Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part V: "Rise of Sober Cow" –everybody run!

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part V: "Rise of Sober Cow" –everybody run!

Old 07-25-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Cows miserable.

Pretty much 24/7.

What Cow is doing,(or not doing), isn't working for her.

How about rather than solving world hunger, we start in our backyard ? Step outside of our self imposed prisons and give to something and not anticipate anything in return ?

Cow, you stated that if even if you had energy to shower you wouldnt be wasting it on others. yet, you expect others to understand you, and when they don't you are practically destroyed.

SO how is it that you expect what you are unwilling to even think about giving out ?

You absolutely deserve happiness. I wouldn't be wasting my time on trying to help you if I thought you didn't.

I believe you do. Do you ?

Robby - Cow can tell me to pound sand anytime she'd like to. I'm perfectly fine with that.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
Robby - Cow can tell me to pound sand anytime she'd like to. I'm perfectly fine with that.
That's your answer to me, Alpha? You think my asking you has to do with Cow? You gonna tough love me, lol. I'm asking for your benefit, Alpha. Blow me off, if you want. Doesn't change what I was asking.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, hey tribe?

Seriously, Alpha.
You need to chill.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Omnivore

AO & Robot - How about what Cow is doing right here? Giving us poor sots a good laugh. Making our lives all the brighter by sharing her wit in the face of horrible life challenges. That counts as being sociable. It counts as contributing to others wellbeing. I know that Cow cares no more about me than the Universe does. I'm just a faceless speck to Cow. Cow is just going with the flow. (I think! Cow don't tread on me if this is all off base!) Still, her writings are helping me and others. You too?

Thank you Cow!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Excuse me Robby ? Como ?

This isn't between you and me. Last I looked I have invested a tremendous amount of time and energy to this. Ive lost sleep over Cow.

Are you policing what I'm allowed to say and not say in regards to what you deem appropriate ?

Seems to me you might be in need of the time out. ((WINK)))
Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by walkbeformakrun View Post
AO & Robot - How about what Cow is doing right here?
My take on Cow is simple: she's sober. How awesome is that!!
We all have to start somewhere. Pushing Cow is about as hopeless and helpful as wishing for a pot-o-gold at every rainbow, lol.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I like Cow.

She is funny and self-aware and really smart.

I am under no illusion that I could be so creative in making this persona work and it is very enlightening as well. Seems Cow understands Cow. That's a lot.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
Excuse me Robby ? Como ?

This isn't between you and me. Last I looked I have invested a tremendous amount of time and energy to this. Ive lost sleep over Cow.

Are you policing what I'm allowed to say and not say in regards to what you deem appropriate ?

Seems to me you might be in need of the time out. ((WINK)))
Its not policing, Alpha. I'm making this between you and I. I don't like how your pushing someone around, okay? It happens to be Cow.

You can feed my own words back to me if you want, it doesn't change what I said Alpha. You got to understand for yourself that if your losing sleep over Cow, your in over your head, okay?

I care about you, Alpha. That's why this is between you and I now.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Wow, Robby. You of all people I would not expect to twist my words the way you are spinning them.

I'm not at all in over my head. But I appreciate your perspective.

As far as it being between you and I, feel free to PM me.

And then we can really go at it.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Cow is sober. Cow is here. Good enough for me.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I like Cow too and enjoy her writing and musings. It's not my position here to enlighten Cow either Cow can take care of Cow.

I have full faith in you, Cow, to take care of you and find out what it is that you want and don't want in life and in sobriety. Much love and hugs.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

We are not going to "go at it" Alpha. There will be no pm's. I don't work that way, okay?

Your surprised at my words? I'll live with that. I'm not surprised at yours, Alpha. Importantly, we are not in agreement. Sobriety is not all that is important in life. How we treat others, what we want from others, is like a mirror into our own wants and needs. Think about that. Or don't.

Let's move on.
Take it easy, Alpha.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Interesting, Robby.

Both dismissive and full of barbs peppered with passive aggression.

Tell me again about mirrors ? And what was that about how we treat others ?

All the best to you.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

We'll meet up again, Alpha.
No worries.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think Perhaps it would be a good time to move personal arguments PM's or to just not share them at all.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

So, ever since I first come to SR, I try to be very honest of who I am, even when it not flattering or well accepted. I not always expect people to understands me, and I not "practically destroyed" if they don't. Is plenty of people I not understand (or like). That okay.

This anonymous forum. I never gonna ever meet any of you. And while I fond of most of you and read every single word everybody write and appreciate much of what is said and like to play sometimes with you on silly topic and if you die is gonna be bummer, fact is, I not ever gonna lose sleep over any of you. And I would hopes to god you not losing sleep over me. Try counting cows, sheeps is over-rated for slumbering as they make annoying baa baa sounds.

AO, while many have disagree with me here on various things that is discuss, you is only one who make me feel like my self is not intrinsically valid or worthy as is.

I come as is, okay? AS IS. Caveat emptor!

And finally, is several of you posting kind and validating words right now and is making me cry. Is something I maybe need today, and it move me. Sure, tears is ALL ABOUT ME, but, just so you know, I not total block of ice. Moo Mwah.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I think Perhaps it would be a good time to move personal arguments PM's or to just not share them at all.
Yeah, I tried that after Robby publicly accused me of Cow Tipping and stomping on kittens and such.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but never a bully. I have the right to defend myself against that.

Another one to add to the bucket list.

You know I adore you Cow.

Regardless of whether big brother appreciates my sense of prose or not, you are one of my most favorite people.

I will never give up on you. Never ever never ever.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post

I come as is, okay? AS IS. Caveat emptor!

I'm pretty sure that means we can't return you.
Good thing we love you so much, Cow!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Sometimes I have all the feels.

Sometimes I can't find a one.

Stoopid brain.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 07-25-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. I've been reading along for awhile and will post my "story" some other time. I just had to chime in here.

Several weeks ago, my lawyerly and normally very sensical husband started sending me "Cow quotes." I wasn't amused. At. All. (And I'm just an ex model. Not a rocket scientist, understand.) I responded with something like, "Cow doesn't appear to have a strong grip on the English language. Cow is delusional, and perhaps you have lost your mind, too." Forward a week or so. Miss snobby snob finds the thread and cannot GET ENOUGH. Snobby Snob calls husband and is talking so fast he can't understand! "COW IS THE BEST COW IS A GENIUS I'M SO SORRY I THOUGHT COW WAS AN IDIOT COW MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!!"

I then remembered an analogy to this. When we first met, my sister had insisted I watch the first South Park movie during a visit. The idea of cartoon characters cursing didn't seem appealing to me in any way, but I caved. LOVED IT. I called said to-be husband and insisted he watch it. Ugh, no. Not happening for mister highbrow fancy lawyer. I sang the songs (you know the ONE, if you don't, terrible loss) ad nauseum, NPR man definitely not amused. *Concerned* would be the word.
Upon my FORCING the movie on him, he had never laughed so hard and appreciated the genius involved. He actually had ME watching the show for ages!
Anyhow, my silly convoluted point is...I LOVE and adore COW! Far more than South Park. Cow is brilliant, engaging, and deeply soul-touching. (Even though she doesn't believe in souls.)
love, love, love!
yellow1111