Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Stop, Start, Stop , Start.... just crazy that I cant......

Notices

Stop, Start, Stop , Start.... just crazy that I cant......

Old 04-26-2021, 02:34 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NulaMeansZero View Post
Congrats on day 66 brother!!!! My story was long winded on here cause I used this as a amazing outlet where I could post true feelings and no one new who i was was. In the beginning I was worried about being judged by friends for not drinking and I couldn't really tell friends how I felt like a ******* loser so I found this wonderful place , and boom. SR really was a driving force for me. I think I spent hours reading everyone stories the ups and down , how we always would relapse , emotional highs one week and very low lows when you started boozing again. 66 days is freaking awesome, imagine when you hit a year, two and three and so on, wear it like a badge and be proud.
Dont drink, you have 66 days, there will be days that you will be like **** it Im going to drink I can handled this , don't do it. reading everyones stories it just comes back harder and stronger than before and you'll be down on your self. Don't drink.
You will have 4 month, then 6 then 8 then a year will go by, then another year and another year, it becomes a after thought.

drinking clouded everything in my life, i am amazed i was able to have what I had in my life while I partied and didnt lose everything .

you will see, once you get alcohol out of your life, YOU WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE! Its almost scary how awesome everything becomes, you will crush everything you want to do, goals are easy to reach, your mindset will be stronger and you will really see who you really were meant to be

Congrats and treat yourself right you deserve it!
Hey Nula,
Just glanced by your thread and I had forgotten I had posted on my day 66, thank you for your reply and fantastic to hear you are still strong, sober and committed. What an inspiration

Just to add, I now have over a year myself and life continues to get better, you are so right

Thanks for the update
Peace
Billy x
Old 04-29-2021, 04:56 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
Hey Nula,
Just glanced by your thread and I had forgotten I had posted on my day 66, thank you for your reply and fantastic to hear you are still strong, sober and committed. What an inspiration

Just to add, I now have over a year myself and life continues to get better, you are so right

Thanks for the update
Peace
Billy x
thats awesome news man, congrats to you and kick this demon in the face!!!!!
Never ever go back, everything you've built in the last year will be twice as amazing in year two, three times as amazing in year three and so on, I had my highest earning year last year, instead of just coasting by, im a fighting machine with just three things on my mind....

Keep myself healthy
Keep my family happy
Keep my wallet fat.

Life is so much easier to navigate without the fog!!!

good for you again man congrats, you are the man!!!

Old 04-30-2021, 01:22 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

What an awesome thread.

Thanks for sharing NMZ
Old 05-02-2021, 01:31 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

THANKS MAN !
SR was a great outlet for me in the beginning, I will be at 4years this May , kinda of crazy that I look back now at how I let a object like alcohol control me. Its nuts, something like this will never happen again, You need to want sobriety , its a NO turning back situation , if you moonlight back and forth its because your not ready to commit. I wanted to stop before but I also wanted to still party and have that awesome feeling of being drunk.

Thats why I failed

Now sometimes I may joke about missing it , but I know 100% that I cannot ever drink again or I will have a much great chance of losing everything I have.

Its not a maybe, its a definite .

Having control of your life is key, no drug or alcohol can guide you , you need to stand your ground and choose LIFE! Fight back , its a fight you need to do all by yourself, period....

Its amazing and you can do it, look in the mirror , hands on your hip and say that today is the day , you take control. And never look back.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:20 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

nula your thread helped me through one of my worst days of staying quit, thank you, I totally understand the joking about missing but knowing its over I can never go back.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:50 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

ANOTHER YEAR IN THE BOOKS!

And like that Im on cruise control, I don't have any cravings, none, I never look back at what I was, weak.....

once you kick it , you will respect yourself more and know that you can never go back down that path again.

in the 5 years now, Ive become the person I wanted to be, been a role model to my kids, and live a pretty amazing life.

dont be afraid to say NO to yourself and your friends, I was amazed that alot of them wanted me to fail so that they could feel better about themselves...

lets just say I dont have as many friends as before , but I got alot of people watching from afar and thats fine

I got my kids who love me and look up to me, and a wife that has never once not supported me...

I hope you can do it too, I know you can

if you every have questions just ask......
Old 05-29-2022, 10:15 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Thank you and congrats,
Old 05-30-2022, 12:26 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Inspirational read this thread. Congratulations on the sober time, really awesome.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:32 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

7 years and still dry

I hope all of you are winning the good fight

You don't need alcohol in your life at all, you will succeed, we love all of you !!
Old 04-17-2024, 07:05 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I missed this thread when you first posted years ago.

Congratulations on 7 years of sobriety!