Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-12-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hns0685 View Post
Woohoo! Good job! I finally feel like my head is becoming a little more clear. Celebrate 10 days, or when we make it to 30? I haven't thought about it!
I'm getting a pedicure and the rest of the $200 I didn't spend this week is going into savings so I can take my family to Ireland next year. I spend over $10,000 on beer and smokes last year!
Old 07-12-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Day 11 - halfway through week 2.

Hello classmates, we are getting quite a crowd in here now aren't we. Starting to make some real progress.

Had my first drink dream last night. Anyone else in here start to get those after a while sober? At least I am starting to sleep and dream properly again.

Keep up the good work all. Hello to todays new starters.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hello all!! Today is better... Back to my happy self. Excited to fly to Boston tomorrow to get my son from his engineer camp. 2 weeks it's the longest I've ever spent away from him. I survived. Most of this time was spent blissfully SoberAF. :-) Love to all!! (day 7)...
Old 07-12-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by argillaceous View Post

p.s. BobLobLaw, I love your username. Will there ever be a film? Season 5? Nail-biting fans want to know...
Wasn't sure if anyone would get the reference or not! I've got a standard username across a lot of boards, but needed something that hasn't been associated with me - just for a bit of anonymity.

I'm hoping for a season 5!
Old 07-12-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Day 4. It sure does seem we got alot of people which is great. Feelin a bit better but usually Day 5 is my best day. I really hope we ALL stay and celebrate a year together next July.. but for today ..lets get thru today .. TOGETHER.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daylightsavings View Post
I'm getting a pedicure and the rest of the $200 I didn't spend this week is going into savings so I can take my family to Ireland next year. I spend over $10,000 on beer and smokes last year!
What a great idea to calculate how much I was spending, and put that money away!! Ireland sounds amazing!
Old 07-12-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Starting day 5.

Can seem to kick my air con induced cold. My emotions are fluctuating between pink cloud happiness that I've stopped drinking and slight depression that I feel terrible despite not drinking.

Have to admit that I did have cravings yesterday at work which is par of the course for me. Dealt with it with time and cookies.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lily123 View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss Sunshine ((hugs)).

Wrigley will you keep us posted on your experience with antabuse? I have been considering it and would like to hear a personal account. Thank you=)

Day 2- feeling much better this morning. Still worn out and a little depressed but I know that will get better with time.

Thinking about all of you and hope your day goes as smoothly as possible.

Hi Lily, I will definitely share about how it goes with the Antabuse. Thanks for asking. Glad to help anyone else if I can. Just took my first dose about an hour or two ago. Knowing that it can cause side effects for up to two weeks is a very good thing for me. Just going to take it one day at a time though, as we all are.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

One day at a time...we can do this
Old 07-12-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcoem Oregongirlsite and daylightsavings

D
Old 07-12-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrippledButFree View Post
One day at a time...we can do this
ABSOLUTELY! Who's in for TOMORROW too?!
Old 07-12-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Join

Hey everyone,
Been reading everything and I'd like to join the July group. Was nervous to join since I've tried many times and failed, but this time I feel different!

So definitely in for July 2017

I'm on day 7.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome done4ever

D
Old 07-13-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I'm in

Yup - sick and tired of being sick and tired. I tapered yesterday, so today is the dreaded Day #1. Reading "This Naked Mind" which is a real help........may each of you feel empowered to change today.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:37 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Welcome Done4ever - Lovely to have you here with us X

Waking up on Day 8. Had a fabulous sleep but the last couple of days I have been waking up with a little headache - not sure what the cause of this is but perhaps I'm not hydrating myself enough. Will try and drink more water today. Just about to get kitted up for a little run. Happy sober Thursday all X
Old 07-13-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm in for the July group...not sure how many classes I have joined this year but I know it's too many.

Starting over today on day 1...feeling awful but determined not to drink today. I have busy day planned and don't want alcohol hol to be a part of it.

Looking forward to connecting with all of you xo

Dee, already re-reading about a recovery plan...thanks
Old 07-13-2017, 02:22 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome camino and lovehoops

D
Old 07-13-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi I'm sober and healthy and I desperately want to be sober I hope we can help each other
Old 07-13-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm in for the July group...not sure how many classes I have joined this year but I know it's too many.

Starting over today on day 1...feeling awful but determined not to drink today. I have busy day planned and don't want alcohol hol to be a part of it.

Looking forward to connecting with all of you xo

Dee, already re-reading about a recovery plan...thanks
Hi lovehoops:

Looks like we are the two "day owners" here. How did you sleep last night? I didn't get a single minute, but will probably have more success today/tonight. Very upset stomach which will make keeping food down today a bit of challenge.....it was yesterday as well. I sent the following text to a friend:

I reread Rich Dad, Poor Dad yesterday (yes, you need to get). It was disturbing as all the advice he was giving (be focused, abundance mentality, no decisions based on fear, look for opportunities as they are always there), all describe the person I once was, but am no longer. Alcohol Me killed him off. Alcohol Me also killed off Cycling Me, Reader Me, Husband Me, Trader Me, etc. - it was the first time that I realized that I don't "miss" alcohol as much as I thought, as realistically, the only thing I am built for right now is drinking. Hence, the need recreate a whole new lifestyle.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to the thread soberandhealthy

D