17.75%
ISFP
4.51%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Personality Test - Myers Briggs

Old 01-12-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

ENFJ
Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(75%) Feeling(25%) Judging(44%)
•You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
•You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
•You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
•You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

yep no kidding that is me... do like silence every so often but out side in in the woods.. so there again with everything that is moving and thinking and growing..

I think alot of entertainers and law enforcement are like this too.. and then again. ekekkekekekekekekk
Old 01-12-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Another ENFJ here. I must say its pretty accurate!

Extravert(56%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(62%) Judging(33%)
Old 01-12-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Becoming yep I will go the extra mile to help someone.. and have ... but one of the things my hubby has learned the hard way do not **** me off no lying hidding or trying to cover up for this old lady sees thro it all. hahahahahahh... and like I said to a Col years back you may borrow our children for military you may not harm them.. for the Mothes are watching.. and poked him in the chest ... his mouth dropped open.. Lady ... Blue Star Mom Sir... Yes Ma'am he said . hahah

coffee I have not had enough coffee for this Monday. ekkekekekeke
Old 01-12-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Courage2 that is so funny maybe I am still asleep.. feel like the doormouse from Alice today and the Lion from the Land of Oz coffee people where is the Coffee..
Old 01-12-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

courage,
it makes sense that "judgmental introverts" would be found in droves on anonymous cyber-forums
perfect place for "us".
Old 01-12-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

hahaha Ardy - i'm the same way in I'll do anything for ya until you cross me or hurt someone i love!

Have a good day
Old 01-12-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Could someone help me understand the "F" in practical terms.. how it works? My girlfriend I mentioned above is an ESFJ and we've gone round and round on this. So far I don't understand. She says that she first feels something and then the thoughts come as a result. I, on the other hand, think something and then the feelings come if they're going to at all. I'm quite cerebral and any kind of emotion, even positive ones, are kind of difficult for me but that's an INTP thing. But, anyway, I just cannot, especially as an alcholic recognizing what the "wrong" thinking does to me, understand how feelings could come before thoughts. Anyone want to take a stab at helping me understand?

Edit: I don't mean to come across wrong, after thinking about this. My girlfriend, I've thought based on her MB type seems very emotional to me whereas, until she got to know me, she thought I was very cold. I guess its subjective vs objective? Where, if a preteen girl was crying about kids at school, she would give them a big hug. I, on the other hand, would talk to them trying to get to the bottom of their thinking. My preteens criticized me for that saying all they wanted was a hug. So, saying emotions often escape my awareness seeing them coming from thoughts. Find out what the thoughts are, change them and the tears stop.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Judgmental introverts still lead with >50%. Go, team!
Ok this is it! Calling on my fellow extroverts to invite all our friends to this page and have a nice little social get together. I have at least a dozen people I want to introduce you to Courage2
Oh and you cannot opt out because Ardy, Becoming and I are making it a winter coat drive: it is for a good cause!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Trudgin

ISTJ
Introvert(22%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(75%) Judging(11%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

go figure
Old 01-12-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Turtle82, Note that you and your friend are mirror opposites on each scale. This will present as many challenges as learning opportunities. As a team, you've got everything going for you.

When I first took the test I was a "T". Time in my occupation changed that to a slight preference on the "F" side. I believe I can jump back and forth between the two as needed, and that this is a valuable skill (mostly in regard to helping others). Sometimes people just need a hug or someone to understand what they are saying. In those instances support is most valuable. Other times what helps them most is a change in their thinking. This can come about by changing their perspective or how they process information, and this is best accomplished through discussion . At those times a "T" response is most valuable to them. Most often, some combination of both is best.

The "T" response is your preference, but it's not always the most helpful. It can sometimes even get in the way. There are times when the most elegant response to someone is to simply to give them a hug. Words only serve detract from that. As a "T", I would be on the lookout for that.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Thanks Awuh1. Yeh, I know about watching it. I'm a very high percentage T. In my 60s I just naturally started operating more from my shadow F. So I've gotten better both experience and expressing feelings more but it just seems to happen and isn't always comfortable. In fact, its so uncomfortable at times that I actually apologize for it and my head gets all discombobbled and usually say the "wrong" thing. I guess that might be called "socially awkward?" I wonder how many other INTPs in particular experience that.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by fini View Post
courage,
it makes sense that "judgmental introverts" would be found in droves on anonymous cyber-forums
Yeah I can't figure out why an extrovert would be here at all unless they're bedbound but that falls firmly in the realm of not-my-problem and I'm really good at putting things in boxes.

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Ok this is it! Calling on my fellow extroverts to invite all our friends to this page and have a nice little social get together. I have at least a dozen people I want to introduce you to Courage2
Good luck with that!

By the way, since we're (I'm) getting competitive, I'm in the 80th percentile or higher on introversion and about the same on thinking. I like the Big 5 Personality traits better: I'm a very conscientious, very disagreeable neurotic introvert, but not particularly close-minded.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I got a 1% in feeling .........what's that mean:""(?????........introvert was no big surprise
Old 01-12-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I've taken the test on different websites. I'm either INFJ or INTJ.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Standing~4~My~5 View Post
I got a 1% in feeling .........what's that mean:""(?????........introvert was no big surprise

This means you are about evenly split between the two decision making preferences. You consider both about equally. This is from Wikipedia on the T-F dimension.

"The third continuum reflects the person’s decision preferences. Thinking types desire objective truth and logical principles and are natural at deductive reasoning. Feeling types place an emphasis on issues and causes that can be personalized while they consider other people's motives."

There is more here. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-13-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Another INTJ here.

Someone did a similar study in the literature: UNDERLYING PERSONALITY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ALCOHOL/SUBSTANCE-USE DISORDER PATIENTS WITH AND WITHOUT AN AFFECTIVE DISORDER | Alcohol and Alcoholism

What I'd like to know is whether there is a correlation between personality type and use/non-use of AA for recovery. Anyone have any info on that?
Old 01-13-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm an INTJ: I=62%, N=15%, T=75% and J=25%. This pattern has held more-or-less constant over the years with the N increasing slightly and the J decreasing a little with time.

I had two careers over my working life: mechanic and scientist. According to the literature I was well suited to both with this type. I like being by myself or with just my wife, I like to figure out how things work, I do not handle emotional issues at all well and I like to have things settled.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, it seems like all this personality testing is quite popular here, so I will recommend something for those that are willing to invest a little. In my research work, we use something called Temperament and Character Inventory (TCI) to assess traits that we then correlate with vulnerability to addiction. Unfortunately it's not free online as far as I know.
Measuring Your Well-Being (TCI) - Anthropedia Foundation
Old 01-13-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Interesting, I got ENTJ
Old 01-13-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoJimmy View Post
Interesting, I got ENTJ
ENTJ is what I would like to become, if there were such a switch I discussed this a few years ago with a psychologist friend who uses the MBTI in his practice, and we arrived at some pretty interesting insights about me regarding this "wish". For example, I am more than certain that my father would test ENTJ had he been given the assessment (may or may not be mental projection). Also, I am a definitive "I", but not far from the mid-line, and sobriety has brought out a lot of yet unknown extraversion from me. And my last dimension has been quite visibly progressing from P>J over the course of my life. So maybe I'm getting closer to my "ideal" after all