Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 07-19-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I get that CG and ARP. .... Last night I came close to going to get a small bottle of vodka, and just not tell anyone. ( wait, what?) But then I thought, Terri, you cant be hung over for your interview today, I hadn't really eaten much all day, and I knew I would drink the whole thing. Instead I watched the Republication Convention and went to bed by 10.
That scares me more then anything, since what is today going to bring? Or the next day? Etc..............

Hang in there-- keep on keepin on. We are all here for you!
Old 07-19-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
I get that CG and ARP. .... Last night I came close to going to get a small bottle of vodka, and just not tell anyone. ( wait, what?) But then I thought, Terri, you cant be hung over for your interview today, I hadn't really eaten much all day, and I knew I would drink the whole thing. Instead I watched the Republication Convention and went to bed by 10. That scares me more then anything, since what is today going to bring? Or the next day? Etc.............. Hang in there-- keep on keepin on. We are all here for you!
thank you, friend 💕
Old 07-19-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi gang. Great to hear from you Flossy, Arp and CG. There's something about high temperatures that do odd things to us I think. Perhaps it's the dehydration or just feeling too damn hot and yuk! Anyway I'm so glad you're all back.....
Camery good luck for the interview. Even if it's not what you want it'll be good experience and a confidence booster.
Had one of those left field days today. My youngest is poorly so I've had an unexpected "work from home" day. I do actually have to work from home and hard. Us accountants are on the clock so I've a timesheet to fill in tomorrow. These have historically been guaranteed drink days but I am so pleased that I haven't been tempted at all. Watching the bf get sozzled on an evening and seeing what my girls see when I drink has really opened my eyes. Don't care if I'm not the prefect mum but I am determined to be a sober one!
Take care all and try to stay cool - can't see sleeping being very easy tonight
Old 07-19-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Yes, good luck, Camery!!

That sounds like a good day, Jo ☺️
Old 07-19-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
I get that CG and ARP. .... Last night I came close to going to get a small bottle of vodka, and just not tell anyone. ( wait, what?) But then I thought, Terri, you cant be hung over for your interview today, I hadn't really eaten much all day, and I knew I would drink the whole thing.
Good luck on the interview Camery and glad you didn't drink and have to deal with the hangover. In AA there is an acronym called HALT which is some common things that can test our sobriety:

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

Glad to see you guys back ARP and CG and great news on continued sobriety from Ben (80 days and counting) and Flossy. Good to see Jo and Camery working through some temptations as well.

Things are going okay here and beginning to feel like I'm settling in to a routine and keeping the wolves away one day at a time. I too liked to drink on a hot day in the summer...but also on a cold day in the winter and the few pleasant days of spring/fall we have here in TX. Guess I'm in the right place being here on SR...
Old 07-19-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flossyteacake View Post
So that's me. Plodding on. Must be past 70 days now, but no idea what number ... If anyone knows anything about kayaking/canoeing (?Simplicity?), feel free to enlighten me.

Keep on keepin' on, y'all.
Congrats on 70+ Days Floss! I'm feeling ya on the making sobriety a "forever thing" and on the thinking about life and what I want out of it....

As far as kayaking vs. canoeing...
I always opted for canoeing with the kids. You can all fit in 1 canoe vs. 2-two man kayaks, and the kids will be able to move about freely with reasonable stability in a canoe vs. being limited to one position in a kayak.....also kayaks can be a little scary if they overturn and you remain stuck in the seat. They do have "sit-on-top" kayaks...but I wouldn't think they would be very forgiving with a lot of movement from the kids.
If its just you and the hubs.....I would definitely recommend kayaking! The hubs and I usually choose kayaking if we're solo. It's always a good time but be prepared to get wet.....water will leak in around the spray skirt. That's all I got, hope it helps
Old 07-19-2016, 09:15 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Still here
Old 07-19-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back ARP and CG - what do you guys think you might do differently this time?

Best wishes Camery

D
Old 07-19-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootiesdad View Post
Hi guys! Still here
Hi tootiesdad how are you doing?
Old 07-20-2016, 01:35 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

CG, Arp - have you read Dee's thread about recovery plans? They're simple, but they work. All wars need a battle plan - equip yourself, soldier!

Camery - eek to kayaking! We're lucky enough to live very close to one of the national parks here, with flat water, so no chance of rapids. There are bull sharks in the water but, hey, this is 'Straya! Everything here is designed to kill you. Good luck with the job situation.

