Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help!

Old 07-26-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

day 9

Hello, I am new tp this site an I am finding that you all have alot of things to say about me an my husbands #1 problem at the moment.. can any of you help me n him plz?

Anyways I am currently pegnant 20 weeks an have been taking oxycodone now for 4yrs an so has my hubby, I will be stopping cold turkey in bout a week i know what im about to face i have tried over 20 times but now its time once an for all? Im just waiting for my hubby to be finished he stopped cold turkey an he is on day 9!!!!
Does anyone know how long it will take him to feel normal again with energy? He wants to feel normal b-4 I start my time in hell so he can take complete care of me? He is doing very well but he still has NO energy an randomly still gets the chills?? Who has been thru this an is clean already that stop cold turkey?? Plz just let me know how long it took till you felt your energy back plz?? He is doing so well he woke up one day after 4yrs an just stoped... He is done in his head just not phisicly, he is ran down.... any answers plz?? how long at least for energy...
Old 07-26-2010, 03:39 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Soccer

Times vary for people to be completely "norma;" again. For me it was a 2 week process. I wish you both the best with quitting. You will be in my prayers
Old 07-27-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

"with methadone you'll need 2 months off and be prepared to feel like death
i don't think anyone can come off methadone....theres no way i would let myself fell that bad...it's just not in our blood"

Well it's not impossible but a pain in the you know what, absolutely. I was on 60mg of Methadone a day, and it took me a good 7 months to taper all the way down to 1.25mg a day. It was a long stretch but I did it very slowly so the withdrawals were not as severe. My first week after I stopped I couldn't sleep. I took Melatonin and V. Root to help with that for a few weeks. But eventually gained my sleep back...for the most part. I really can't sleep for more than 6 hours any more. August 1st will be 3 months!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:39 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soccer View Post
Dont get confused. You can take the meds as prescribed and still get addicted to them. Now I am not saying your an addict, that can only be determined by you, all I am saying is that addiction to these medications has nothing to do with how or why they are taken. People with legitimate pain issues taking no more than the Doc says can still get addicted.
This is very true. And it happens quick, before you realize what has happened, then it's too late.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Soccer

It is never too late. As long as there are forums like this, or support groups.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

If you took them as prescibed then you might not be an addict.

Personally I can't seem to take even Melatonin without abusing it.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Wondering if this sounds spot on. Began taking Norco 10's about a year and a half ago for hard core back problem. a year and a half later im still on them. So is my wife. Its such an evil cycle. We both have legit reasons to need the drugs but fear we are getting dependency.

Recently my wife found a black market doc giving her 30 Oxy and 30 Norco a month. 30 mg Oxys. Hard core ****. I gotta get into it, and while not doing it daily am experimentation to be....fun. But the come down is viscious though Im not a daily user. Norco is my regular daily drug. Only one a day.

But the Oxy is crazy. Do them about 2x a week for 2 months. Is that still not long enough for addiction cuz it feels like it. ******* despondent depression from hell. Help1
Old 08-29-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

If you are concerned, you must speak with your doctor. Being dependent on medication for pain relief is no sin. Dependency and addiction are very different conditions.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR brianlajd

I second the suggestion that any questions about whether you're dependent or addicted are best directed to your doctor....and not the black market guy. That whole deal sounds really bad news to me - dancing with the devil.

If you want to get off the whole merry go round completely, you'll find a lot of support here to do that

D
Old 08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome to SR brianlajd

I second the suggestion that any questions about whether you're dependent or addicted are best directed to your doctor....and not the black market guy. That whole deal sounds really bad news to me - dancing with the devil.

If you want to get off the whole merry go round completely, you'll find a lot of support here to do that

D
Ill do that thanks. Just wondering what your guys experiences have been. Is short term use and withdrawel possible? Also it seems like depression goes hand in hand with both the use and withdrawel from this. Does that sound right?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

I went through this and it took a month before i could work. I took Abien to sleep at nigh and for the first 6 or 7 days that didn't even work.
10 days and I couldn't force anything down my throat to eat.
I still have problems sleeping and it's been about 6 months now.
I tried the xanex and it's just as bad as the oxy. didn't stop the WD either. You just need to quit taking drugs. In a month or so you'll be so glad you're done with it all.
I don't know how anyone can go through all that and then start using again.
Good luck.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:43 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Biggest Problem

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site. My problem seems so small when I see what some of you have been going through. I have been taking Oxycodone 40mg 2x a day per doctor's prescription. I told him that I wanted off so he cut back to 20mg and gave me breakthrough 5mg. Long story short, with the Medicare black hole, I couldn't get the twenties - they were to expensive. So, here I am with the 5mg only. I called the doctor, told him what happened and he said to take the 5mg a few times a day to end up equaling 60mg per day. I figured this was a great time to really get off so the day before yesterday, I actually went from 10:00 pm on Sat to 5:00 pm on Sunday without any. At 5:00 p.m. I took 10mg and went until this morning at 6:00 a.m. when I took 5mg. Now, the thing I am really having a problem with is restless legs. They kept me up all night and make me feel incredibly edgy. I can take my nose running and my head aching but the restless legs are going to do me in. Any suggestions for getting through that?
Thanks for taking the time for me....
Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

i'm an opiate addict. I've tried several ways to quit. i recently got prescribed naltrexone. i took it yesterday and went through withdraw like i never have experencied before. i haven't taken it today cause i'm scared to feel that way again. i haven't taken anything today but not sure how long that will last. i'm suppose to start school in 2 days and i don't know what to do i know i can't start school dope sick. anyone have any experience with the naltrexone?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chancey

welcome to SR

I haven't any experience with naltrexone - but I think the very best idea is to go back to the medical professional who prescribed it for you.

