Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Stop, Start, Stop , Start.... just crazy that I cant......

Notices

Stop, Start, Stop , Start.... just crazy that I cant......

Old 02-09-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats NMZ - great to hear from you

D
Old 02-13-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I just want to say- you seem like such a good father. My dads alcoholism instilled years and years of physical and emotional abuse on us 5 kids, and not once has he ever muttered the words sorry. So just so you know, I look up to you!

Your kids will forgive you - and in fact look up to you for making these changes. That is so admirable. I wish my dad would have done the same.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Still running the good race 1 yr and 4 months...I hope that everyone is alive and kicking , kicking the habit that is!!!!
Do Not Relapse , Dont Do It and think you got it under control, if you did you'd never be here in the first place. I constantly lie to myself and say that a beer would sound good and of course a nice frosty cold coors light would sound amazing right now!!! But for me , one CL will turn into 12 and I have to work maņana.

My fun drinking days are over, but too be honest, I haven't skipped a beat.....

I quit smoking now...

and I got the job of my dreams...I quit my old work after I sobered up and realized I was just not really going in the direction I wanted to be going.....

I took a chance and wrote the owner of this new company a letter instead of a resume , and boom! Here we are.....

we all know what our issues are and its ALCOHOL, its not the cup or the mug ,its us , believe'n that we can control it with whats in the cup.

David Goggins says it best---Find the Root of the Problem , and fix it-----

I want all of you too succeed , be happy in life, not be hung over, and miss out on this beautiful thing we have called life........

I chose to never drink again, I chose to live without alcohol, its tough sometimes but life sure is awesome without it

Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New years if I don't see ya'll, remember don't drink!!!Life is AMAZING!!!!
Old 09-23-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new and improved sober life. Thanks for the post gives me hope to keep sober.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:57 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Wow! I just read your thread. An amazing, inspiring thread. Thank you for sharing your story.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:18 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

remember a few key thing in YOUR search for sobriety....
Its a battle 'n between YOU and Yourself
people don't care whether you drink , its You thinking they do
things don't change , You change and thats the change that makes things great.

be honest & be hard on yourself, don't lie to yourself, you can do anything .

You just have to want it !!!!!!
Old 05-01-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

So I was up late working and thought about this website and how it helped me . End of this month will put me at 3 years sober. I do not drink, and I will not drink ever ever again, my life has changed in so many ways, I hope that you all have found peace and are able to beat this demon.
Be Strong adn believe in the change because let me tell you I never really lived till I chose sobriety.Family is strong, Job is amazing and my mind is at peace.fight the good fight and treat yourself to a change
Old 05-02-2020, 12:40 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its good to hear from you NulaMeansZero - congrats on 3 years!
D
Old 05-02-2020, 12:55 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 years. It's always nice to look at a thread from a few years ago and then see someone check in years later and is still sober.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:37 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Great news, and so glad to hear things are well.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Nula, Congratulations on your decision to be a better you. It sounds like you are already killin' it in the other areas of your life, and that life is going to get even better. My experience is if you want to make people uneasy at a BBQ, just tell them you've found Jesus or you've stopped drinking. My close friends who I have told that I've thought about quitting drinking or felt I have an alcohol problem - and they all drink the same amount as I did - all got quiet on me or asked me if couldn't I just cut back or maybe just on weekends. You'd think I was talking about doing something UNhealthy. When a drinking buddy gets sober, people have to start looking at their own drinking and they really don't want to ask themselves the dreaded question: Do I have a drinking problem? I'd also like to say I think you're awesome for apologizing and owning it to your son. A lot of people have too much pride to do that.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
sober style

Good work, Nula! I just hit 3 years myself in February, it's a great feeling. Sobriety is just the best thing going, and so is SR come to think of it!
Old 05-06-2020, 01:03 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NulaMeansZero View Post
So I was up late working and thought about this website and how it helped me . End of this month will put me at 3 years sober. I do not drink, and I will not drink ever ever again, my life has changed in so many ways, I hope that you all have found peace and are able to beat this demon.
Be Strong adn believe in the change because let me tell you I never really lived till I chose sobriety.Family is strong, Job is amazing and my mind is at peace.fight the good fight and treat yourself to a change

