Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 5

Old 12-13-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Eyes relapse is never inevitable...it's sometime hard to remember that but it's true...if you don't want to use, you don't have to

D
You're so very right Dee....however "usage" in my particular case is pretty much inevitable - just the truth of the matter in my personal situation. However when and if that day comes, the trick will be not allowing that to turn to a relapse. Does that make sense? Now by no means do I have the answers on how to handle that yet but it's a reality for me so something I need to keep in mind for the future. I know you have your share of chronic pain yourself and have not fallen down the well so I'm sure it's doable. It's sure going to be a challenge though.

How are my fellow julyers doing? Lumpster, I sure hope you are doing well - I think about you often. Fixy? Petals?

I'm actually feeling a little better. It's almost a relief now that I have a plan in place for the new year and can start to tackle some of my issues. Just need to make it through this month and the holidays. Thinking of you all
Old 12-13-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't understand why it's 'pretty much inevitable' Eyes. Do you have pain issues?

D
Old 12-13-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Unfortunately yes, which is why my addiction is particularly slippery for me.

There are many "what ifs" due to general health issues (though I am running out of organs to remove ) as far as potential surgeries....such as the other half of my thyroid being removed, potential hysterectomy for latest issue, eventually will have to have my bottom teeth removed.

The guarantee though is my knees. Have had issues with them since my late teens and they just continue to deteriorate. I have seen three orthopedic surgeons and they all agree I need double total knee replacements - however have put it off due to being "too young". I've had a couple of scopes and chondroplasties over the years, synvisc shots, cortisone shots, physical therapy - the whole shebang. I currently have to use a cane to get around, and I know the loss of mobility is one of the things that has added to my depression.

As old as I feel sometimes I guess it's nice to be considered young but while I understand the reasoning behind trying to wait as long as possible there comes a point where quality of life has to come in to play. I've been dealing with constant pain for so long....I think anyone with chronic pain can attest to the fact that it affects you mentally as much as it does physically.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've had to deal with similar issues, tho maybe not for the same reasons.
It was very hard for me to adjust, attitude wise, to using a cane too.

What I've had to do, fair or not, is go that extra mile to find pain relief that won;t awaken the sleeping dragon...

for me sometimes it's another non narcotic med, sometimes it's meditation, relaxation techniques or pain surfing (like urge surfing but trying to surf through the pain)

sometimes it's exercise - I realise you're probably as limited as I am with your options but water based therapy has been good for me.

my point is - there's nothing open and shut about pain relief - there's new ideas & strategies coming out all the time...and there's absolutely nothing inevitable about a relapse

D
Old 12-16-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Realising my life

(((((Eyes))))) I'm so sorry that you're having to live with such pain, Eyes I pray that you find a way through this xxx

Petals and Fixy, how you doing? Thinking of you both

It's getting very Christmassy here. Lots of Christmas lights in the town - lovely! :

But for those of you dreading Christmas, it'll be over before you know it!
Old 12-16-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Old 12-16-2014, 09:57 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Everyone why hello :-) I've missed you all so much. Sounds like heaps of health issues going on :-( stay strong! I'm not gonna lie I have been drinking but have not blacked out since leaving Bernie & not touched panadine forte. Ive lost weight & looking great taking my frustration out on the gym I've got the flu but so does rob the guy I'm in a text relationship with lol trying not to fall I'm seeing him tonight he's too complicated and I can't work him out! I look back to Christmas 2 years ago & see how far I've come with everything & I'm so proud & my house looks amazing . Bernies playing mind games but the cops keeping the smile on my face. December has been full of bad luck but I've been strong & proud of it bring on the new year xxxxxxx miss & love you all sorry I've just been so busy have a sober safe happy x mas , & fixy I hope the yoga pants aren't red lol
Old 12-16-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

So glad you are happy kahlia. Good to have you back. Xx
Old 12-18-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hello everyone Merry Christmas Hey lumpy how are you doing. Very Christmassy here also I got my house my yard and my motorcycle decorated with Christmas lights.

I have so much more energy this year .

However I am worried about my mother she went into the hospital last night and is having major back surgery today she should get out a couple days before Christmas if you are a person who prays please pray for my mom.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Prayers coming your mum's way, Fixy

So pleased to see you back, kahlia. I've missed you!

Hope everyone is doing well xxx
Old 12-18-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done everyone
Old 12-19-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all my July Buddies. Here's to a new year of safe and sober
Old 12-19-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

And all the July ladies fixie has mistletoe get ready to smooch.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

One day I am ahead of the wheel the next day it's running over me
Old 12-21-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
One day I am ahead of the wheel the next day it's running over me
You're still going in the right direction, Fixy, and still making progress

Hope everyone is doing well xxx
Old 12-22-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Or MrF - you do make me laugh I love it.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm hanging in there - finally got out and did my Christmas shopping today, so that's off my plate and I can stop worrying. Talk about procrastination.

I'm feeling so much better these days. Even though I haven't started therapy yet - I have made the commitment and I've been too afraid to do even that before. I know it's going to help me. I need it to move forward. Just having more of a plan in place is comforting. So many things have come bubbling to the surface....all the things I pushed down deep inside and covered with the pills. I need help to deal with it - the only coping mechanism I have is those pills. And that is no longer an option for me

I'm also on vacation from work. That certainly helps my mood I hope everyone has/is having a wonderful holiday season. You all are my rock, and wish nothing but the best for all of you.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Busy time here right now so I wanted to wish every one Happy Holidays - stay safe and sober

D
Old 12-22-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Eyes.. hey I started my Christmas shopping today too.
Hope everyone is doing ok.xx
Old 12-22-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Good to know that Christmas is finally underway for Eyes and petals It will be over in a flash, I promise, and we'll be here for most of it, so please feel free to let off steam anytime you need to

Struggling with food here at the moment, but trying hard to push through and every day is a new opportunity to be the person I really want to be. AV is screaming at me, why do it now? New Year is an excellent time to make a new start and everyone overeats at Christmas, it's your duty!!!!! Oh, bog off, AV! I whisper. . . Pah! Today is always the best day to make a new start!

Hope everyone is doing ok. Thinking of you, of course, my little Fixy. Thinking of everyone here and how supportive and accepting you have all been. Thank you so much xxx

And, Eyes, I just saw your post on Steve's thread - I think I love you!
Old 12-23-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hi, Class of July 14- I'm still here. This is the time of year I have tried to quit so many times before, good to still be on the other side despite quite a roller-coaster ride. Hoping you are all doing well and for those with hardships, please know we walk together.

Have a great holiday, whatever you celebrate!