Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 07-17-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
One minute we are all having a nice relaxing day at the pool with the kids, and before I know it, vodka lemonades are being mixed up in big sippy cups, which was my cue to leave. No need to stay for any sort of temptation, so I came home and went to bed early.
Well done Camery...that is inspiring and hopefully I will meet similar situations in such a manner when they arise.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Thanks Eagle! I hated to leave the party early, but seeing as vodka was my drink of choice, I felt I had better skedaddle before my AV kicked in and said it was okay to have one...........
Old 07-17-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I was really surprised that someone brought vodka to the party. I mean, my family drinks at every occasion, but it is usually beer or wine coolers.
In a way, I was kind of irritated by that-- seeing as my very own mother was partaking in the cocktails.
But............ guess who isn't laying on HER couch feeling like death today? Not this girl!!!!
Old 07-17-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Brilliant Camery!
Old 07-17-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good job putting your recovery first, Camery. Great example for all of us.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was once again, tempted. The more buzzed I saw people get, the more I was convinced it was time for me to go.
I just talked to my Mom. She is not doing so good today. While I feel bad for her, since she doesn't really drink much or at all, I don't. Is that bad?
Old 07-17-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was once again, tempted. The more buzzed I saw people get, the more I was convinced it was time for me to go.
I just talked to my Mom. She is not doing so good today. While I feel bad for her, since she doesn't really drink much or at all, I don't. Is that bad?
No

Perfect for you that it was your drink of choice and you were able to keep your cool and stay strong. Much better test for you that way than if it was something you didn't like...since you stayed sober (if you had drank maybe a resentment toward your family would be the feeling today...along with the hangover)!!
Old 07-17-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eagle108 View Post
Well done Camery...that is inspiring and hopefully I will meet similar situations in such a manner when they arise.
eek!!
Old 07-17-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to read that CG

I hope everyone is doing ok - I'll been ill lately but back on deck now

D
Old 07-18-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Just about to start work. Amazing difference to last Monday morning when I was sick to the stomach with withdrawal. I'm so grateful for the lovely weekend I've just had and the chance to keep on my sober journey. Next step - get to this time next week and drive down on my holiday healthier and happier.
Wishing you all the very best mayflies xxx
Old 07-18-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Glad to hear you had a good weekend Jo, and that you are feeling better then last Monday!
Hope everyone else is doing well too! CG-- thought about you yesterday-- I hope you are ok!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Thanks Camery and yes I've been thinking about CG too.....hope you're okay honey xxx
Old 07-18-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Glad to hear you had a good weekend Jo, and that you are feeling better then last Monday!
Hope everyone else is doing well too! CG-- thought about you yesterday-- I hope you are ok!
Well said...happy that Jo is doing well and thoughts are with CG.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Evening gang. Had a tiny wobble after work tonight but I had a good think and played the tape forward. Ate my dinner early and it passed fairly quickly. Then went out for a lovely evening walk in the sunshine and am in bed safe and happy. Hope everyone is coping with this heat. Even hot in England which is pretty rare! Goodnight mayflies
Old 07-18-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you for getting through that Jo
D
Old 07-18-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Morning gang hottest day of the year for us. I keep telling myself I can drink a cold beer now. But I don't want to ruin 80 days sober!
Old 07-19-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Evening, all.

Quickly checking in before starting the evening routine here. Things are back on an even keel again after a difficult weekend. Not sure what was grating me exactly, but something was up.

I think I was coming to terms with this being a forever choice. And being terrified of getting it wrong in future, despite the resolve being strong now. I never, ever want to drink again and I'm trying to equip myself with tools to make that happen. (I've begun to thing about going to a SMART meeting, to put more weapons in my arsenal. This is getting serious!)

I've also started thinking through what I want out of my life. I want to have more productive leisure time and I want to travel more. So I'm looking into kayaking and Mr Floss and I are starting plans for a holiday. That was part of the weekend conversation, actually, how an all-inclusive resort probably isn't where I'm at. He was supportive, so that was great.

So that's me. Plodding on. Must be past 70 days now, but no idea what number ... If anyone knows anything about kayaking/canoeing (?Simplicity?), feel free to enlighten me.

Keep on keepin' on, y'all.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Hello, my dear Mayflies, it's the prodigal Arp, slogging back from yet another short detour from sobriety. I've been "rewarding" myself after getting through a couple of high-stress situations (played and sang out at a local eatery last Friday night, my first real gig in many years; after weeks of prep, I had already decided how that evening would end...which left me perfectly hung over for my dad's 75th birthday dinner the next day...lovely!)

Anyway, excuses and details aren't why I'm here this morning; once again, I'm taking things a single day at a time, and you guys were a very important part of my daily sober routine. I've been keeping up on reading you, and it felt very odd to lurk here! It just took me a couple of days to finally post honestly.

Today, I will not drink, no matter what; and I'm very grateful for this thread and the wonderful folks who post here. It was always a destination while I was "out there," and I'm glad to be back. -- Arp
Old 07-19-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Welcome back ARP!! Sorry to hear about your slip. But youre right-- one day at a time. It happens and don't beat yourself up.

Good to hear from you Flossy! I cant help you on canoeing or kayaking. The last time I did that on one of the rivers here, I went down the WRONG side of the river rapids ( we were told at the fork make sure to steer your canoe to the right, I couldn't get it turned in time, and went to the LEFT) Anyways, all I can say, is good thing for the helmet I had on, and the Power above I made it out alive. And needless to say, that was the last time I did that.

Ben- I hear ya on the heat. We have 100 degree temps here this week. I don't think of drinking beer on days like these tho, I despise the humidity we have, so I don't leave my house till I have to!

We missed you ARP And Flossy and glad to have you back with the rest of the Mayflies.
I have a job interview today--- haven't had one of those in a few weeks, and for some reason today I am not feeling it. Not like I want to drink to get my self evened out, I just don't feel good. Luckily I don't have to prepare for another 3 hours, so I have time to get it together over here.

Have a great day everyone!
--Camery
Old 07-19-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone- like Arp, slogging my way back into living (again)

So, here's to another Day 1 🙄😣