Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6 - Page 23 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomer's Daily Support Threads
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room





Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #441 (permalink)
Member
 
Lonelywombat67's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 290
Thank you all for posting. Sometimes the online community is my total social interaction for the day.

I'm adding new goals and trying not to substitute new addictions for alcohol. I'm coming close with retail therapy though. My excuse is if I need it for my house it's okay--because I'm trying to sell you know? So far four window treatments have been purchased and they weren't cheap.

I have too much food in my house. Who is hungry? I bought a lot of fresh stuff at the farmers market and now I have to eat it before it gets unfresh.

I like reading poetry that helps express emotions we may all be feeling.

A poem by Warsan Shire: What They Did Yesterday Afternoon | Amber J. Keyser
__________________
~~Visualize whirled peas~~
oooooooooooooooooooooo
Lonelywombat67 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lonelywombat67 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-15-2016), CountryGal123 (07-15-2016), dickensen (07-15-2016), Eagle108 (07-15-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #442 (permalink)
Member
 
joandmelandhan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 961
Blog Entries: 1
Hi LW. Great to hear from you. We have farm shops selling lovely produce locally here too. Costs a lot more than supermarkets but nice for a special meal. Plus most of them have a nice cafe so it's like a fun trip out rather than a chore. Wondering where to take my parents on Sunday......I hope the weather is kind and then we can go pretty much anywhere with a picnic. It's quite rural where I live so we are never far from a pretty view. My mum sponsors a donkey at a sanctuary not too far away so that might be nice. It's got a petting zoo there too so the girls will like that.
Still got nagging liver area aches which are currently my only left over symptom. Usually fades after a couple of weeks so I'm not letting it put a cloud over my progress. I know at some point I'll need to get checked out but I want to go when I'm genuinely out of the danger zone and can say I've been sober for a couple of months. My fear of social services is still an issue when it comes to going to the doctor. Plus in a kind of weird way I feel like I've done damage and that is a big factor in staying sober. If I was fine I wouldn't trust myself at this stage. So I will keep on keeping on and let time do its healing.......no relapse for me I will not drink!
Have a lovely day everyone xxx
joandmelandhan is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joandmelandhan For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-15-2016), CountryGal123 (07-15-2016), dickensen (07-15-2016), Eagle108 (07-15-2016), Lonelywombat67 (07-15-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #443 (permalink)
Member
 
dickensen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 425
Jo,

Regular drinking over many years didn't do any of us any good and who knows what damage we have done. If your abdomen pain persists I would see a doctor. It may be nothing, but then it may be something that might not even be related to drinking.
dickensen is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dickensen For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-15-2016), Eagle108 (07-16-2016), joandmelandhan (07-16-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 11:56 PM   #444 (permalink)
Member
 
ben83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: England
Posts: 374
Morning everyone day 77 here. Been binge watching the first 7 episodes of preacher. Pretty funny TV show if anyone got time to watch it. Popped in the pub for a coke on the way home from work yesterday and the new bar maid said. "So how come you only ever drink coke ?" I just laughed the guy next to me just laughed patted me on the back and went out for a cigarette. she never got an answer but could see it wasn't a subject she should press further. It was nice though to meet someone who doesn't know anything about my drinking for a change. Weekend is here again and my son is sick on his first day of school holidays. Poor kid.
Have fun guys and happy Saturday.

Don't want to turn the TV on the news isn't very uplifting from what I gathered yesterday. Why do people Insist on killing each other for silly reasons. It makes no sense to me. Like a bunch of adults going round killing you because you don't believe in the same santa clause as them. totally stupid this is 2016 and people are acting no better than when we burned innocent people for being witches. This is why I have no higher power. If there was one is this what he would want ? If so when I meet him I'm gonna kick his ass !
ben83 is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ben83 For This Useful Post:
Arpeggioh (07-16-2016), CaseyW (07-16-2016), dickensen (07-16-2016), Eagle108 (07-16-2016), joandmelandhan (07-16-2016), Lonelywombat67 (07-16-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 12:59 AM   #445 (permalink)
Member
 
joandmelandhan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 961
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickensen View Post
Jo,

Regular drinking over many years didn't do any of us any good and who knows what damage we have done. If your abdomen pain persists I would see a doctor. It may be nothing, but then it may be something that might not even be related to drinking.
Yes I know dickensen. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and if there is any discomfort after my holiday I'll get checked out. My girls will be away with their dad then so I can do it without them worrying. Then at least I'll know.
Speaking of the girls going away it's been a worry for me as I historically drink a lot then. Mentioned it at AA on wed night and they said "well just go to a meeting every night".....duh! Didn't even think of that! So that's my plan. 14 meetings in 14 days when my daughters are away. Felt immediate relief at the thought of it.
Today my parents are visiting. I'm really excited to see them I've not seen them since Easter. Plus I think it'll be sunny tomorrow so we can go out for the day.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend. Jo xxx
joandmelandhan is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joandmelandhan For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-16-2016), dickensen (07-16-2016), Eagle108 (07-16-2016), Lonelywombat67 (07-16-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 01:02 AM   #446 (permalink)
Member
 
