Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 07-08-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Saturday afternoon check in. I'm working my way through accounts for my daughter's Guide unit. I'm possibly the worst person in the world to have this job. If anything adds up at the end of the year, I'll be amazed.

This morning was spent on a bushwalk in the Blue Mountains - a truly beautiful part of Australia. Try a Google image search of Wentworth Falls, for some easy armchair exploration. The children came back caked in mud and are now happily playing with a Lego pirate ship. They must be getting hungry; I suppose I should think about dinner soon ...

Oh, nearly forgot about this weekend's dream: that I woke up and realised that I'd drunk last night and was dreading having to admit it on SR. So I woke up in a panic until I realised I'd actually gone to bed with a book at 9pm last night. Stoopid brain.

Have a good Saturday everyone. And Arp, belated birthday wishes!
Old 07-09-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flossyteacake View Post
Saturday afternoon check in. I'm working my way through accounts for my daughter's Guide unit. I'm possibly the worst person in the world to have this job. If anything adds up at the end of the year, I'll be amazed.

This morning was spent on a bushwalk in the Blue Mountains - a truly beautiful part of Australia. Try a Google image search of Wentworth Falls, for some easy armchair exploration. The children came back caked in mud and are now happily playing with a Lego pirate ship. They must be getting hungry; I suppose I should think about dinner soon ...

Oh, nearly forgot about this weekend's dream: that I woke up and realised that I'd drunk last night and was dreading having to admit it on SR. So I woke up in a panic until I realised I'd actually gone to bed with a book at 9pm last night. Stoopid brain.

Have a good Saturday everyone. And Arp, belated birthday wishes!
ill take my virtual Google holiday there today
Old 07-09-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Boring day today. Working on a financial forecast and its pouring with rain. Can't wait till the girls get back from their dad's to perk the place up. Out for an Indian tonight yum yum. Hugs to all hope the weekend is going well for you all xxx
Old 07-09-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Good morning Peeps! Hope everyone is well. The canoe trip will need to be postponed I'm afraid. The forecast has changed and rain is now on the roster. So waiting for the Mr. to emerge from his cozy warm bed to formulate Plan B

I find myself on some rung of the relapse ladder from time to time. I lived on the dang thing in the beginning. But slowly it's becoming easier. I notice my first reaction to stress is no longer the urge to drink. I've started filling the time void with other healthy activities around the house and I'm starting to pursue outside interests in order to meet some sober friends. I'm not afraid anymore....of life without alcohol. I guess that's the biggest change. I'm not afraid of living my life sober.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I'm terrified of climbing back on that ladder to alcohol abuse because of the horrible withdrawal experience that only gets worse with age. I could write the not so interesting book on elderly (ugh, hate that word) lonely women alcoholics with anxiety, IBS, arthritis, and weight problems. I'm pretty smart though even if it isn't very apparent sometimes. I'm making progress on my house, although it's very slow. I'm cooking good food and avoiding sugar even though I'd kill for some cookies right now. Anyone watch the Great British Baking Show? Those biscotti though!!! I used to make those with my daughter.
Has anyone else had to quit caffeine for a while? I found it contributed to my anxiety. I'm back to one cup of coffee a day. Here's a recipe for cold brewed coffee. I think I'll try it.
http://http://www.mnn.com/food/recipes/blogs/how-to-cold-brew-coffee#disqus_area
Old 07-09-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hi lonelywombat I think we all end up isolated to some degree when we hide away to drink alone (I know I did). I'm lucky to have my girls and a caring boyfriend but I've no friends to speak of. People give up on you after a while......something I'd love to remedy I'm just not sure how.
I try to drink herbal tea at work and I think I sleep better for it. Well done on the sugar thing. There was a TV programme on recently with celebs giving up sugar and they went through awful withdrawal like from drink really so bear that in mind. You're doing amazing xxx
We LOVE the bake off here. There's about 6 seasons if you can get them on BBC iplayer. Proper feel good TV.
Getting ready to go out for a meal. Shock horror I'm actually putting make up on and trying to look cute for a change!
I wish you all a safe and peaceful weekend xxx
Old 07-09-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hey all checking in. Feeling quite quiet today but keeping up on the posts here.

