Notices

lost my job not gonna drink

Old 06-18-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Old 06-18-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by BillieJean1 View Post
The only thing to do is keep putting out resumes, all day, every day, until you get an offer. It's totally understandable that you'd be feeling the stress and frustration, I would be too.

I have to say that I think it's time for your wife to step up and start shouldering some of this responsibility. Is she looking for work too at this point? It's not fair for all this to fall on you when you've been the sole bread winner for all these years. You've got teenagers too, no? Maybe they should think about trying to pull in some money until you find your next job?

sometimes i wonder if this is the elephant in the room. But i cant MAKE anyone do anything. nor do i want too.

I'd like to think that those around me would see how i'm being affected and woudl go oh damn i'm gonna help this poor slob out. but nah...

and like i said they are helping but ugg not to qhote my horrible stepfather again but its like "shooting the arrow and missing the mark" I dont expect anyone to be like me or so on but put forth a good effort right? but there defination of a good effort and mine are 2 very different things.

and what do i know. They very well could be doing there best too and I need ot just be accepting of that?. I dunno
Old 06-18-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
zjw

as far as sending out resumes. I wont lie the past few weeks i've not sent very many. for a few reasons. theres barely any jobs now at this point for me to send too. i've already sent resumes to like anything and everything near me. but also its an incr3edibly depressing task. I can only stomach it for so long till i'm ready to go eat a bullet.

I know that sounds crazy but if i'm gonna keep my smile i gotta do things that help me keep it. sending out resumes for hours upon hours is counter productive to my happiness. But it is a task that has to get done.

I'm sure you know hwat i've mean if you've had to look for work and struggled. its like you gotta come up for air now and then from the hunt or you ready to go bonkers.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Ok, what about you and your kid going to different markets and he gets a percent of what he sells or something? Or, like you said, he gets his own gig.

As far as the job hunt goes.... you've got to be persistent. If it were me, I would spend 8 hours a day looking and tailoring resumes to each position I was applying to. Network too, if you aren't already. Follow up with resumes you've already sent out, email, call. Think outside the box.

I don't know what to tell you about your wife. What she doesn't get about the situation? You've both got to be proactive before the wolves are at the door. She likes eating and living in a nice house right? I understand your frustration, I think she needs to step up here. Her parents will only be able to do so much.... no matter how wealthy they may be, surely they can't support 8 extra people for very long.

As far as whether or not you can handle working a real job where you have to actually show up at it everyday..... come on! Of course you can! You may not like it all the time, but them's the breaks buddy. And at 7 years sober, don't even entertain the idea that this might lead you back to that nonsense. That's your AV trying to exploit the situation, but you're too clever to fall for that horse sh*t.

You've still got unemployment insurance coming in right?
Old 06-18-2018, 12:01 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah i'm basicly doing all your suggesting billiejean. The only day there are 2 markets in the same day are weds. well i guess technically friday to but one is pretty far and too difficult to do regularly at this juncture the other I'm not certain is lucrative enough to be worth while. and i have not tried it yet becuase i dont have the product to handle too many in the same week and be able to resuply in time if this make sense. I'm working on building that up tho so it wont be an issue.

He also does not drive so If i where to have him be in a diff place now huck his driving expenses on my plate..... certainly a poissiblity but if i dont have the income to support it i dont have the income to support it.

I still got unemployment its not enough to float this house by eany means however. so it will help cover some essentials.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
zjw

"taylor resumes to positions"

thats one thing i struggle with and do wonder if it hurts me. My resume is extensive and long. I've had numerous compliments on it so I hate to change it up. At the same time many cant be bothered with extensive and long its just too much for most folks. I might get tossed aside cause i look like too much or there too lazy to ready it.

At the same time Ive condensed it before then sent out shorter versions that are more job specific gotten in the interview on on the phone and they ask if i know this or that when I state that i do they ask where was it used and how and as they fumble through my resume and I state well its on my longer version. then they t3end to get this tone in there voice or expression on there face like I'm lieing to them or something course then when i pull out the longer version its like Oh.... I see then they just cant be bothered to go through all that.

Its tough in the tech industry. you have no idea what might be on your resume that the other side may want to see or might jump out at them. so if you take from it it can hurt you. But then too much is too much. its a fine line in between.

I cant really tailor it too much to be too too specific to roles tho becuase it is what it is. I"m not gonna try and paint myself out to be something I'm not its all there on the resume read it or not.

the biggest problem guys is i'm simply not a good fit for MOST of the openings out there in my field. I'm sure i mentioned it early on in this thread how my skills are incredibly dated and its gonna be tough to find work. we are months later and my point is now proven as i'm still out of work.

simply going back to school then or now is not going to do squat for me in the short term. Why i'm exploreing thse other options to make income. trying to work with what i got here do best that in can.

Once my unemployment insurance is about to run out I'm going to put in for some jobs at the local warehouses here and so on. I'd make less then half of what i once did. But i'd at least have a job be working and be bringning SOMETHING in. But that wont pay the bills.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
zjw

the upside tho to NOT finding a job in my field is i dont want to work in my field anyhow. I'd find a lot of these other options more enjoyable and would make me happier. this market i sell at i make IONS less then i once did lol. but man i love it! and I know i can grow this into something more in time.

its like playing bagpipes its gotta be one of the stupidest worst jobs one could do. it doesnt pay for ****. but its so fun lol.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey I like bagpipes

D