ben83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: England
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi LW. Great to hear from you. We have farm shops selling lovely produce locally here too. Costs a lot more than supermarkets but nice for a special meal. Plus most of them have a nice cafe so it's like a fun trip out rather than a chore. Wondering where to take my parents on Sunday......I hope the weather is kind and then we can go pretty much anywhere with a picnic. It's quite rural where I live so we are never far from a pretty view. My mum sponsors a donkey at a sanctuary not too far away so that might be nice. It's got a petting zoo there too so the girls will like that.
Still got nagging liver area aches which are currently my only left over symptom. Usually fades after a couple of weeks so I'm not letting it put a cloud over my progress. I know at some point I'll need to get checked out but I want to go when I'm genuinely out of the danger zone and can say I've been sober for a couple of months. My fear of social services is still an issue when it comes to going to the doctor. Plus in a kind of weird way I feel like I've done damage and that is a big factor in staying sober. If I was fine I wouldn't trust myself at this stage. So I will keep on keeping on and let time do its healing.......no relapse for me I will not drink!
Have a lovely day everyone xxx
jo Go and ask your doctor for a liver function test if you have screwed it up its better to know. Have fun with your parents.
ben83 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ben83 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-16-2016), dickensen (07-16-2016), Eagle108 (07-16-2016), joandmelandhan (07-16-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 01:22 AM   #447 (permalink)
Member
 
joandmelandhan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 961
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks Ben I'll try and pluck up the courage soon. Enjoy your weekend too 😊
joandmelandhan is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joandmelandhan For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-16-2016), dickensen (07-16-2016), Eagle108 (07-16-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 04:37 AM   #448 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: TX
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Yes I know dickensen. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and if there is any discomfort after my holiday I'll get checked out. My girls will be away with their dad then so I can do it without them worrying. Then at least I'll know.
Speaking of the girls going away it's been a worry for me as I historically drink a lot then. Mentioned it at AA on wed night and they said "well just go to a meeting every night".....duh! Didn't even think of that! So that's my plan. 14 meetings in 14 days when my daughters are away. Felt immediate relief at the thought of it.
Today my parents are visiting. I'm really excited to see them I've not seen them since Easter. Plus I think it'll be sunny tomorrow so we can go out for the day.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend. Jo xxx
Sounds like a great plan Jo...live day by day and plan a couple of weeks at a time and after awhile it will just come to be routine.

Enjoy the great weather and your parents visit
Eagle108 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eagle108 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-16-2016), dickensen (07-16-2016), joandmelandhan (07-16-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 04:50 AM   #449 (permalink)
Member
 
joandmelandhan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 961
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle108 View Post
Sounds like a great plan Jo...live day by day and plan a couple of weeks at a time and after awhile it will just come to be routine.

Enjoy the great weather and your parents visit
Thanks Eagle same to you
joandmelandhan is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joandmelandhan For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-16-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #450 (permalink)
Member
 
Lonelywombat67's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 290
A late good morning to everyone. I have a bit more energy today. Started making meals ahead. This morning it's banana oatmeal cups with dark chocolate chips, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. They bake up in muffin tins and you can freeze them for breakfast.

Jo, I have the doctor avoidance issue too, mainly because I was told I have to lose weight. I have been losing, but it doesn't seem like enough because I can't exercise much. I have two doctors now. You collect doctors as you get older I guess. Your pain can be anything, so best if you get it checked out and you'll probably be relieved. I've had pain in that area from my gall bladder, shingles, and IBS. Keep taking care of yourself meanwhile.

Ben, I love Preacher. It is so bizarre. I haven't read the comic books so have no idea where it is going. I especially love the Cassidy character. I really believed he was Irish but he's an English actor. It's hilarious in a very warped way.

Thanks for posting Dickensen and Eagle and staying with us. I appreciate it so much.
__________________
~~Visualize whirled peas~~
oooooooooooooooooooooo
Lonelywombat67 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lonelywombat67 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-16-2016), CountryGal123 (07-17-2016), dickensen (07-16-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016), Simplicity4114 (07-18-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #451 (permalink)
Member
 
joandmelandhan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 961
Blog Entries: 1
Yummy LW they sound delicious! You are making me hungry! Off out for a meal with the family soon. It's so nice to have them here like a breath of fresh air around the place. I hope everyone is well take care guys xxx
joandmelandhan is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joandmelandhan For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-16-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), dickensen (07-16-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016), Lonelywombat67 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 11:23 PM   #452 (permalink)
Member
 
