person who decided it was a great idea to toss me out the door. He starts telling me who it was etc.. I'm like welp maybe direct your issues to him. I'm not sure what else to tell you guys at this point.

Its sad these poor guys are taking on more and more work. for the same pay and all the while have the looming threat of being laid off as well and are being asked ot put out all the fires from these poor decisions.

I'm kinda glad to be walking out the door with a severence while they can still afford to pay them.

Tho it stung pretty bad when i learned yest that its taxed at 25% that just made my nuece a whole lot tighter.

But i'll figure this out.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
zjw

sometimes this reminds me of early sobriety when i'd be so thankful for fleeting moments of happiness. But i wont lie i've been in a good mood the past 2 days. I think waking up and making the kids breakfast goes a long way.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
zjw

welp I got an interview lined up next week. I hope there clear that i'd have to work remote as the job is not anywhere near me. I did mention that to them over the phone today.

the job description is vague that being said its been posted for a while and the skills there looking for are ones i got but most like me would even wanna touch this job. Me? i need to eat so whatever. The pay is probably gonna be considerably less then i was making. But I dont really care if it slows down the bleed i got going right now and keeps me from working something with a commute for less money then hey why not cant be to bad.

besides if anything it'll help me brush up on my interview skills.

But i'm not over here thinking this is gonna be some kidna solution to my woes. the job hunt will probably still have to go on regardless of the outcome.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
zjw

well guys I dunno what to think i'm gonna put this out there. I got an interview tommorrow at one place. I'll be 100% honest i dont want the damn job. it doesnt excite me one bit. The pay wont be what i made before and quite frankly i dont wanna do it.

But i'm trying to remian positive for starters i need the income secondly maybe they will let me work remote since its in another state and yet they still wanna speak with me. This doesnt mean i really wanna do the job or that its going to solve the financial mess i got going down now.

Now i got another interview next week. GREAT News right? well yeah sure but its working with a technology thats like not used anywhere and wont do squat for my career. and comes with a commute. But again remain positive maybe its a good job who knows and the pay wont be what i made before but again at least it would be a paycheck till i figure something else out maybe right> look on the bright side.

Looking on the bright side is the only way i'm keeping my chin up.

top that off this morning a customer of mine calls me i do some side work for them hardly any income off it but they are going with someone else. So i'm liek great another slap in the face. But i'm remaining positive. I didnt question why they are doing this. I'd be lieing if i said i didnt care but i kinda dont and just shrugged and thoought well one less thing i gotta concern myself with and moved on.

So that has me sittig here like ya know everyones tired of me. they ask about these job interviews and i tell them like it is. they probably think i'm the worlds biggest bitch cause i got nothing much good to say about these jobs. I probably sound so negative and horrible to these people. HOnestly I know i prolly sound that way.

But I'm sorrry i just cant seem to get excited about this stuff.

talk to me about staying sober talk to me about eating a healthy diet talk to me about running man i light right up get all happy ge alle xcited i can talk your ear off about how great all that stuff is.

talk to me about writing code or soemthing? i just drop off wanna go hang myself (figureatively speaking)

But what can i do? I gotta earn a living and working in tech is the only way i know how. But it doesnt make me happy it makes me miserable but what choice do i have i got kids to feed?

So i continue to look on the bright side and dare i say fake that i'm happy about it for other peoples benefit? meanwhile i can tell those around me who hear how i really feel about these possible jobs are growing tired of me.

it reminds me of when i gto sober and i ran out of people who would listen to my drivel.

I frankly dont even wanna discuss my job situation with many people because i know there just gonna roll there eyes and be like oh god here we go again mr negative.

but its liek ugg i dont wanan do this crap but i dunno wtf i wanna do either *Sigh*

Oh well just keep looking up i guess.

thoughts anyone?
Old 04-03-2018, 07:27 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
zjw

and for the record when i stroll into these interviews of course i'm gonna smile and be confident and talk about how great there organization is . i'm great at faking it in an interview even tho inside i'm like oh dear god lol.

i'm sure many of us have been there.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Well, at least you're aware of your feelz.

Next right thing and all that.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah feeling toxic today to be honest. I'm back to thinking about how i've begged for help it seems like and no one listens. then i resort back to just shrugging and wondering around as i feel as if my life is falling down around me.

it worries me too i get like this and i start to view my wife and kids as meaningless objects and i swear its just my insanity tyring to push me over to the edge of doing something i shouldnt.

I'll snap back i always do its what i do. but I guess i'm just having a low moment today.

Gonna go run cause I dunno what else to do to combat all this.

I got off the line with a recruiter who didnt speak very good english. it was painful i kept tyring to explain that what there asking me if i know is all on my resume and that they sent me this job posting and I was merely responding to it and to let me know if we could set up an interview. they just kept reasking if i new all thsi stuff which i kept saying i did and it was on my resume and round and round we went.

I finally just got angry and hungup on them. This is the kinda crap i'm up against. almost every recruiter is liek this these days. and its so hard to understand there accent.

Its also a strong reminder of why i'm out of work as my job was sent over seas to this particular country.

*sigh*
Old 04-03-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Definitely go run!

