View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
awuh1
Sober Alcoholic

Turtle82, Note that you and your friend are mirror opposites on each scale. This will present as many challenges as learning opportunities. As a team, you've got everything going for you.

When I first took the test I was a "T". Time in my occupation changed that to a slight preference on the "F" side. I believe I can jump back and forth between the two as needed, and that this is a valuable skill (mostly in regard to helping others). Sometimes people just need a hug or someone to understand what they are saying. In those instances support is most valuable. Other times what helps them most is a change in their thinking. This can come about by changing their perspective or how they process information, and this is best accomplished through discussion . At those times a "T" response is most valuable to them. Most often, some combination of both is best.

The "T" response is your preference, but it's not always the most helpful. It can sometimes even get in the way. There are times when the most elegant response to someone is to simply to give them a hug. Words only serve detract from that. As a "T", I would be on the lookout for that.