Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 15

Old 10-31-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys. I've had my first treatment this am and I broke down again. The technician said that she understood it was hard but that most patients are motivated to carry on to "get better." I felt a bit chided that I, by inference, was not motivated. I am, but this seems cruel. I guess I didn't endear myself to the tech when I likened it to the old days of shock treatment without an anaesthetic. She didn't like that, but I couldn't refrain from expressing my distress.

In other news...! Big scandal erupting here in Toronto regarding a popular radio host and allegations of violent sexual aggression masquerading as consensual bdsm. He was fired on Sunday. The news is abuzz, everyone's talking about it. It makes me sick, I was a fan, not any longer.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Leshar,
Has the Tech ever tried it?
Even cops gets sprayed with peper spray to understand the effects.

I was online applying for a job and got a phone call before I even shut the computer down.
Looks like I might have an interview next week if things work out. It's a step down from Engineer and only a machinist job,but good pay and day shift.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Bob, I didn't ask, good idea, I will.

That's great news about your interview! Please keep us posted.

I spoke to the psych this aft, after I broke down again and had to abandon the second session. I was crying out in pain and I asked the tech to stop. The doc said that he would order a ramping down of the intensity, that I was being pushed too hard. He said that if I'm emotionally distressed that this negates the potential benefits of the treatment. I was cringing in fear every time I heard the pulse getting ready to be delivered. Honestly, it was torture. I will go next week and just keep trying to persevere.

I've gone out alone to a restaurant as I'm not into Halloween and want to avoid the kids.
Hope everyone is having a good Halloween. Going to see Gone Girl after dinner.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

More late, but I've heard Gone Girl is good, just watch out for heaps of swearing and raunchy sex scenes.

Let me know if you think it was too much?
Old 10-31-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you spoke up Leshar

D
Old 10-31-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Leshar and hello everybody
Old 10-31-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Croissant, I didn't think much of Gone Girl, the actress who played the wife wasn't very good in my opinion, and it was a silly plot with a very strange ending. But everyone has his or her own taste, I suppose. I was struggling to stay awake, only slept about 4 hours last night.
I hope you're doing well and that your business is going well.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Croissant, I didn't think much of Gone Girl, the actress who played the wife wasn't very good in my opinion, and it was a silly plot with a very strange ending. But everyone has his or her own taste, I suppose. I was struggling to stay awake, only slept about 4 hours last night.
I hope you're doing well and that your business is going well.
Oh thanks for the update, then I won't go see it.

Sorry the treatment went so traumatically. You still have some pep to stand up for yourself, that's a good sign, right?

Now....I worry you will think there's no more options. I've been reading up on health and am looking at trialling some amino acids to improve mood. I think for me, personally food has a lot to answer for. And since I went on the whole 30 back in August, I noticed the impact of reintroducing foods like wheat and dairy.

I'm really approaching my health and what I eat as very central at this stage of my recovery. I was very healthy before drinking became a problem, so I need to account for the way alcohol has ravaged my body and brain.

Re my business...well, I have somehow had the universe embrace me at the moment and have another chunk of work come to my lap with just a good word from a current client. I was getting to the end of a current chunk of work, and holding off my anxious feelings and trusting things would work out helped.

I've hit a nice groove. Thanks be to the universe...even little things that would **** me off once, well, I may cuss - but then it's over mostly. The amino acids I'm going to try are more to help with hormone fluctuations that make me irritable. The rest of the month I'm pretty good.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

That's good news about your business, Croissant. I'm glad you sound to be in a good place.
Please let us know more about the amino acid trials.

Remembering all the brave Australian and New Zealand military who fought valiantly and gave their lives in both wars. There was an article on the radio about it today.

Wicked headache, I'm pretty tired of it.

Dee, I love the Cookie/Dali pic!!

Last edited by Leshar; 11-01-2014 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-01-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hello all and Happy November -

Stayed home last night. Only had five groups of kids come to the door, which is fine by me. Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays - even if I was still drinking and went to a party, it just never seemed much fun, and I couldn't wait to be home in my pjs. Yes, I am the Grinch of Halloween!

