Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 5

Old 01-08-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Aw dee hope you are ok. I did notice that you were missing. Was wondering if you had gone on holiday or something. .. sorry you have been poorly. Xx
We will all be at six months in a matter of a couple of weeks. ...if we're not there yet. Xx
Old 01-09-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Get well soon, Dee. If you got like a day of good health for each of your super positive and impactful posts, you'd probably be pretty darn close to immortal.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish Steve - but thanks

D
Old 01-11-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Realising my life

So sorry you've not been well, Dee, but good to see you back You are always missed when you're not here

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping up with sobriety and their fabulous milestones. I've just passed a very mini non-bingeing milestone of 2 weeks and I'm happy with that. A very dear friend of my family, who was aged 101, died last week. Her funeral is tomorrow and we have an extremely long day in prospect as we'll be travelling halfway across England and back. I'm so pleased that my partner is coming with me for support - he's been brilliant and I appreciate just how lucky I am to have him.

Take care everyone xxx
Old 01-12-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Thanks everyone for there wishes and congradulations on all milestones!!! hope everyone gets better we have flus, ears, toes and now my tummy that's sick lol. the cop and I are seeing each other again but my heart is locked away!!! life is slowly getting back on track!!! busters happy that's my main priority :-)
Old 01-14-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Tread softly, kahlia, and make sure that cop deserves your heart before even thinking of unlocking it

Hope everyone is doing well. It was a long treck 'up north' and back, but I'm so glad we went to the funeral. It was a simple but extremely touching service and my sister and her husband were there and it was great to see them. I had my partner on one side and my sister on the other, both squeezing my hands at the sad bits, so I felt truly supported. And all the train connections worked - on a Monday in winter that alone is a miracle!

I'm on 18 days of no bingeing today and have survived illness, a funeral and an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet so I'm feeling pretty strong (but nowhere near complacent) at the moment. Now it's time to start the New Year's resolution of more exercise. I asked for jogging equipment for Christmas and everything is still pristine in its box. I haven't even managed a relaxing yoga class yet! Hey Ho.

Shout out for Fixy! How you doing, my wee mate? How's that butt of yours this year?

Have a good Wednesday all xxxx
Old 01-14-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

hugs Headlump.xx
Old 01-14-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hi all

Been away a bit....suffering from this endometriosis (potentially) and have just been in so much pain. First appointment I could get with the doctor was Feb 24th - ugh. I have been bounced back and forth between doctors and the pain is just getting worse. I am happy to report I have made it through with ibuprofen, rest, and heat (sometimes from a heating pad and other times in the form of a warm kitty curled up on my side...they are like wonderful little space heaters). It's starting to give a bit, so I should have a couple weeks before it gets severe again.

HL - I am very sorry for your loss But 101 - wow! My great aunt lived to 96, and was still living on her own until about a year before she passed. She was amazing, still working (oddly enough at a nursing home) until she was 88! Never married, her parents came here from Italy and she stayed home to take care of her mom. Walked down to church everyday. It's wonderful to see a life so well lived out, so I hope you were able to celebrate their life - even through the grief. So happy your hubby and sister were supportive and there for you. The whole thing, the perfect storm for a relapse and you made it through. You are so strong and as always, inspirational!

Dee - I think I read you had a tooth issue? No lie, I almost died due to an infected tooth. I was in my early 20's, and needed to get a root canal. Everyone told me they were wonderful - no more pain. Well, mine got infected with a rare infection (of course, weird things always happen to me). By the time they realized they had me on the wrong antibiotics it was too late. The problem is the swelling - in the head there is not much room to go. It was a bottom tooth, so the swelling was about to cut off my throat! When I got to the endo, it was so bad he sliced my cheek to try to relieve it to no avail. I wound up in the hospital on IV antibiotics. It was crazy - I honestly didn't realize how bad it was at the time - I kept thinking, it's just a tooth! I saw my PCP after and she told me, you realized you could have died, don't you? I didn't! So I get so nervous now when someone tells me they have an infected tooth - as I know how dangerous (and painful) it can be. Glad you are feeling better

Petals - I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain. Boy do I understand being sick of being sick! It takes a toll emotionally as much as it does physically. I hope you are feeling better soon! How's your furbaby? I am such an animal lover, my pets are my children so I know how hard it is. I have loved all my babies, but had one cat that I had such a special connection with - I can't even explain it. When I had to put her down I took so many pills to cope that I'm shocked I'm still here. I thought it would help....it didn't. And she wouldn't have wanted that. Sending good thoughts your way

Steve - how are you doing? Hanging in there? Hope you are doing well! Anything new and exciting going on in your life?

