Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Start of day #13. Trouble sleeping again last night. Been to the bathroom 3 times already this morning (2 hour period) including having to find a restroom on the way to work. Shakes & cramping havent been that bad yet today but that also seems to be sporadic so not sure if it will last. Need to get my act together because I'm not getting my work done.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Finished #13 and think (or at least hope) I'm finally over the hump. Slight leg cramping right before bed last night but pain free through out the day. A little trouble first falling asleep but I also didnt take anything for sleep last night and didnt wake up once I did fall asleep. Energy picked up a bit yesterday too. Other symptoms still continue though, trips to bathroom, sneezing, anixety etc.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

OxyVet you're doing great. STick it out and you'll be amazed at how your body thanks you. It's still adjusting and you will feel like a "normal" person again. The energy took the most time for me to return but it has along with the depression subsiding and being able to enjoy things without the pills again. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

immodium immodium immodium, i can't stress it enough and as for sleep i can't answer that yet as i have not found a good way to sleep im addicted to oxy as well.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I was in a bad accident, i was almost decapitated from the inside out. Anyway i have been talking 480MG of Oxycontin a day now for that last 6 years, and have finally had enough, but it was to late, i am getting divorced, losing a wife i love, and a son i love more than life itself all because of this horrible pill.
Yes it works wonders for pain, no ifs and or buts, however it takes control of your body.
I told my Dr i am quitting, i've had it, and he says there is nothing he can give me for the pain.
I rather live in pain, than live like this, so i have quit cold turkey. I am now on Day 6, Day 2&3 was the worst, my restless legs are almost gone, still there, but manageable. I had diarrhea the whole time, and can finally sleep at night, before i went 4 days with no sleep it seemed.
I just started lifting weights again and it is making me feel better and better.
My appetite is slowly coming back as well.
I flushed my prescription down the toilet bowl, then cried, but cried in joy.
The first three days are the hardest, force yourself to drink fluids and walk, trust me it will help you more than you can imagine!
I look at my son who is very young, he is my goal, trust me i am done for ever.
I am only hoping someday that i may get them back, but if not, i will never fall back to OC's again!
I am actually looking forward to waking up tomorrow, as i feel as though my legs may be back to normal!!!
I am also getting lawyer and suing my doctor who said they are not addictive.
Stay strong, lose your job if you have too, or take your vacation time, you will be feeling better in a week.
Feeling sorry for yourself only makes it worse, get mad, take action, and see what it is like to wake up in the morning without having to reach over for that bottle, it's AWESOME!
Just like in exercise, NO PAIN, NO GAIN!
It stands true for drug addiction as well, you need to feel the pain, so you'll never do them again.
And yes i could have done Suboxone, he was willing to give it to me, i said no!
Stay strong my friends, this forum helped me be where i am now, so i figured i would finally create an account to say Thank you to all...
Old 04-30-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome oxykillin

D
Old 04-30-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I am on day 6 and i honestly think my legs might be back to normal tomorrow, that is how little they have been aching all day.
I am telling you do push ups, sit ups, any kind of strenuous exercise at all, weights are even better. It seemed the minute i started lifting weights again everything started to really subside.
Its hard as hell, but do it, you wont regret it.
You'll be amazed at how quick your body will come back when you start working it...
I will follow this thread.. and yes my neck will hurt to the day i die, but not my whole body anymore, and when i look at my sons face, i feel nothing but love, its the greatest medicine in the world.
BTW your anxiety is your mind telling you to do the drug!!! Listen, and listen good, wake up everyday and just say to yourself, yes i am getting better, stop thinking about aches and pains and try to move your attention elsewhere, i am actually starting to have fun with it myself, i just laugh and say i beat you, go to hell...