Going to a surprise birthday party today - have to make deviled eggs (by request but no surprise - I always get asked to make them.) I haven't made them since my surgery. Hopefully I'll be able to peel them!
This party will probably be my biggest challenge since returning here. People will be there who I've "partied" with since high school (hate the use of the word party as a verb, but it applies here, ugh!) But the birthday girl isn't much of a drinker, and my sister will be there and has already told me she won't be drinking, so I'll have some sober buddies there. Oh and of course my BF will be there, and he won't be drinking. So I'm positive I'll make it through...

Take care, my Julyers!

NCG
Old 11-01-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Leshar you sound better! I'm glad you spoke up about your treatments.

Yes Crois let us know how it goes with the amino acids. I'm a believer in vitamin supplements - I think there's a book out there about using vitamins as a key part of recovery. I know I can tell if I miss taking my vitamins; my emotions are less level on those days.

Off to start the day...

NCG

(Has anyone heard from our Snoozy? Missing her upbeat posts - I guess she's still moving)
Old 11-01-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

All the best at your party NCG. I was thinking about you today wrt your recovery post surgery. I do hope you are progressing and that you aren't in too much discomfort.
Yes , I miss Snoozy too. I hope she's ok.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Well back from the party. Very nice and low key, the birthday girl was surprised. Had sparkling water. Thankfully I found out the fancy decanter with blueberry lemonade also had vodka mixed in before I tried it!!

Home now and in my sweats with a cup of herb tea. Ahhhh!

Hope you all have a nice evening -

NCG
Old 11-01-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Glad you navigated the party successfully, NCG.

Yeah, I think Snooz has a lot on. Sometimes it's hard to get posts in.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

I Hellooooooo my darling Julyers :-))))

I'm baaaaaackkkk , I've thought about you all every day and would love to have posted, but I've had no internet . It's supposed to be active tomorrow the 3rd but it seems to be on now , yipppeeeer ;-)))))))

We are all moved in and settled and we are absolutely loving it here back in our own house
I'm going to catch up with your posts , I hope there's lots of goss. It was Our 7th wedding anniversary yesterday so we treated ourselves to the cinema to see GONE GIRL ! I hated it . Seemed to take forever to get anywhere and when it did , it wasn't worth waiting for !

We never go out ! I would rather have wTched a Tom Cruise movie

Loved sitting next to an old man on my right when those sex scenes came on ... Not !!! Ye gads I was cringing in my seat . I only like sitting at the end of the aisle but it was a full house .
Love yooooooos all , back later xxx

Massive hugs xxx
Old 11-02-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Snoozy

my sig seems to be a favorite with everyone Leshar LOL.
I'm glad ANZAC troops are international news...the centenary of the first troop ships leaving Australia was November 1.

glad the party was low key NCG

D
Old 11-02-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

It's going to be a windy cold, rainy Sunday here. Even some snow and power outage is possible.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from you, Snoozy. I didn't much like Gone Girl either. It was weird, eh?
I'm happy to hear that you're settling in.

Heading back to the city this evening. Bad headache still. I'll do my best this week. But I will not accept pain, that's ridiculous. These research docs, honestly, sometimes I think that patients are a nuisance to them!!
Glad you had a good time at your party, NCG.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Administrator

you tell 'em Leshar

hey Bob - take care out there...hope the power stays on

D
Old 11-03-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to check in and say Hello Been very busy and stressful here as we are getting ready to move into a new house in 2 weeks and our little one is due in 5 weeks. Crazy timing, huh? Just hopes she waits until we get moved and get the baby stuff set up! Last week she was still in breech position so if she is still breech next week they want to schedule a version procedure (where Drs try to manual turn her) or c section for week 39. Ugh, really hope she turns on her own so I don't have to go that route.

Anyway, was thinking the other day that this will be the first move where I haven't drank my way through it. Drinking while packing/unpacking used to be more fun (or so I thought). I never really got a whole lot accomplished and then I'd forget where I put things lol.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Snoozy, glad you are all moved and settled. Leshar, thinking of you while you go through your treatments and hoping it gets less painful/more helpful. Bob, good luck on your interview! Hi Croissant, NCG, Dee and everyone else