Kahlia - so good to see you here. I agree with HL, tread carefully. Matters of the heart are so tricky, aren't they? You deserve the best, just hang in there! Glad to hear Buster is doing well!

Ok, time to find my heating pad and lay down. Just wanted to pop in and send a big hug to all!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Realising my life

(((((Eyes))))) I'm so, so sorry that you're in so much pain. I know from my lovely Welsh mum, who had MS, just how debilitating constant pain can be. I do hope it eases soon But to go through that without resorting to 'strong' medication is amazing. I think you're the inspirational one my friend. I'm so proud of you!

All is fine in LumpLand. I was well enough to go to yoga yesterday (my first class for 4 weeks, boy, am I going to pay for this! ) and I'm up early today to go to work. I'm on day 21!!!! Yippeeee!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Fixy, I hope you're ok and the flu has gone?
Old 01-17-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hey, friends!

Well, this is pretty much now my SR hub. I hope you each don't mind . I owe this to the outreach and connection forged by HeadLump and Eyes in the thread I made in the Newcomers forum (even though it was made in October 2014 and not July 2014), so an extra special thank you to those two. And of course a thank you to Dee who was a consistent voice of encouragement between my daily-log posts (I probably should have predicted that he'd be a regular in this thread as well, given his ever-present friendliness).

Eyes- I can't even imagine how rough it has been. My heart remains with you. I wish you didn't have to experience any physical pain. Like HeadLump said, the fact that you have remained free from strong medication is a sincere testament to your willpower, but it also really really sucks how rough that makes your experience compared to most others with a similar ailment. I am really hopeful that a doctor's availability happens to open up and the pain subsides very soon. I look forward to you stripping off some of these external pressures that just seem like added unnecessary misfortune. You rock too hard for such nonsense.

HeadLump- I offer you my sincere condolences for your loss. I hope that you're always smiling when reflecting on your friend's life. I am also happy to hear about the connections that you have with your family and how they have been very positive through her passing. Way to maintain strength and keep the days ticking away even with all those triggers.. goodness. The energy that you exude really does so often bring a smile to my face .

Dee- I wish you the best of health as always. I hope each day has been better than the last. You're great.

Kahlia- I know that we don't know each other well, but I very much wish you the best with the trials that you are currently enduring. You sound like a very open and reflective person; I imagine that such traits are very beneficial when dealing with any type of a change in connection with someone else, especially a partner.

Petals- I know that we also don't know each other well, but know that I am extremely impressed with your continued work to get to six months sober and beyond! That is too cool. I hope your cat has been very healthy and comfortable.

To every other frequenter of this thread- Hi, I'm Steve. I might not know you. But if I had to guess, I'd guess that you're pretty darn cool. Stay groovy.

And, Eyes, I've been solid, thank you! I've still been constantly learning about what's working for me regarding my eating habits and tweaking my approach as a result. Even though it is still an incredibly powerful force in my mind, I have still kept myself under strict control, which is pretty neat. I still have a lot of mental and emotional growth ahead of me, but I'll keep at it!

