100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Grateful for hair mousse! My hair is one of those things that I am allowed to control.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for libraries, I'm grateful for crock pots, I'm grateful for pumpkins and the wonderful things that a little pumpkin puree will do for pancakes.

I'm also grateful that no matter what I'm going through in life, there is always someone, somewhere that has felt the way that I feel.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Grateful for afternoon naps.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

My happy today was having a homemade hand pie at a cafe today. Nom nom nom!!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Grateful for the smell of fresh cut grass.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Grateful for being productive this weekend. Grateful for the inner strength.

Grateful for squirrels, starlings, and bike rides.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

So far behind!

#40 - Loving my alone time at the office!!! So much easier to catch up yet at a much more relaxed pace; nice to be able to breathe without all the negativity of others around me, clogging up my Happy.

#41 - The beach at night with friends, what a soothing place to be, even if I did stay out too late!

#42 - Kids yoga classes - DD just started & is already learning so much. It'll be great to practice together at home now that she's had space to do some lessons on her own too.

#43 - Naps! It's become my every-Sunday thing, lol!

#44 - The changing season - even if it's early & even if it's still hot as ever here in SFL, both DD & I could smell fall in the air this morning. Just a bit - like a whisper in the air..... I can't wait!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I am behind too!

#4...Grateful for fall fairs. Took my kids to the fair with friends on Friday, was grateful to see everyone and have a nice time outdoors!

#5...Grateful for my house. It's not fancy at all. However, it's mine. It keeps a roof over our heads and I got to spend a lot of time home over the weekend and that was a blessing.

#6...Even though I am tired, I am grateful I have a job to come to on Monday morning.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Grateful for the guys all pitching in to clean the living room. It was starting to look like a Lego tipped warhead had exploded in there.
Grateful I was able to pick up some extra hours at work.
Grateful for homemade lasagne. It's even better the second day for breakfast. DS5 helped me roll out the noodles.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I am so thankful that my babysitter is the bees knees! My kids adore her and she adores kids, she is on time and communicates about everything. I really lucked out.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Grateful for DS12 who as of tomorrow will be DS13. We had a little party for him tonight b/c I'm working tomorrow. He wanted taco pizza and cherry pie and root beer floats, so that's what we had.
Fun, relaxed night in with the guys, cartoons and junk food and an impromptu wrestling match. Good times.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

#7.....Today I am thankful for my car. I had my purse sitting on the floor of the drivers side at lunch as I was driving and my phone was in there. I felt a vibration and was scared something was wrong w/my car. Nope, just my phone buzzing. So...I am thankful that I have a car to drive my million errands in!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

#45 - Grateful for blessings in disguise. This morning started off rocky - feeling awful since midday yesterday with some kind of intestinal virus & then this morning my van is dead, dead, dead as a doornail..... and of course, RAH leaves for work 2 hrs before me. My mom rushed DD to school & I ended up with a super easy work-at-home day that, now, I can clearly see.... I *very much* needed.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow, FireSprite!

Today, I was out and about with my girls and a really nice man held open a door for us thinking that we were going into the store that he was leaving - but we weren't - but it was just such a nice gesture.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Grateful my son got himself out of bed and showered to go have breakfast with a friend before school. He's started using his iPod as an alarm clock, which means no more annoying mom nagging him out of bed in the morning; it's win-win.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

#46 - Feeling better, slowly but surely!

Grateful & happy today that DD shared how she made a really responsible decision yesterday at school. She had expressed some minor anxiety in the morning about how keeping up with her enhancements (=gifted classes #firstworldproblems, I know) sometimes means missing important lessons in her regular classes & how it was getting harder to just learn it all independently as each year has passed/the curriculum has become more challenging.

I always remind her that gifted is a choice not a requirement & that she can opt out at any time.... but in lieu of that, she just needed to keep her eyes & ears open for opportunities to help. And to remember that she IS going to have to work harder at it all around, there's no taking that away. We joked that short of getting our hands on Hermione's Time Turner from the 3rd Harry Potter book, there was simply no way for her to be in 2 places at the same time, taking both classes.

So yesterday when she had a free period during her enhancements she asked to go back to her regular math class instead so she could sit in on the review lesson before today's big test. She said she was nervous about the test until she did that & now she feels totally prepared. Parenting Success!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

So, I fell away from working on my "happy"...have to get back to it...so...

Happy that is is officially Autumn! My FAVORITE season - I love everything about it - the smell & crispness of the air, the colors all around, cool temperatures that are great for being outdoors, warm beverages (hello pumpkin spice latte!), fall flowers, Halloween decorations, etc., etc. LOVE it!

Happy to have spoken my truth to someone that violated my trust recently...maybe they didn't see it that way, but it's my trust and it was violated and that is my truth.

Happy my niece finally has her surgery date and it will be at the local hospital rather than half the country away so I can visit and help.

Happy for some highly productive catch-up days at work.

Happy to have made it to the membership night at a local community women's group...I need to get out more and I had a good time.

Happy to come here and read all the happy/grateful moments of your lives, so many of your posts put a big smile on my face!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Grateful that if I *had* to have a stomach virus, at least it was the kind that helped me lose a few stubborn pounds & at least my pants fit better this morning, lmao!!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

#8....Grateful that I got my student loan payment back down. It reset into this crazy amount and even though I will be paying it until I am dead, at least it is in payments I can afford.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Grateful for thinking and taking care of my health. Grateful for the cooler weather and that I can take my walks again.