Old 04-03-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
zjw

well i laid around wanting to die most of the day. but I just got a call for a job that pays considerably more then what i was making. Do i wanna do it? FRICK NO. its a commute too. but for the money wtf not i guess. so i told the recruiter absoltuly i'm interested send my resume etc.. so fingers crossed.

this would actually be a good job to have on my resume so while i might kick and scream it would ultimately be a good thing.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

fingers crossed here for you too zjw

D
Old 04-04-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey zjw, I don't have much in way of good advice but just wanted to say I hope things start looking up for you soon...

I know I'm pretty naive on the whole subject but if you can write code there's probably a lot you could do with that in entrepreneurial pursuits.. it may be exhausting and boring when working for someone else but maybe there's a way you could combine it with some sort of passion of yours?

Sorry if that's unrealistic or unhelpful, I know there are bills to be paid that aren't going to just wait around.. I can imagine how stressed you must be but hang in there and trust that things will work out how they're supposed to.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
Hey zjw, I don't have much in way of good advice but just wanted to say I hope things start looking up for you soon...

I know I'm pretty naive on the whole subject but if you can write code there's probably a lot you could do with that in entrepreneurial pursuits.. it may be exhausting and boring when working for someone else but maybe there's a way you could combine it with some sort of passion of yours?

Sorry if that's unrealistic or unhelpful, I know there are bills to be paid that aren't going to just wait around.. I can imagine how stressed you must be but hang in there and trust that things will work out how they're supposed to.
Yeah years ago I used to just write stuff for me for fun. Its not fun anymore now tho lol.

That being said sure if i start a business and need some tech work done i know just the guy lol.

I had an interview today. its too bad really. they dunno if they can bring me on and let me work remote its not local. There gonna try and get permisson tho so they say. The thing is i'm a perfect match i'm way over qualified for what they want and i'm sure the money is far less then what i was making. But if i was local to them I wouldnt care. I might even enjoy the less stress and all it might be a nice change of pace.

He said they are gonna make a decision by the end of the week so we'll see what comes of it. I'm not holding my breath. Sorta too bad tho cuase again I'm a perfect fit otherwise.

i got another one next week. and the job i posted about yest might be BS it seems a lot of head hunters are trying to place for that job and the job is no longer even posted at the companies site anymore so it very well could be gone. But wait and see.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
zjw

well for what its worth i've had 2 interviews and nothing. really no action on my resume at all.

I've gone round and round shoudl i sink money into more education to stay in the field? should I sink money into more education to go into something outside of the field? Should just wait this out?

I really have no idea what to do.

I decided to take the idea I like the most (not the one that might make me the most maybe?) but the idea that i'm most passionate about and take a TINY part of it that I'm able to do and start working on it. If i'm lucky i'll make a TEENY and i do mean TEEENy bit of money off it in the begining it might take some time to get going.

But I'm viewing it like this its going to cost me a little bit of money its something I wanna do and no matter how I slice this i'm facing a paycut if i get another job. So if i got this going it would maybe bring me in some much needed additional income by the time that problem bites me. Its the only way i can think to get out of ahead of this maybe...

If i go back to school thats a lot of money with no garantees and to be honest a lot of the positions I could gain from those courses will be less money then i was making before as well. IF i can get hired with no expierience etc...

Its all such a gamble. I just had to pick a direction and go in it and I chose the one that makes me happy because the common theme from the get go is I just wanna be happy in my next venture.

In the meantime i do continue to try and send out resumes as much as I can just case somethign turns up there.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your recent difficulties and am sending positive vibes your way.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Here's what you do, z: "show me da money!!"

stay employed. Sock away what you can. Future employers will want to know that you've had consistent employment, so when something better turns up, you can get the job.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still hoping something happens soon zjw

D
Old 05-02-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

What is this new idea that you're pursuing? If it's some sort of start up the entrepreneurial part of my brain would love to hear about it

I'm all for taking the pragmatic approach whenever possible which it sounds like you're doing by continuing to send out resumes.. but whatever you decide it's also true that sometimes real change also requires taking risks.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
zjw

ready to throw in the towel. i hit a big road block with my idea. and i'm not at another low. I cant take these lows. I think i need ot quit going after things that jsut bomb out and make me feel low. I think i need to just keep life super simple because i'm so low right now i wanna give up running and everything. I dont wanna pick up but i know if cross some lines in my sand drinking will be next.

I cant do it anymore. I wanna quit. I dont wanan do myself in. I just wanna quit trying. I wanna just get up go for a run and screw looking for work and let the pieces fall where they may.

I have an interview for a job lined up well the first of a few as it sounds like they do a few rounds. I dont want the job. i want nothing to do with working at htis place or doing the work. But i'm desperate so here i am smiling and nodding and acting like i give 2 ***** about working at this place merely because i need a paycheck. I hope i dont get an offer. but i wont purposely blow it cuase i'm not that type.

that being said if that falls through too? forget it i cant take it. I jsut wanna go do what i wanna do which is go bag groceries somewhere or wait tables i dunno. I dont wanan do this line of of work. I got excited about my business ambitions only for it to blow up in my face yest.

I feel like i'm just ****** around every corner.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
zjw

the good thing about my business idea was it gave me a few weeks reprieve from the lows and distracted me from my problems to some degree and i learned something despite the fact that its ounds like its gonna go nowhere now and i've wasted money at it to boot.