Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 4

Old 09-01-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lulu212 View Post
Morning all! It's beginning of day 15 for me ... Can't believe I made it 15 days after years of never being sober for this long. I'm quite proud of myself.

I'm even prouder that I've been following a low-carb diet the last few days - the pasta and sugar was beginning to become a problem, so I'll deal with the withdrawal from carbs while I try to get myself back on the horse, exercising and eating relatively healthy. With 35lbs gained in just 2 years from drinking, I've a long way to go ...

Have a good day everyone!
LuLu, I plan to do low carb starting today, too. I am on Day 17, and the weight is not melting off like I thought it might. Of course the ice cream and sweets have not helped at all. I am going to try to eliminate all grain and sugar products for a week - - only sugar-free popsicles for treats....
Old 09-01-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good morning! My has the august army grown! Welcome back cutengay, great job catching it early and getting back on the good foot. Welcome to the family 4llson!

Enjoy your holiday team, keep checking in. Love and hugs!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
LuLu, I plan to do low carb starting today, too. I am on Day 17, and the weight is not melting off like I thought it might. Of course the ice cream and sweets have not helped at all. I am going to try to eliminate all grain and sugar products for a week - - only sugar-free popsicles for treats....
Same here Scooter. Strict calorie controlled diet from Monday to Saturday with Sunday being my cheat day.

So far I haven't lost any weight but I am not bloated anymore
Old 09-01-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Back on the bus, Cute, and well done for making it quick.
What triggered you?

Happy Labor Day, USA. My two kids are only heading to preschool starting next week but I sense all the stress for teachers and kiddos going back tomorrow. Good luck, all.

I need to hop back on the running wagon, too. I'm feeling a little bored and complacent with today in general and need to make sure I steer clear of hubby's pumpkin ale.

Day 14. TX I'm thinking of you, sober date buddy. Cristina how are you doing?

We have so many members it's hard to keep up!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Same here Scooter. Strict calorie controlled diet from Monday to Saturday with Sunday being my cheat day.
On low carb I was always so afraid of knocking myself out of ketosis! And then backtracking. To the point, I didn't eat carbs for like a year. My family intervened.
I have an addictive personality!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sober808 View Post
Well done AppleKat and Kbn...Hang in there 1step. It WAS a lot of work to get to 28 days. I threw it all away on 2 vodka crans at an Anniversary party of 700. As addicts we are black or white/all or none. Sadly I am on Sierra Nevada number 2 and it's 8am. Please A-Team if AV comes knocking please think of the effort you put in this battle no one gets unless they are in "It"!
The feeling of letting yourself down, regret...remorse. So stay strong and I hope this will make the ones on the edge to think again please!!!
Aloha all
How are you doing today sober808?
Old 09-01-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Congrats Cute for stopping before it became a five-day bender.

I am restless this morning. My local YMCA is closed; I do not like going to the beach on a holiday when it is packed with families and kids; I prefer the peaceful midweek days, especially now with the kids back at school. I do not want to go for a ride off-Cape as the traffic leaving will be a nightmare. I do not want to stay home all day.

The family birthday party I went to yesterday was fun; the only alcoholic drinks were Corona and the smirnoff flavored drinks, so I was not in the least tempted. Except for an occasional frozen Margarita when out with a group of friends, the only thing I drank for at least twenty years was either white zinfindel or Miller Lite beer. I actually have a wine rack with at least ten bottles of red and white wines that I have gotten at different wineries to have on hand for company. I am never tempted. I have driven drunk to a store to get more beer or white zin with the red and white in my wine rack. Weird, huh?
Old 09-01-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GraceCathedral View Post
Great posts, great energy folks! As the "Class of September 2014" begins to form, and the class is no longer 'new' lets embrace the culture which has developed and commit to supporting one another with passion, purpose, and unconditional acceptance.

I just love this. I'm with you. Let's do this.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I am so glad I found this site and am part of the August 2014 class. Your posts have made me realize that I need to change my priorities and be more active in staying away from alcohol. I am motivated!! Thank you!
Old 09-01-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I'm good Applekat. You're sweet to ask.

Football has begun so that's mostly what keeps my family busy during the weekend. We bleed orange here in Austin. Hook 'em.

Happy Labor Day.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
Just checking in. Glad to hear you are battling away the ups and downs. I have not drunk today which is day 17ish. I had 2 beers and a bottle of wine this month. My local liqour store will be down about $250 for august I reckon.
No urge to drink today just struggling with depression/loneliness/homesickness. I might need to make time for a run tomorrow often helps.
Night All
Old 09-01-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Grrr. I am a real rat bag today! Boss had wound me up and generally annoyed me all day. I could shout at him, seriously, but have decided to go for a walk instead. I am no where near a drink but dealing with bs is hard now I don't have the default old option of the bottle. He would still be there anyway if I did hot the bottle.

