Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 07-21-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Mid-day here and things going ok...making it through the good and the bad sober.

Glad to see you are still making it sober Ben...get some sleep and be well soon. Exciting about the holiday and the time off from work Jo...nice to be able to look forward to a holiday and not dread it thinking that you will do something to ruin everyone's good time. Nice to look forward to that in my future. Great news on the interview Camery...rooting for you but sounds very promising!!

Hope everyone is doing well and glad to see everyone sticking through thick and thin...great to hear from you all CG, Arp, Simplicity, Flossy, et al. Keep taking it one day at a time!!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Yes Eagle through the good and the bad. It's not a magic recipe but at least we will be real and our best selves for coping.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Jo--just watched a movie last night that was filmed in Brighton; that is some serious beachfront property! It looks lovely, have a great vacation...
Old 07-21-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
Jo--just watched a movie last night that was filmed in Brighton; that is some serious beachfront property! It looks lovely, have a great vacation...
Thanks Arp I will!
Old 07-21-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
Was it quadrophenia arp?
Old 07-21-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

I have a funny story about Brighton (self proclaimed gay capital of britan)

Me and my mate. (Pre kid days) decided we would go on an spontaneous camping trip. I didn't drive then but he had a little car it was very girly but we didn't care it was a car. We also at the time for some reason were listening to the Russian fake lesbian twin pop act TatU any way we turned up at the campsite and we're immediately questioned by the lady at the desk about whether or not we had come from the field? What field we thought no idea what she was on about. "I don't mind she says " we still didn't know what she was talking about we got our passes for the camp site and drove around for a while in a little hairdressers car listening to russian lesbian teen pop.. We put our tent up and went out for the night only after we got into the first bar and got talking did we realise that we had accidently visited Brighton on gay pride weekend. We didn't care. But the rest of the night was interesting. Can you imagine 2 guys out in Brighton in a girls car on gay pride weekend having to explain in every bar that not only were we not a couple but that neither of us were gay ha ha. by the end of day 2 we had a pretty good idea of the **** gay people have to put up with from some people. One weekend i will not forget! lmao
Old 07-21-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Too, funny Ben 😝😜

Jo - have a fab vacation!!!👏
Checking in...focusing on one task at a time right now. Picked up some books to look over during hubs absence.

Not letting myself think about the past...today just working on my present...the past makes we want to obliterate my memories and thoughts with the poison...

One day at a time- I will NOT drink today
Old 07-21-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Administrator

next part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html

D