I'm not a doctor, but I think it's safe to say that's obviously not how it's meant to work.

D
Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Good Morning, it's 4:40 a.m. here and I had to get up since my back hurts so bad, my nose is running and I had restless legs. I took 1 5mg oxycodone since I am trying to wean myself off. I asked my doc is I was an Addict and he said "No, people that take their meds as they are supposed to are noted as 'Physically Dependent'" - sounds like addicted to me. I, like Brianlajd, had huge back surgery and the left over pain is still bad.
Anyway, I am keeping a log of when I take them and before this mornings, the last one (a 5mg) was at 7:30 p.m. last night. Damn, this is so flippin hard. I just want to cry.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:48 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

keep rollin with it

I know your having a hard time right now, but you really are doing a great job of sticking it out. I can certainly relate, ive never wanted to, or needed to cry so much in all my life as i did detoxing. Just try to to remember that this will pass, and when it does, you will never have to feel this way again! I wish you lots o luck, and look forward to seeing you post months from now to testify reguarding your sobriety.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:10 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hang in there

I quit cold turkey and I thought I was going to die, but I didn't. Taper as much as you can to soften the DT. It will be over soon and you'll be glad you fought the fight.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:15 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words JamesDi and delivered! The last I took was Thursday (this is Saturday) at 3:00 p.m.. I'm lucky to have a wonderful primary care physician (she is not the pain doctor) who put me on 600mg of Neurontin at night to help with restless legs and sleep. Now, this is kind of gross, but, my huge problem right now is my bowels. Everything goes right through me at an alarming rate. I thought about taking some Immodium, but, wonder if it is the toxins that are being flushed out of my so maybe I should just let it happen? Does anyone know if it is toxins?

coatednsweetnes, you really should see a doctor before you start and see what they can do to help you. The very last thing you want to do is stress your baby.

OxyVeteran and Oxykillin, you are a great inspiration to me. Thank you.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Im on day 6 of my recovery from a hydro addiction of 600 to 800 mg daily. I tried the first 12 hours cold turkey and thought i was going to run through walls from the anxiety attacks then the physical stuff started setting in. RLS, alternating cold chills, hot flashes, sweat soaking through your clothes into your furniture, diarrhea that makes you get up and run to the bathroom even though you thought you couldnt move off of the couch because of the pain, dilated pupils that makes everything fuzzy *(also due to the extremely high blood pressure you're experiencing from the wd's) joint pain, every fiber of your being is in excruciating pain and you know that just a few pills will stop it all. ***BUT*** if you do that, you are going to have to go through this again. I am fortunate enough to be friends with an E.R. Dr who i felt ashamed to call because we had been planning a boat trip this weekend and I didn't want him to think any differently of me. He was completely understanding and said he knew for a while that i was using. He's a dr for Christs sake Lol and he was glad i finally came to him. He immediately called me in clonidine .2 mg to be taken as needed or no more than 6 times a day...that stuff is killer! it helped soooo much with the rls, cramps, sweating, blood pressure, helped me sleep, stopped my anxiety. He also called me in metronidazole 500 mg. That helps with the stomach issues and cramps I think but I really think that it was to hide the fact that i was a drug abuser to the insurance companies as it's listed as an antibiotic. He also prescribed me a crapload of xanax but i cant take them. They make me so freaking depressed. He also gave me a low dose of hydrocodone 5 mg(This was to alleviate some of the intense cravings and some of the aches) and gave it to my boyfriend to give me 1 every 4 hours the first day. i was given 1 every 6 hours the 2nd day and then 1 every 8 hours the next day if he thought i needed it ( i wasn't aware he was giving me these as he just fed me the drugs according to docs instructions) it was only today that i found out exactly what had transpired. If left to my own devices i'd have taken the whole bottle at around hour 12. So to make a long story short(er) I've been completely hydro free for 3 days and on a very low dose before that for 3 more days and I dont feel awesome but I do feel pretty damn good compared to day 2. This paws stuff i've been reading about is really setting in now. I was crying watching Ricky Gervais on the office last night because I like him so much (weird. I know) So hang in there... i know you're going to hear the same story over and over but dont discount it. These people speak the truth and the only way through this is through the discomfort. I swear to you it WILL GET BETTER.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MacGrubber View Post
He immediately called me in clonidine .2 mg to be taken as needed or no more than 6 times a day...that stuff is killer!
I was also given clonidine for my oxycodone/hydrocodone withdrawals and I have to agree that it really does work! Great choice of withdrawal drug if you can take it....it's a drug to treat high blood pressure. It's the side effects of the drug that eases withdrawal symptoms.

I am still occasionally taking .1 mg once a day if I need it for anxiety that sneaks up on me (I have 100 days clean today). The bonus for me is that this drug has also taken away the hot flashes and nights sweats I get with menopause!!!