Jo - no high temps here; 'tis the middle of winter. I'm freezing to death in a long-sleeved thermal vest, long sleeve shirt, cardigan and scarf. And very much looking forwards to heading to bed with my electric blanket shortly.

Simplicity - thank you for your thoughts. Canoeing sounds like the better plan for where we're at in life just now. Gives me some things to look out for.

Hi Eagle and TD! And Dee!
Old 07-20-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Still here
Morning...glad you are still with us!

Headed to a marriage therapy session this morning. As part of my sobriety and having some extra time these days I thought it would be a good time to get this going and get a "state of the union." First session last week went pretty well. Luckily the therapist seemed to think we're doing fairly well and just have some basic things we need to work on (most issues revolve around "family roles" and lack of time because of the two kids under 3)...she said give some of our issues another 10 years though untreated and we may find ourselves in a bit more trouble.

It is certainly true that your problems don't end just because you get sober...but much better equipped to deal with them now physically, spiritually, and intellectually/emotionally.

Glad everyone seems to be doing well...Happy Wednesday
Old 07-20-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
Looks like we are all still here! Yeah, glad to "see" everyone!
Interview went well yesterday-- it really felt more like good conversation, and it lasted 2 hours!!!!!!
Next step is to meet with the President of the Bank, and the Board of Directors which will probably be next week.
Relaxing day today for me. The humidity is back in WI, so I pretty much stay indoors when it is like this.
Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!!!!!
--Camery
Old 07-20-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Great job on the interview Camery. New things might be just around the corner.
Flossy I'd have killed for a snuggly chilly night last night it was boiling here!
Eagle you seem to be in a new phase and trying to make the sober life a good one. I aspire to that I really do.
Just waiting to go to my Wed night AA meeting. They're a nice bunch and I always come away motivated to keep going. Take care all
Old 07-20-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Northern Michigan is baking, as well...I'm way too fluffy for 90 degrees and high humidity...most of my elderly clients don't have air conditioning, because, get me a sweater! Gross...

Doing things differently would be a really good idea; let me count the ways while I chain smoke and guzzle decaf in front of the computer; in a serious rut, almost over my head; maybe a brain transplant?

Always great to come here after work, but I do live in an entire house, with several rooms that could use my attention! Okay, prying ass from chair --Arp
Old 07-20-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi tootiesdad how are you doing?
First, thank you for asking jo.
I'm doing OK. Last week was pretty big for me...took my family to the beach for a week without drinking a drop of alcohol. Even played nine holes of golf sober. Both are a first for me since I was mid-teens.

How 'bout you?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

First, thank you for asking jo. I'm doing OK. Last week was pretty big for me...took my family to the beach for a week without drinking a drop of alcohol. Even played nine holes of golf sober. Both are a first for me since I was mid-teens. How 'bout you?
that's amazing- congratulations!!!
Old 07-20-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

First, thank you for asking jo.
I'm doing OK. Last week was pretty big for me...took my family to the beach for a week without drinking a drop of alcohol. Even played nine holes of golf sober. Both are a first for me since I was mid-teens.

How 'bout you?
That sounds really lovely. I was brought up by the seaside and it always makes me feel great being there. I bet the family had a great time too!
I'm doing pretty well after several off-on weeks (day 11 today). Praying I can make it stick and enjoy a sober life (so far its lovely I must admit). We are going on holiday next week (seaside too!) so plenty to keep me busy.
Stay in touch friend it's great hearing how you are
Old 07-21-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Interesting morning so far..... my air went out sometime in the wee hours of the evening--- just stopped working. At 3am I wasn't about to futz around with anything and finally slept. It is the hottest day of the year today and finally got someone to come over and check it out. Just in time for severe weather storms and hail!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Just popping in to say hi. Still sober. But I'm ill no energy and need my bed work today has been very hard work!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Hi guys. Just popping in to say hi. Still sober. But I'm ill no energy and need my bed work today has been very hard work!
Get well soon Ben. I hope the kids don't bounce on the bed when you get there!
Broken up from work now for just over a week. Going down to Brighton next week (my sis lives there). Great not to be dreading time off work for a change. I've already done 2 wash loads and heading off to Home Bargains (cheap household store American chums!) for the holiday toiletry shop. Feeling good! Hopeful it will last a good while!
Take care all