Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say how much this thread has been helping me in the last 4 days. I was on 460mg oxy IR and ER for the last 2 years or so for a painful condition, found I was pregnant in April this year so ever since have been doing a very slow taper and got down to 10mg oxy IR. 4 days ago I quit and have been suffering terribly ever since. My main worry has been for the welfare of my unborn child, but a doctor's check has showed that it is doing well and is not distressed.

The worst part for me has been the severe restless legs and arms and lack of sleep. I am managing less than 2 hours a night and it's awful. I've gone through every emotion, crying and sobbing to real anger at what these drugs have done. Also, very very angry at the doctor who prescribed them and told me they would be non addictive and easy to come off.

I'm just praying that things start to ease very soon, going into day5. It's been more difficult as being pregnant I haven't been able to take other remedies to help the symptoms.

Thank you for posting in such an honest way, and I admire you guys so much for the pain you have been through.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Day 12 free from oc's and I can tell you it does get better. I have been able to go to work the last three days. I still am fatigued and have mild chills but nothing like days 1-5. Keep the faith. You can do it. It is possible.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I have been using oxycontin with doctors script for the last 6 years. It has gotten to the point that i just hate the drug. i am on 48 hours without any pills. i was taking 320mg a day.

i have had seizures in the past when i quit taking the oxy. They put me on keppra to stop the seizures..

i went to a new pain doc who put me on opana and two weeks later both of my kidneys failed and i ended up in the hospital for a while...

i started using pain meds due to spinal fusion and neck fusion surgery. i want to get off all pain pills. it is just so hard though. days and days of not sleeping and feeling like crap.

i have a lovely wife and three great kids... i need to get my life back...
Old 11-04-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi fatherofthree

I think it's really important to find the right doctor.
Medical supervision is always best.

If you had seizures in the past coming off Oxy I really hope you're with people who can help get you help if it happens again.

D
Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Thanks...

i think i have about 7 days... maybe today is day 7. It sucks so bad. it is hard to explain to people you love how you feel.

all three of the seizures i have had my wife and kids have been there. it was terrible for them.

The last thing with my kidneys failing was the worst. i thought I was going to die in the hospital. They had me in surgery and ready for dialysis... somehow i made it through....

no sleep, depression, pains, no energy.... it just all sucks .... would not wish it on anybody....
Old 11-10-2010, 12:11 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I hate this

I've been on oxycodone for 1 year and I tried to stop C/T but couldn't handle the W/d but I need to stop but need help. I've noticed I've been doing strange habits like the plastic tabs from the tshirts I put that in my mouth and I flatten them with my teeth and make it look like a tube but ya any suggestions haven't tried anything else to help the W/D but need help
Old 11-10-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ihatethis808

Welcome to SR

I have no experience with Oxy but you'll find a lot of help and experience here
Read around the threads and post as much as you like.

D
Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hi im new to this site and ive read a lot of stories. Just liked everyone else I got hooked on 30 mg roxis. I was snorting them. I was taking about 10-12 a day. But only for a few months. Ive taking suboxone for the past for a little over 48 hours. I have only been taking 2 mgs. I have friends who have taken it for a week and didnt get addicted. I havent been taking painkillers that long but the withdrawals are hell w.o suboxone. I wanted to know how people get addicted to them too. If my friends have done it and were fine. no withdrawals after a week. I read on these forum that people were taking suboxone for years! Maybe thats why. I dont even like taking it that much. It makes me feel very tired. If anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Also does anyone recomment tramadol to help oxycodone withdrawals or vics. Or will I just be back to day 1 if I take them?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi JJI416.

It's against our rules to give you medical advice here.
I'm of the firm opinion it's always best to consult a Dr and see what they suggest.

Self medicating myself is what got me into the mess I was in - and my story is far from unique.

Get an outside competent perspective JJI....see a Dr.
D
Old 11-16-2010, 04:28 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Oxy Withdrawals

Im new to this forum and was hoping that someone could help me with how long it takes for the withdrawal symptoms take to subside. I was taking between 30-50 mg of oxycodone per day for approximately 2 1/2 years. I am on my 3rd day clean and am having all the symptoms that have been talked about on these forums. Restless legs, sweats, no sleep, etc. Can anyone please give me an idea of how long I can look forward to having these??? Thanks in advance
Old 11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Soccer

WestWing,
I wish I could give you a definite answer. Unfortunately, the time differs for everyone. What I can tell you is that you can get past them if you stay strong in your resolve. I made it through, you can to.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

I would say 8 to 10 days the longest and the worst is in the first 3 to 4 days
Old 11-22-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Soccer

Just want everyone to know that I am ashamed of myself. It only takes one dose to start the cycle again. The doctor asured me that I needed these evil meds again as I was having kidney stones so I listened. BIG MISTAKE. I knew better, so now I start the process all over again. My apologies to all of you who have prayed for me and wished me well, I hope, again to prove myself worthy of all your well wishes.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish you best. You can do this.
Did you tell your doc about your history Soccer?

D
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Soccer

I did tell him, but he said that the only way to ease the pain was to take the meds. I shouldn't have listened, but the pain was intense and I was desperate. I am hopeful, since I only took them for a day that I wont have to go through the withdrawal as bad this time.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Administrator

Might be time for a new Doctor, soccer
I have no idea but I hope that just one day won't knock you around too much

D
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Soccer, kidney stones are extremely painful... I can't fault you for that. I would literally wish to go through childbirth 10,000 times over then EVER go through another kidney stone again....
Old 11-23-2010, 03:32 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Today is day 31 without any oc. I quit cold turkey and the first six days were hell. My mantra was " this too shall pass" and it did. I write this to let those who are struggling know you can do it. Lots of warm showers, walks, calcium, tylenol pm and prayer. I feel so good and I don't think about the pills all the time anymore. I never want to go back to that hell I put myself in. Keep the faith. You can make it. It is possible.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Soccer

I did have a bit of withdrawal, but thank goodness nothing near to what I was expecting. I dumped the remaining pills down the toilet to get rid of the temptation (that was strong). So hopefully I have won another battle in this war.