Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XVIII: "New Year, New Moo!"

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XVIII: "New Year, New Moo!"

Old 02-06-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

How was it Sleeps??

I am sure you have had it checked out already, but I have been having my youngest Star child checked for ADD (inattentive, with no hyperactivity) and the symptoms sounded a lot like what you describe.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Welcome home, Sleepie.
One grilled cheese coming right up!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

glad you're back sleepie--hope things are getting slightly easier?
I'm ever-so-slowly recovering from the coldfromhell and glad it's passing.

I've been enjoying peace and quiet today and on a cleaning binge as husband
is hanging out w/ visiting best friend at someone else's house.

I'm washing all the sheets on bed island in linden-scented soap.
I grate a bit into the wash water and it makes them smell so sweet.
A great inexpensive luxury . . .
Sun is shining and in the 50's here--how about you guys?

I will be watching part of the Puppybowl but not the actual sporting event
to which it is linked
I'm rooting for the puppies
Old 02-06-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hi Sleepies!

Hawk, I sure whatever accomodation you makes for me will be fine. I a simple cow, with simple needs.*

Drops, yeah, it one woo away from being, well, just moronic, but then, that how I feel about most spiritual stuff. I mean, how did human get it in they head that they is sooo all that and bag of chips and Universe is all about us! I pretty sure Universe not give crap about us.

*Contact my agent for complete rider detailing my simple needs.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Aaaww puppybowl, yes I know it! That's cool Hawk. The sheets are fresh on bed island here too, bf washed them I am feeling better, not 100 percent but not like Wednesday. I am drinking a concoction of some things including cayenne and turmeric and I know it helped me through yesterday, today though my lips are rather rosy from all the spices. I am paranoid about coughing and won't take any medicines anymore so I don't hurt my liver? So concoctions it is and I trying to avoid coughing.

Drops! Yes, I have long suspected as such and the shrink I saw for the benzo taper prescribed me a thing without me even mentioning it, so maybe this is an issue too, the neuro disorder I have often goes hand in hand with OCD and ADD, NLVD... so many acronyms so little time. The thing he prescribed is actually a blood pressure med but I never took it. I am paranoid about pills now.

Thanks Obladi Happy Day 26 to you So today was ok, I am getting the hang of it, I think (hope) I will be okay. It was easier today but so hard to concentrate as always. The guy I worked with today is really nice, a young kid in his 20's and very cool. I realized I may be the oldest person at work next to the boss! They are a young bunch.

I had a slice of chicken pot pie from a local place, I really splurged on my lunch...

Tomorrow's my 12 hour shift so I think Jimmy John's is gonna have to happen at work... mmmmm sammiches....
Old 02-06-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

^YAY! SparkleSleepies in da house today! It warm my cold dead heart!
Old 02-06-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hi Cow, I was reading all this about Star Children and I thought, "Oh no... Indigo Children!" I mean I really don't blame anyone for putting a spin on things, why not, anything's possible.

Drops I read in a few places that the type of ADD you described is common in girls and that's why they go under the radar often, people think they are just daydreaming or spacing out as opposed to a typical "Boys act out" kinda thing as far as ADD, so boys tend to get treated more often and more quickly.

As far as daydreaming though and spacing out... I live a bit too much in this realm for sure and have always felt the tug to just remain there as I drew more as this is where I must be for things to happen in my sketchpad. It's like I can do one or the other, never both- so now since I am working I must remain in this frame of mind, at least til I get used to it- so for now my drawings are on hold. Although, I think dreamers should dream and not be medicated...
Old 02-06-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

lol Cow! I just saw your "sparkle" comment.

I have had very little sleep hence the typos... maybe 4 hours last night.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

SPARKLE

Old 02-06-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I hope when you feels like draw again, you will draw avatar of SparkleSleepies for you self! Could be you superhero alter ego!
Old 02-06-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Omnivore

OMG Cow! You abandon your salon for days on end. Then I go away for a few hours and find out that you have taken a break from your day job and posted the equivalent of War and Peace!

I was having fun being a good papa though. I don't understand why any papa would not enjoy it. It's better than anything really. So much fun. I wish I could have more children but you know, the mama has veto power with that kind of thing.

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Yes, yes, I knows all about the cokes and the pepsi, okay? I like the Diet Pepsi cuz aspartame cause little surge of phenylethylamine (PEA) in you brain

So you are getting high on artificial sweetener?!

Maybe do a fB picture of Cow snorting that.

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
I used to think my family would meet together for the holidays. That I would take my nephew sporting events when he got older and my brother was away on business.
This is a great sentiment. You should act on your instincts.

My niece has started college away from home and I`m in the area from time to time. I was thinking it would be nice to meet her but then thought forget it. The last thing I want is to find out her father asked her to see me because she couldn`t be bothered.

Think about it. If you do this, your total potential down side is maybe you annoyed your niece and wasted a couple hours of both of your time.

On the other hand, your possible upside is that you connect with a blood relative who appreciates family as naturally as you do. I've seen this happen. It could be the best thing that ever happened to you. Try it. Really. It is worth the risk.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I am seeing more agnostics turning atheist I think. Seems to me many people are seeing through the cynical twist politicians are putting on religions. It's easy to control people once you can get them to suspend disbelief. And IMO once that ***** gets in the armor, it opens the door to all sorts of insanity.

Finally, it gets so insane folks realize it's a con job.

Jean Shindola Bowen said something her book "Return to Avalon" I think it was, about how we need our stories. I wish I could recall the words, but I think we do need our mythologies as a not only a point of reference but as a place of refuge.

Does that make sense?

Love from Lenina

I did have more to say, I guess. I ran off and joined the circus early in my life. Some of it was getting away from a karmic debt boyfriend and the rest was trying to find some sanity and stability. Yes, the circus seemed the sane choice at the time. And while it hasn't been always easy and certainly not stable, it worked for me. I think it does say something about my family though. At least I got off the midway and into the Big Top.

Man, I do love metaphors.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hi Walk! I got little bit of time off waiting to get direction on revisions. So I checking up on peanut gallery. But just now I get inquiry for yet another job. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?! I still not decide whether to take big job I mention. It just keep get more complicated.

Anyway, sound like you doing good. I glad you a good papa.

War and Peace. Read it but not remember it, excepting was maybe part where prisoner of war so lonely and broken he make friends with the lice on him. Even as kid, I could relate and that break my heart.

Hi Lenina, that make total sense. You would love Joseph Campbell PBS special "The Power of Myth." Is book also, but to hear him speak is magic. He amazing. I think he atheist, but he total get the need for storytelling. He talk about how and why it evolve over history of humankind.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi folks. Here's a junco:

I was in New Jersey today, where they have such things.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

A Joisey Junco?

lol
Old 02-06-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hi Bunny!

I got new tiny bird on my patio. Not finch, but look more like what you post. Just little bit bigger than hummer. Cute and fluffy, but, they want the hummer's sugar water! They peck at it, and they is try to carry off the fake Christmas bow flowers I make fill with sugar water! But is too heavy, so then two of them will comes together and topple it over onto ground so water spill out and they can get lick of sugar water. Very clever. But it making a mess!

Also Bunny, I interest in you opinion (all of you guy opinion acutally) if I should consider take big full time project this soon into sobriety...
Old 02-06-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I don't think so Cow, if you don't rather desperately need the money. You have to come first
Old 02-06-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Cow and a manic gay man...

Old 02-06-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Old 02-06-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

If it matters, Cow, I think you are better with lots of work.