Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 25

Old 08-24-2023, 03:46 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Good morning all
Old 08-24-2023, 05:46 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Chloe - I was very young myself, born in '64, but there are some memories that are still stuck in my brain about life in IL.

Purps- Snoop was very cool! Had a lot of guests attended to by medics from heat related issues, and a fair amount of ejections for fighting, but we always manage to make it through the evening.

Hopefully my coffee's done brewing cuz I'm in major need today!
Old 08-24-2023, 05:46 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning all!

Off to begin my work week later today. Got lots done and had some positive adventures on my days off.

Best wishes all!
Old 08-24-2023, 08:09 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

My mom really annoyed me this morning. I was all set to get to do laundry and ding dong mother lost the i measly thing of quarters so I can't do the laundry. She can be such an idiot sometimes. She's like, do you want to go to the bank at 10 and get more quarters? I got up at 7 to do laundry and I am so pissed at her right now. As if laundry isn't a pain in the tail anyway, I get a mother who makes my life worse. She is so selfish and awful sometimes. God give me patience.
Grateful my group was great yesterday. I'm starting to connect with some of the people and they are super nice. I am really glad I stuck it out. I may even make a friend out of it.
Sorry for the kvetching. I'm just so annoyed at my mother right now. Sometimes it feels like she goes out of her way to make things harder on me. I'm so angry at her right now. Dear God, help me to forgive and forget.
SG, have a great week at work. Hope all goes smoothly!
Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to all.
Old 08-24-2023, 09:39 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
... and a fair amount of ejections for fighting, ...
LOL!

Thanks for the Wilys link Zen

Sorry about the mislaid quarters Aly, I wonder where they could have got to? I always carry 2 20p and 1 10p coins in my wallet because that's what you need to use the public conveniences in London - I guess that would be my tourist tip too, that and never speak to anyone on the Underground in case they're mad (there's no escape until the next stop)
Old 08-24-2023, 03:41 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

That sucks Aly….sorry it’s being made even more difficult than it already is. How annoying!
Old 08-24-2023, 03:47 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Well Aly, that really stinks..I know laundry is a total PITA to begin with and to hit that speed bump that halted it has to be beyond frustrating.
Old 08-25-2023, 12:43 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Astro,
I lived in Norridge, IL until 1978. Then we moved to Barrington, IL.

Old 08-25-2023, 03:32 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Deep breaths Aly. I know how frustrating things like that can be in the moment. Maybe you should be the one holding the quarters going forward.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-25-2023, 03:45 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Aly, that is rough. I wonder what happened to them. It has to be beyond frustrating, expecially since it is a challenge to get the laundry done to begin with.

][/url]
Old 08-25-2023, 03:52 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

We’ll keep the coffee going

Old 08-25-2023, 06:04 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Enjoy the day everyone!
Old 08-25-2023, 07:18 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Well, mom and I went to get more quarters. They raised the price of the laundry significantly. Mom and I went to get more quarters yesterday and had lunch so I'm doing laundry now. Everything is working out ok but it sure can be frustrating. I have the sheets in now. I hope they don't turn into a wet burrito.
Thank you for all your support. Sometimes it feels like a lot. It is a lot. Hopefully I'll have the energy to finish the 3 loads I have to do.
Gatorman, thinking of you!
Good Ideal Sao. I am gobsmacked that they doubled the price of laundry! Inflation I guess. As if laundry isn't already a pain.
Have a wonderful day. Thank you all for your kindness. I so appreciate it.
Love and peace to all.
Old 08-25-2023, 07:37 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I’m sitting outside in the cool rainy weather. The remnants of Hillary are passing through. We went from 87 degrees to 60. Fibromyalgia of course does not like it.

Aly it’s good you are getting the laundry done finally. I would definitely keep the quarters in the future. Frustrating beyond words.

Going back in now. Brrr

Happy Friday everyone.
Old 08-25-2023, 09:12 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Yeah Aly, I agree that it may be a good idea to stash away a roll of quarters in the event it happens again. Annoying I'm sure, so you could have a back-up roll just in case?

Chloe- I think I've mentioned that our family was from Highland Park, and most of our relatives were in Skokie and Evanston.

I'm stressing because my older brother's cancer tumors are causing him issues again, just worried and concerned. Doctors orders were for him to go to ER and get an MRI but he's putting it off because all the dogs (3) and cats (2) he's adopted need his care.

About once a year I'm a doofus and forget to put the pot under the coffee maker, so yeah I had to clean up a pot of coffee on the kitchen counter this AM. Doh!

Old 08-25-2023, 09:17 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
saoutchik

This ad appeared in our local paper (the Hackney Gazette) a few days ago.

People are convinced it's a teaser for a new Rolling Stones album because the ad uses some of their lyrics and says 'Est. 1962'

Attached Images
Old 08-25-2023, 10:40 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I remembered that Astro, but, it was too late to change my post.
Old 08-25-2023, 11:01 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Astro, sorry about your brother. Sending you love and prayers and including your brother. Love and peace to you both!

I have a special drawer to stash the quarters in. With the price raised, it cost $10 to do 3 loads of laundry. They doubled everything. I will sure be glad when inflation knocks it off!

So happy to have the laundry done for now. I have to just chill and not get so impatient with mummy. I know she tries, I hope anyway.
In my group, I have learned that irritability is one of the biggest signs of depression, which I'm sure I've been dealing with. I didn't know the irritability came along with it. I am trying to be really mindful of the irritability and pause or just stop myself. It's not me, it is, but not the real me. I'm glad I'm starting to enjoy the group and I think I'm making friends with a person there who is very, very nice. It's nice to meet someone humble and kind. Getting rare.
Take care and sending oodles of love to you all.
Old 08-25-2023, 03:23 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Astro, sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he can act quickly on this. And I guess I must be a doofus, I have forgotten that I added water already to only add more...Niagra Falls in the coffee world.
Aly, that is great that you got all of that done. Go get some "you" time to recharge.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:07 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

But first, coffee…..