Need a meeting tonight me thinks

Stay strong everyone
Old 09-01-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GraceCathedral View Post
Great posts, great energy folks!

As the "Class of September 2014" begins to form, and the class is no longer 'new' lets embrace the culture which has developed and commit to supporting one another with passion, purpose, and unconditional acceptance.
I commit! I think we are so much stronger together! We are all so different, yet alcohol has affected us in similar ways. I think the healing in our lives will be similar as well. It's so much easier to recognize something within myself when I see it reflected in someone else's post.
Thanks you!

Go #TeamAugust!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Wow, restless, and you are about 250 up and when you spend it, you'll remember the evening! Now that we can hear our own voice instead of the AV, our minds will become more comfortable to live inside. Good thinking on the excersise!

London, nice way to handle it! You are right, he'd still be there if you drank and you would only make yourself miserable. Totally impressive.

Rah, great news! Your life will only be the better for it

4llison, I can see my addiction in other areas of my life, too. I am part of a "healthy goals" support group IRL, and I have been staying away from extreme challenges. I tend to take the extreme challenge, raise you one, and go right off the deep end. So I'm working on balancing things out. Like taking a vitamin everyday, and finding 10 beautiful new places to practice photography, etc. I'm going all out with no drinking, though!

Looking forward to today! I have nothing planned. The laundry is done, the kids rooms are organized, and I've cooked for the next few days already. I'm so used to making plans and being too hung over to carry them out that I didn't even realize the progress I was making. Love it! Have a great day!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Congrats Cute for stopping before it became a five-day bender.

I am restless this morning. My local YMCA is closed; I do not like going to the beach on a holiday when it is packed with families and kids; I prefer the peaceful midweek days, especially now with the kids back at school. I do not want to go for a ride off-Cape as the traffic leaving will be a nightmare. I do not want to stay home all day.

The family birthday party I went to yesterday was fun; the only alcoholic drinks were Corona and the smirnoff flavored drinks, so I was not in the least tempted. Except for an occasional frozen Margarita when out with a group of friends, the only thing I drank for at least twenty years was either white zinfindel or Miller Lite beer. I actually have a wine rack with at least ten bottles of red and white wines that I have gotten at different wineries to have on hand for company. I am never tempted. I have driven drunk to a store to get more beer or white zin with the red and white in my wine rack. Weird, huh?
Same here. I have a small bar of spirits at home that I have no interest of drinking. But if there is white wine or sparkling wine in the house , it makes me very nervous. I guess we all have our different triggers but what we have in common is that we struggle not to drink
Old 09-01-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Grrr. I am a real rat bag today! Boss had wound me up and generally annoyed me all day. I could shout at him, seriously, but have decided to go for a walk instead. I am no where near a drink but dealing with bs is hard now I don't have the default old option of the bottle. He would still be there anyway if I did hot the bottle.

Need a meeting tonight me thinks

Stay strong everyone
Very inspiring sthlondon. That's how I would like to deal with my issues too.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Choobie View Post
Wow, restless, and you are about 250 up and when you spend it, you'll remember the evening! Now that we can hear our own voice instead of the AV, our minds will become more comfortable to live inside. Good thinking on the excersise!

London, nice way to handle it! You are right, he'd still be there if you drank and you would only make yourself miserable. Totally impressive.

Rah, great news! Your life will only be the better for it

4llison, I can see my addiction in other areas of my life, too. I am part of a "healthy goals" support group IRL, and I have been staying away from extreme challenges. I tend to take the extreme challenge, raise you one, and go right off the deep end. So I'm working on balancing things out. Like taking a vitamin everyday, and finding 10 beautiful new places to practice photography, etc. I'm going all out with no drinking, though!

Looking forward to today! I have nothing planned. The laundry is done, the kids rooms are organized, and I've cooked for the next few days already. I'm so used to making plans and being too hung over to carry them out that I didn't even realize the progress I was making. Love it! Have a great day!
Choobie I have been so productive since giving up the drink. Today I cleaned my house, went for a run, mowed my lawn and lots more. I am planning to take my son to the movies this afternoon too. Would have never done that in the past. Midday was the time for me to uncork my wine and then life stopped
Old 09-01-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by restlessanon View Post
Hey guys,
Just checking in. Glad to hear you are battling away the ups and downs. I have not drunk today which is day 17ish. I had 2 beers and a bottle of wine this month. My local liqour store will be down about $250 for august I reckon.
No urge to drink today just struggling with depression/loneliness/homesickness. I might need to make time for a run tomorrow often helps.
Night All
Running helps me. Goodnight

I think I save about $270 a month plus.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

My poor neighborhood convenience store will probably go out of business. I haven't been there all month.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lulu212 View Post
Morning all! It's beginning of day 15 for me ... Can't believe I made it 15 days after years of never being sober for this long. I'm quite proud of myself.
Right there with you Lulu. Virtual high five!