Originally Posted by OxyVeteran View Post
Finished #13 and think (or at least hope) I'm finally over the hump. Slight leg cramping right before bed last night but pain free through out the day. A little trouble first falling asleep but I also didnt take anything for sleep last night and didnt wake up once I did fall asleep. Energy picked up a bit yesterday too. Other symptoms still continue though, trips to bathroom, sneezing, anixety etc.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oxykillin View Post
I am on day 6 and i honestly think my legs might be back to normal tomorrow, that is how little they have been aching all day.
I am telling you do push ups, sit ups, any kind of strenuous exercise at all, weights are even better. It seemed the minute i started lifting weights again everything started to really subside.
Its hard as hell, but do it, you wont regret it.
You'll be amazed at how quick your body will come back when you start working it...
Cant wait to exercise.... I was holding off though not sure if it would increase the pain in my legs.

and yes my neck will hurt to the day i die, but not my whole body anymore, and when i look at my sons face, i feel nothing but love, its the greatest medicine in the world.
That about sums it up with me too. My originally injury is already hurting but not my whole body and I'm not passed out on the couch as soon as I get home from work. As much as I dislike the pain, I hated the friggin leg cramping between dosages worse.

BTW your anxiety is your mind telling you to do the drug!!! Listen, and listen good, wake up everyday and just say to yourself, yes i am getting better, stop thinking about aches and pains and try to move your attention elsewhere, i am actually starting to have fun with it myself, i just laugh and say i beat you, go to hell.
Withdrawal symptoms having been kicking my butt; day 15 and still crapping my brains out. But I absolutely have no urge or want for them. Still got my meds in the house and its not even a temptation. In fact the worse the withdrawal the more it shows me why I shouldnt be taking them....

It still surprises me though cause for the most part I always took as prescribed and even when I didnt I informed my doc.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

well i am writing this at 2:34 AM, my leg aches have left, but i am having terrible trembling in my forearms, i think this is going to be a rough night again, but i just took a couple aspirins and will try to go back to bed. The start of Day 7 but i'm still going golfing tomorrow!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Ok the aspirins worked, i fell asleep as soon as i went back to bed! I woke up at 7:05AM and at the moment i am 100% pain free, i have a clear head, zero body aches, and am getting ready to go golfing for the first time in 6 years!
I use to be a 3 handicap, i wonder just how bad i will play, but it really dosnt matter because I AM FREE from the DEVIL...
please everyone do it, you wont regret it trust me, i have not felt like this in 6 years, THANK YOU GOD FOR LISTENING TO MY PRAYERS!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

To OXYVET, exercise, drink plenty of water, you are already there you just don't know it..
I was exactly like you, followed my meds just as prescribed for 6 years, but it's over my friend, it's over..
Just hang in there, in a couple of days you are going to feel tremendous, i guarantee it...
I am staring at two prescriptions rite now, each is for 240 80MG Oxycontins, i am going to buy a frame for them, because i am never filling them again!!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement but just to clarify I'm not wavering at all, just ranting about the symptoms lasting so long but not even slightly tempted of going back (unlike when I try an quit smoking).

Went for about a 2-3 mile walk last night, had to ice my leg when I came back but felt good to start becoming active again. Only got about 4 hours sleep last night though but I wasnt in discomfort so not sure what the cause was. Went to the rifle range with my daughter this morning, felt great to start doing activites again.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Spiritual Being

Hey Oxy guys. I'm going to start a new thread in a sec to explain everything but I just wanted you guys to know that I'm with you. I'm on day one of 150mg-200mg Oxy and 100mcg/h fentanyl patch withdrawal. I made one MAJOR stupid decision. Kind of forgot that I an addict...
Old 05-01-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Spiritual Being

Decided against starting another thread.