ben83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: England
Posts: 374
Morning guys. Gonna be a nice day today here in sunny England. The hedge is cut but I'm digging gate post holes now. 78 days on the sober Wagon. I'm on a mission to rid my garden of the neighbours cats they use it as a litter tray and there are a lot of cats! 1 house alone has 13. I'm trying humane methods first because shooting cats in the UK is illegal. I've tried the electric cat scarer and it didn't work next step motion sensor water jets. I could always get a dog I suppose but I don't want one while the kids are so young. A lot of stories about family dogs attacking kids puts me off. There was a funeral in our village a couple of years back for a 4 year old girl who was killed by the family dog. So I'd rather pick cat poo up for the time being. happy sober Sunday everyone. I'm gonna drag my sorry ass out of bed and make breakfast for the mini mees.
ben83 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ben83 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-17-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), dickensen (07-17-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016), Lonelywombat67 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 04:08 AM   #453 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: TX
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Morning guys. Gonna be a nice day today here in sunny England. The hedge is cut but I'm digging gate post holes now. 78 days on the sober Wagon. I'm on a mission to rid my garden of the neighbours cats they use it as a litter tray and there are a lot of cats! 1 house alone has 13. I'm trying humane methods first because shooting cats in the UK is illegal. I've tried the electric cat scarer and it didn't work next step motion sensor water jets. I could always get a dog I suppose but I don't want one while the kids are so young. A lot of stories about family dogs attacking kids puts me off. There was a funeral in our village a couple of years back for a 4 year old girl who was killed by the family dog. So I'd rather pick cat poo up for the time being. happy sober Sunday everyone. I'm gonna drag my sorry ass out of bed and make breakfast for the mini mees.
Sounds like a good sober Sunday morning with the family...funny stuff about the cats and I too am waiting on a family dog until the kids are older. Congrats on 78 days...we're hanging in there. Sounds like you are adjusting to sober life well...

Early morning here...headed off to an early morning AA meeting and then going to watch The Open at Royal Troon (golf). One of my favorities Phil Mickelson is going for the title at age 46, so I'll root him on.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! LW - breakfast bake sounds great...Jo - glad to hear you are having a great time with your family and seem to be in a good spot.
Eagle108 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eagle108 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-17-2016), CountryGal123 (07-17-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), dickensen (07-17-2016), Lonelywombat67 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #454 (permalink)
Member
 
Camery03's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Posts: 454
Hi all!
Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I was not able to from my phone and didn't get home until late last night. Went to my great nieces 6 year old bday pool party yesterday. One minute we are all having a nice relaxing day at the pool with the kids, and before I know it, vodka lemonades are being mixed up in big sippy cups, which was my cue to leave. No need to stay for any sort of temptation, so I came home and went to bed early.
Woke up this morning to thunder, lightning and heavy rain--- which we so desperately need! I am enjoying it!
Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I have been reading the posts and catching up this morning!
Have a wonderful day everyone!
--Camery
Camery03 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Camery03 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-17-2016), CountryGal123 (07-17-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), dickensen (07-17-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016), Lonelywombat67 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #455 (permalink)
Member
 
CountryGal123's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 551
Ok-am crying. Hubs just verbally beat me up. Hard core. Said I don't do anything. Called me worthless. Said he wouldn't be home for dinner.

😕☹️
__________________
"Do not let what you cannot have keep you from enjoying what you can"
CountryGal123 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CountryGal123 For This Useful Post:
Camery03 (07-17-2016), CaseyW (07-17-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), dickensen (07-17-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016), joandmelandhan (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 09:57 AM   #456 (permalink)
Re-Member
 
CaseyW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 6,165
I am so sorry to hear that, CountryGal. We're here if you need to talk or vent or cry more. You're in my thoughts and prayers...
CaseyW is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaseyW For This Useful Post:
Camery03 (07-17-2016), CountryGal123 (07-17-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #457 (permalink)
Member
 
Camery03's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Posts: 454
Ditto on what Casey said Countrygal! Lean on your Mayfly friends if you need to, we are all here for you!!!!! I will be thinking of you today!
Camery03 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Camery03 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-17-2016), CountryGal123 (07-17-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #458 (permalink)
Member
 
joandmelandhan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 961
Blog Entries: 1
That's absolutely horrible CG. You don't deserve that one little bit. Don't let it affect your amazing progress. We are all here for you any time xxx
joandmelandhan is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joandmelandhan For This Useful Post:
Camery03 (07-17-2016), CaseyW (07-17-2016), CountryGal123 (07-17-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #459 (permalink)
Member
 
Lonelywombat67's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 290
I'm sorry Country Girl. No one should abuse anyone verbally like that. And other people can't define who you are. You are a worthy, kind, loving person and deserve respect. Stay strong.
__________________
~~Visualize whirled peas~~
oooooooooooooooooooooo
Lonelywombat67 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lonelywombat67 For This Useful Post:
Camery03 (07-17-2016), CaseyW (07-17-2016), CountryGal123 (07-17-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016), dickensen (07-17-2016), Eagle108 (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #460 (permalink)
Member
 

Join Date: May 2016
Location: TX
Posts: 213
Sorry to hear that CG. Two quotes come to mind that I find helpful:

"This too shall pass."

"Want to make a bad situation worse...add alcohol to whatever you are having to deal with."

We are here if you need to vent...stay strong!
Eagle108 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle108 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-17-2016), CountryGal123 (07-18-2016), Dee74 (07-19-2016)
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 AM.


2017 Sober Recovery. All rights reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of Sober Recovery's "Terms of Use", "Privacy Policy", "Cookie Policy", and "Health Disclaimer". The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.

Design By: SoberRecovery.com