Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 5

Old 11-25-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Sending you tons of love, Fixy

So pleased you're happy, kalia, and your head's in the clouds (but try to keep those feet on the floor for a little while ) See? Didn't we all tell you how lovely you are!!

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx
Old 11-25-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Lovely to hear from you, Eyes, but so sorry that you're struggling. You are showing incredible determination, though, and I am SO proud of you! I'll be sending up prayers that all goes well with your catscan. Surely you have already had more than your fair share of challenges and it's time for some calm waters. I do hope so

The strength and courage that you and Fixy and petals and kahlia are showing is really humbling. I'm facing nothing like the challenges you are - in fact, I feel truly blessed - but I've been struggling to get back on track with no bingeing. It's one hell of a habit to break. I'm on day 3 again at the moment and feel strong today having given my AV a withering lecture at the bread counter in Sainsburys and also turned down the offer of a cream tea!

Hope everyone is having a successful weekend xxx
Thank you HL. Don't be impressed by me though - it's you all that amaze me. Alcohol is so accessible and constantly in your face everywhere. If it were easier to get, I admit I probably would have given in by now. I guess the one time my laziness has come in handy Not that I couldn't find them, I'm sure I could. But it would take some work. For you all that can pass the temptation of the corner store - that is pure will power. Do not cut yourself short!

And as for food - well that's as hard as it gets. You have to eat - no choice there. Which is the equivalent of trying to moderate a DOC - which you know we addicts are not too good at! And I have a relationship with food myself.....it's another thing I turn to comfort for at times without even realizing it. It's so so hard - please don't beat yourself up, you will get where you want to be. Why is it everything we love is so bad for us

Originally Posted by petals View Post
I know what you mean by'undies'.... but I think it means under a year......
It is winter here and one needs to keep ones undies well and truly covered! !!! Hugs to all juliers. And all sr. Xx
I get it now! Haha....that makes sense. Glad you made it through the night - good on you!

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I've been wanting to lose weight but not that way
I'm sorry to hear this MrF - but glad to see you still have your sense of humor throughout this. You are amazing
Old 11-25-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I can really see how people get hooked on these pain meds. Everything is so pretty and relaxing
Old 11-25-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

As long as you're taking them as directed and it's a short term thing you should be ok Mr F.

D
Old 11-25-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I got a bottle of morphine hanging off my IV bag and I just got it squeezes it will trigger
Old 11-26-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Mr f hope you are doing ok.
Kahlia so happy for you.
im on strong antibiotics and pain relief for my ear.... feeling a bit sorry for myself, but I will be ok.
The pill mess with my tummy and makes eating a problem. Which in turns messes with my head. ... im struggling to eat real food. ..just living on chocolate and super strength black coffee.... darn my stupid issues. ......wouldn't be so bad but it's not even helping me to lose weight. ... my slimming class tell me that I don't eat enough and have messed up my metabolism.
Hey. ..trying to be positive. ...I've still got 4 months of no wine!
Hugs to all Juliers. Xxx
Old 11-26-2014, 12:06 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

In all seriousness, try not to get an itchy trigger finger Mr F.
Take care bro

D
Old 11-26-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Up early hard to sleep in hospital vampires wanting blood and stats all night. Should be able to go home this morning.
I'm done feeling sorry for myself
Ready to move on and be positive .
Thanks for being my Friends
Old 11-26-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I've got to gain control over this diabetes it's almost as hard as sobriety. Everyone have a great holiday if you celebrate it
Old 11-27-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
Thanks for being my Friends
So proud to be your friend, Fixy

I do hope you're out of hospital and back home soon.

petals, thinking of you and hoping you feel better very soon too

Eyes, thank you for your lovely encouraging post
Old 11-27-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone had a great day

D
Old 11-28-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Good morning everyone! Just back from an excellent yoga session (hope that cheers you up, Fixy ) and now about to go out in search of Black Friday deals - and lunch!

Hope everyone is doing well xxx
Old 11-30-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Hope everyone is ok. It's a beautiful day here in Dorset.

Fixy, how you doing, my lovely, brave friend?

Petals, Eyes and Kahlia, I hope you're all doing well. So proud of you all

And hello to Dee too!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is well

D
Old 11-30-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

It's awfully quiet here on the juliers. Hope its just that everyone is busy being happy and sober.
Thanks hl and dee
My second course of antibiotics are finally starting to work so should hopefully start to feel a bit better soon.
Food is now a very big issue in my life.
Hopefully I will be able to deal with that later. The main thing is that I have not been drinking. ..hubby starting to irratate with his constant referrals to wine... he wants some and I know that I will struggle with that. .... not really practical to leave the room etc.
I wish that they sold half size bottles. ...the mini one is too small for him at 187 ml... but I don't want a full bottle in our house
..... he will drink 3/4 and leave the rest, kick off if I pour it away, or evenay drink whole bottle and then hes not a nice person. ..... I know it's not for me to tell him what he can and can't do in our home..... also feel I owe him due to my former drinking.
Argh!!!! And darned Christmas is looming.....
Anyway thanks for listening. Xx
Old 11-30-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your husband will come around to being a little more supportive...as you stay sober it might worry you less anyway petals

D
Old 12-02-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I feel I have asked so much from him with my problems that it's not fair to expect him to do what I want. Xx
Old 12-04-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

It's awfully quiet here. .... hope all of the juliers are doing ok. ...hopefully just too busy to post. Xx
Old 12-05-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Hello Julyers! Sorry I've been quiet. I've been a little down but I'm bouncing back now Had another excellent yoga session this morning and that always seems to set me right.

Hope you're feeling better now, petals, and the antibiotics have worked

How you doing, my Fixy? Thinking about you so much

Kahlia and Eyes, hope you're both doing well

Have a great Friday all xxx
Old 12-05-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Hello Julyers! Sorry I've been quiet. I've been a little down but I'm bouncing back now Had another excellent yoga session this morning and that always seems to set me right.

Hope you're feeling better now, petals, and the antibiotics have worked

How you doing, my Fixy? Thinking about you so much

Kahlia and Eyes, hope you're both doing well

Have a great Friday all xxx
Hello lumps don't be in the dumps :-) glad your bouncing back.. Hmm Bouncing around in yoga pants now I'm feeling better ;-)

Sorry I have been away everyone but I have been battling my mind against depression but I'm doing better still sober. Such horrible pain the first few days home I just wanted to give up get drunk stoned whatever but I didn't do it. I just got done walking 2 miles this morning in the cold and I'm getting better at it.