Hi Nula
I just read your thread from the beginning and what an inspiring read , massive congratulations on 3 years sobriety, it sounds like you've had an amazing journey. I'm on my day 66 and like you am enjoying life, committed to sobriety and certain I will never drink again. Thank you for sharing your experience
Billy x
Old 05-17-2020, 07:09 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
Hi Nula
I just read your thread from the beginning and what an inspiring read , massive congratulations on 3 years sobriety, it sounds like you've had an amazing journey. I'm on my day 66 and like you am enjoying life, committed to sobriety and certain I will never drink again. Thank you for sharing your experience
Billy x
Congrats on day 66 brother!!!! My story was long winded on here cause I used this as a amazing outlet where I could post true feelings and no one new who i was was. In the beginning I was worried about being judged by friends for not drinking and I couldn't really tell friends how I felt like a ******* loser so I found this wonderful place , and boom. SR really was a driving force for me. I think I spent hours reading everyone stories the ups and down , how we always would relapse , emotional highs one week and very low lows when you started boozing again. 66 days is freaking awesome, imagine when you hit a year, two and three and so on, wear it like a badge and be proud.
Dont drink, you have 66 days, there will be days that you will be like **** it Im going to drink I can handled this , don't do it. reading everyones stories it just comes back harder and stronger than before and you'll be down on your self. Don't drink.
You will have 4 month, then 6 then 8 then a year will go by, then another year and another year, it becomes a after thought.

drinking clouded everything in my life, i am amazed i was able to have what I had in my life while I partied and didnt lose everything .

you will see, once you get alcohol out of your life, YOU WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE! Its almost scary how awesome everything becomes, you will crush everything you want to do, goals are easy to reach, your mindset will be stronger and you will really see who you really were meant to be

Congrats and treat yourself right you deserve it!
Old 05-17-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hell yea congrats Snazzy dresser

Good work, Nula! I just hit 3 years myself in February, it's a great feeling. Sobriety is just the best thing going, and so is SR come to think of it
Old 05-17-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Branches View Post
Nula, Congratulations on your decision to be a better you. It sounds like you are already killin' it in the other areas of your life, and that life is going to get even better. My experience is if you want to make people uneasy at a BBQ, just tell them you've found Jesus or you've stopped drinking. My close friends who I have told that I've thought about quitting drinking or felt I have an alcohol problem - and they all drink the same amount as I did - all got quiet on me or asked me if couldn't I just cut back or maybe just on weekends. You'd think I was talking about doing something UNhealthy. When a drinking buddy gets sober, people have to start looking at their own drinking and they really don't want to ask themselves the dreaded question: Do I have a drinking problem? I'd also like to say I think you're awesome for apologizing and owning it to your son. A lot of people have too much pride to do that.
Yea I lost about half of the people I used to party with , its all good, I tell people all types of stuff to trip them out , its funny. I actually like being the sober one driving these numb skulls around now , but when its time to leave its like herding cats, all the I love you's and the 50 hugs, my wife takes a additional 20 minutes to say goodbye when she's hammered, crazy!!

About my kid, yea I still think about that day, like even now .....pretty disappointing that I put him thru that , we talk about it very seldomly and Im sure its lost in his subconscious somewhere , I joke around saying Im going to have a beer and he's yells 'NO' so I know he remembers that day as well....

the very thing i created i was getting pleasure in destroying that day, and I will never forgive myself, its a big ugly scar on my heart that I will always remember and punish myself inside for. you guys know about it but many many don't . Any pride was drowned by the humility and hate I have for myself for doing that to a 8yr old. Thanks for the kind words and good luck man!!!!
Old 07-11-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Nula, if you think you have a drinking problem, then perhaps I can share with you what really helped me let go of my addiction. The 2 things that enabled me to drop my addiction: 1. turning my life over to my Higher Power 2. Becoming more loving and helpful towards people.

Everyday I reaffirm that I am giving my life over to God, that I want him to come into my life, that I want to have a relationship with Him.

Becoming more loving started by posting positive messages on post it notes and leaving them in bathrooms and other public places. And then everyday I think of what I can to help someone that day or make their life easier. It has produced amazing results for me.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:27 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

hi timi
Im glad that worked for you buddy. There is a higher power, Im just not sure its one or multiple, religion is a topic I dont care for much...
Im still sober , kicking ass and taking names......
I did quit coffee for a year and changed to tea but recently got into really dark black coffee.
I believe Im getting close to 4 year now.
The best advice I can give ya'll is commit to making yourself a better person, be selfish and think about your well being first...
Since I became sober , everything has changed for the better, everything.
I wake up ready to solve any problem infront of me.

If prayer helps, great....if being angry at your self like I did helps , great!

biggest thing to know is that you can do it!!!

Old 04-21-2021, 06:02 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats NulaMeansZero

D
Old 04-22-2021, 07:14 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Super to hear from you man.

Keep on rocking em.