Take care, my friends.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good now Eyes and Steve...it was heading to dangerous, but extraction and 2 courses of antibiotics seem to have done the trick

D
Old 01-18-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Realising my life

So pleased you're part of our July class, Steve. It's brilliant to have you with us

Glad you're on the mend, Dee

Fixy, I've mentioned your butt and have hinted at yoga pants, but still haven't heard from you I do hope you're doing well, my friend

Lovely day out walking in the forest today. Hope everyone else has had a good Sunday xxx
Old 01-18-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi guys my fur baby has had more blood test's. Nothing conclusive but seems to be suffering with stress! So far a very expensive diagnosis. ... thought it was dogs that took after their owners..... seems that so do cats! Dee glad you're feeling better.
Steve pleased to meet you.
Hope mr f is ok.xx
Kahlia. .. hi...how's things?
Hl... I love your post's.
To everyone else well done....this is our 6 months! Hope all is going well.
Went fishing yesterday with mr petals... had to make a hole in the ice before he could begin! !! I was too cold to even get my book out....was hoping to read some more about rr.
Oh well maybe next time.
Xx
Old 01-21-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Steve, we're so happy to have you! I kind of like our little place here....I feel safe to say whatever I need to with this group. And kind of out of the limelight....our little home

HL - I'm sorry to hear your mom has MS - but being lovely and Welsh I'm sure she's a fighter I think the Welsh in me is my strong part! You know, I've been thinking lately how much I would love to go back to England...really enjoy it. I was 9, 12, and 15 when I went. Would be nice to go as an adult, you know? We stopped the family vacations after my mom's mom passed....I think she just couldn't handle it. Then her brother passed (alcohol related - boy did he drink). So all the family we have left is my aunt, and two cousins. Makes me sad for her. One of my cousins and his wife came here to visit - so to return the favor perhaps I should go with them! Would be so nice to see all that scenery again and truly appreciate it. At those ages I could not.

petals - yes, cats sure do take after their owners! Sorry kitty is stressed - I hope that is all it is and they can manage that. They can also be expensive, but think my babies are worth every penny

Haven't seen MrF in a while - hope all is going well. Was listening to the Heroin Diaries today and thought of you So glad you told me about it....great album, great book too. Really helped.

Dee - glad to here the tooth is ok. Like I said, I get nervous. You wouldn't think a tooth could cause serious medical issues - but it sure can! Infection wise anyway.

Nothing new here - same old same old. My gosh, I live such a boring life!

Hope everyone keeps trucking along
Old 01-22-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sadly, Eyes, I lost my mum in 1985 but still think of her and miss her every day. I was very lucky to have her as my mum

If you do come to England, I'll show you the Dorset coast. I'm still taken aback by how beautiful it is. . . . You could return the favour by showing me Boston in the Fall - I'm not quite sure there is anywhere here to compete with that!

Petals, I hope your furbaby is feeling better and less stressed and is getting lots of cuddles

Hope all is well with you, Steve, and that your sobriety is continuing in earnest. I'm well into week 4 now and feeling lighter both physically and psychologically

Kahlia, hope you're looking after that heart of yours and showing your cop who's boss

Fixy, please update when you can. I miss you xxx
Old 01-23-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Hi everyone well wiggum is back in my bad books lol I call him cheif wiggum cause he lives in Springfield lol no robo cop here lol just brought my stepdads proper bed for his b day it gets delivered tomoz.i love you all as you know & hi Steve welcome to the group. Where I've moved is so dodgy I'm about to grab a knife I'm that scared lol life is slowly coming along I crashed my car into a concrete slab lol whilst taking mum for a stress test cause she had a heart attack she's fine I'm so cranky got 2 great (ugly) guys that like me yet wiggums a fool lol been bleeding for 16 days now cause I went off & back on contraception no wonder the bastard didn't wanna come over lol. How's my eyes fixy petals lumpy dee & all the other wonderful ppl doing xxxxxxx?
Old 01-23-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Kahlia - I hope the recovery stuff is still going ok?

D
Old 01-23-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hello everyone I'm here.
yoga pants ? I wanna see

I had a little bit of a relapse my mother's been real sick I've been visiting her I'm really worried for her. Very happy I took her on the cruise last year.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Where my Mother lives you don't have to go to bottle shop for booze they sell it at gas stations and Walmart makes it easy to slip.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry your mums poorly Mr F - but think about it - how will you drinking and almost certainly getting sick again help her, man?

D