I will not drink today, no matter what 😊
Old 07-09-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
Happy Saturday! Hope everyone is enjoying the day!!! Not too much on deck for me today. Kind of feeling like a lazy day unfortunately.
I am having a lot of cravings for some reason today, so I am doing the best I can to fight the AV with distractions and staying close to the sight reading.
Went to the pool today and there were some women having some mimosas, etc, and after they offered me one which I didn't take, and then all those thoughts come back that we all know--- maybe I can drink today? What would a few drinks hurt after almost 2 months of no drinking? Can you believe it--- on 7/11 it will be 2 months for me guys!!!!!
But then I think of everything I went thru to get here, the hang over I will have tomorrow, back to Day 1, cuz lets face it I would drink the whole bottle in on day, the nausea etc and it hardly seems worth it.
Not too mention right now it would be a chore to get to the liquor store. To get there I would have to get gas since I am almost on empty, get myself together, and again, hardly seems worth it for what is ultimately going to make me feel like crap. So, Sparkling Ice it is!!!!!
Old 07-09-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hope everyone doing well today...sounds like a lot of rain out there. Things are good here...taking the boys to a 3 year old's birthday party today so that will keep me busy. Wish I was excited about anything in life the way children are...my 2 year old has been excited about the cake all day (hopefully they have some or we will be stopping somewhere ).

Good luck with all of the "quitting" LW...alcohol, caffeine, and sugar all at once...you are brave!!

Hope the night out is/was fun Jo...definitely nice to get dressed up every once in a while and get out of our normal routines.

CG - I'm with you on the not drinking today...can't change the past and tomorrow I will worry about if it gets here.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Yes Eagle. My 8 year old bounds in each morning so excited for each new day. They're truly magic like that when they're young for sure!
Meal out was so lovely and we played cards together with music on when we got back. The little things are so nice....
Enjoy the rest of your weekend mayflies xxx
Old 07-10-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Morning guys and gals. Still hedge cutting sober 71 days today.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Morning Ben Congrats on 71 Days! That's awesome! How've you been? Wondering if you're finding more peace in your sobriety these days. I know you used to make your own ale as a hobby.....ever find another one to replace it with?
Old 07-10-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Running behind for church (8:30 am first service in summer; unholy!), but must check in. Caffeine: always been an issue, usually cut the real stuff with some decaf, but not this morning! Again, 8:30 am...seriously...Sugar: wicked and so addictive; someone on SR has as their signature: Sugar was my first gateway drug! I'm still giving in, and seeing the ravaging effects on my big fat belly...I guess I'd better get dressed now; we only have naked church one night a year, on Hallowe'en...and yes, I'm kidding, as always -- Arp
Old 07-10-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone on this side of the pond. And good morning to the rest of you when you wake up. I think you are all so lucky to live in England.

I haven't given up sugar entirely just having it in smaller amounts and only occasionally.

I'm having problems finding places to put all the detritus of my life. When you go through all of your belongings there's always a pile of random little things that can't easily be organized or categorized. I was always collecting weird little things that I hoped to use in crafts and art projects. I have a bunch of toy soldiers doing yoga poses for example. Maybe I can use a bunch of cigar boxes with labels. Then there's the Lego Simpson's house I'm meaning to put together with my grandchildren someday. It's overwhelming at times.

Take care all.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I'm drunk . ..my girls hate me......my boyfriend hates my girls.......I hate my life.. ...can't lie......
Old 07-10-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
I'm drunk . ..my girls hate me......my boyfriend hates my girls.......I hate my life.. ...can't lie......
I'm sure others can say it more eloquently, but the one thing that came through my mind when I read your post was: "This too shall pass..."

The worst time to solve your problems is in the midst of a drinking episode...hang in there and post as much as you need to. Hopefully you can pour out whatever you have (if there is still any) and get to bed...I am guessing it is close to 10 p.m. where you are.

We're here for you whatever the case may be.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eagle108 View Post
I'm sure others can say it more eloquently, but the one thing that came through my mind when I read your post was: "This too shall pass..."

The worst time to solve your problems is in the midst of a drinking episode...hang in there and post as much as you need to. Hopefully you can pour out whatever you have (if there is still any) and get to bed...I am guessing it is close to 10 p.m. where you are.

We're here for you whatever the case may be.
Thank you Eagle xxx
Old 07-10-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Always here for you, Jo, in all ways that we can! Love and junk -- Arp
Old 07-10-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jo. Many of us have slipped. We are here for you. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

joandmelandhan