From 2005 to three months ago I was taking either methadone or suboxone as a form of opiate replacement therapy. This February I dropped out of my suboxone program, quite tired of being chained to a substance. I grit my teeth and began to battle the withdrawal. Suboxone wd isn't as intense as Oxy wd, it just lasts longer. Now, on March 3rd of this year I run my car 80 mph into a cement pillar. I break nine bones in both my legs and a few ribs. I haven't walked since that day. I got out of the hospital April 1, heading to live with my mother as I'm now confined to a wheelchair for a few months while I heal. Being that I hadn't abused opiates for 5 years, just taking them as prescribed to keep from getting dope sick, I figured I was cool with handling my own meds. Not so much it turns out. I begin to experiment with the fentanyl patches and get higher than I have ever been. I smoke through all of my fentanyl in a timely manner. I ran out a few days ago and found that I needed to take 40mg of Oxy every 2-3 hours just to keep from getting sick. Alas, I took my last dose last night. Being that I am in a frigging wheelchair, I can't do any of the things that normally bring me solace when I am dope sick.
So. Wow. I can honestly say I would trade the way that I'm feeling right now for each and every horrid experience that I had while in hospital. Thankfully, I'm not getting any pain in my legs. I go to the doc on 5-4-10 for another Oxy script. Still debating on what to do....
Old 05-02-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Well i went golfing and had allot of fun, i got tired at about the 14th hole since i have not been eating at all. When i got home from golf i finally ate some food.
Had a slight bought with depression as when i got home my soon to be ex-wife, and son were out, i am so use to always having them around, it makes me very sad to think i have lost my wife.
Anyway i slept through the night again, woke up felling kind of okay, a slight tremble in my legs but nothing major.
I think i am going to start to work out today full time. i need to start to set some goals. I am also going to tell my work about my problem, i hope they don't release me, but i for sure think i need another week off.
I just wish i could get my wife back, but she is not coming back it's making things allot harder as a truly love her.
I think i am going to go to the Dr's tomorrow and have them put me on some Prozac to battle the depression.
I just keep looking at my sons beautiful smile and it is keeping me going, mentally and physically.
I know now for good that i have beat the beast, i have very strong will power, and i will never revert back to these pain meds again.
Now the real hard part is going to begin, and that is rebuilding a shattered life at age 50.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:36 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Wow its mid day about 2:33 Sunday i feel so all alone its making me so very sad. I already worked out, but now i have nothing to do but think about all i lost.
This is just terrible...
Old 05-02-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Oxykillin, welcome to the boards, my name is Ivan I am a 55 year old recovering addict six years clean. My DOC was more.

The five stages of grief after quitting your DOC:
1-Denial - this can't be happening to me
2-Anger - why me
3-Bargaining - bargaining often takes place before the loss.
4 Depression - overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity.
5-Acceptance - there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. You have to accept the loss.

This morning I went to a beginners brunch meeting. This is where recovering addicts in my area with some recovery time under there belt meet the newcomers, give support and share our ES&H. This same meeting gives me a chance to catch up with other recovery addicts from other home groups in my area.

After the brunch meeting I was heading back home to watch the game and do some laundry. Instead, today at the meeting I got invited to a clean and sober backyard BBQ party at Seaside NJ.

Wow its mid afternoon about 2:33 and I am eating a hamburger, potato salad and having a tall glass of ice tea with forty other recovering addicts. Talking recovery, joking and laughing, taking pictures, music, playing cards, dominoes and slapping the volleyball around…man am good at dominoes.

Why am I telling you all this? For many of us, the drugs were the objects of our love and our lives. We wonder, what will replace them? Whenever we forget that this relationship is primary in the healing process, loneliness and confusion reign. Emotional or physical isolation follows when we feel this lack of closeness. As we recognize it in our lives, the resulting unmanageability and insanity become easily recognizable. We believe that sanity will return.

We know that part of that sanity is a healthy interaction with others. We can make a decision today. We take positive action, like making a phone call, going to a meeting, and honestly sharing our feelings and our recovery. Commitment to taking positive steps with courage and trust help us. When we have faith that what worked for others will work for us, miracles happen.

Good luck and stay strong
TB
Old 05-03-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Well today starts Day 8, and i woke up feeling like it was day 3 all over again, trembling legs, extremely tired although i slept a solid 10 hours.
I have to go back to work today, i have no idea how i am going to be able to do it feeling this way.
Man i thought i was all done feeling like this. now i feel your pain OxyVet. I am seriously thinking about telling my work what i am going through, and see if i can get a couple weeks of unpaid time off!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

My work was very cold, they said i should have never stopped taking medicine that is prescribed! I told them you have no idea what it does to you, i told them it has ruined my life. They are making me use all my vacation time.
Today is Day 9 still have not been able to eat anything solid since Saturday, still have shaky legs, but not as bad.
I am lifting weights everyday now, i have a feeling it is coming to end, finally.
I am so mad about my Dr telling that these things were not addictive it's making me insane with fury.
I was able to sleep again though, and this is a major plus!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

These bouts of depression are so tough, i mean it really is hard, the loneliness of losing my family is really starting to take a major toll on me.
Oxyvet, how are you doing?