Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 18

Old 07-30-2022, 08:50 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Up early and went back to sleep. All is calm here with no whining about parking or anything else. My grumpy attitude is not going to overtake my day.

Son and Gdaughter will be over later for pizza and pool partying. No thunderstorms forecast either.

Have a good Saturday!
Old 07-30-2022, 08:55 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Gorgeous day here after the rain. Did a four mile nature walk early in the morning. Going to spend about five hours driving back and forth to a concert between Baltimore and DC. It's been a while since I did a major concert road trip and I am psyched.

Have a good Saturday all!
Old 07-30-2022, 09:00 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Have fun, SG. Who are you seeing? I still like going to concerts. When I lived in Chicago, I went to tons of them in grade school, h.s., and college. I'm still lucky enough to see one once in a while. Like the last time I did anything with my icky sister, we saw Liam Gallagher and The Who. So awesome. Some bands are just great live.
Have a great time! Sounds like a blast!
Old 07-30-2022, 09:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Have fun SG. Sounds like an awesome road trip.
Old 07-31-2022, 08:33 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning.

A much quieter day. It is the last day of the rodeo celebration and ends early evening. I’m looking forward to the quiet and calm again.

Hope your concert trip went well SG. I’m looking forward to hearing about it.

A good Sunday to everyone.
Old 07-31-2022, 08:35 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I woke up at 4 and haven't been able to get back to sleep. I think I fell asleep pretty early last night.
Have a great Sunday. Good to see you Val. Hope SG is ok at work.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:36 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Had a great time Saturday night. Saw Phish for the 26th time over the past 30 years. The lead singer/guitarist Trey Anastasio has been clean and sober since 2006 and he is very upfront promoting his sobriety. Much like the Grateful Dead used to have, there is a sober meet up between sets for fans who need a little love and help navigating the tricky waters of concert sobriety. The band is playing as well as ever at the moment. The band is playing in Atlantic City next weekend. Maybe I will try to finesse one more show while they are still playing the East Coast.

Glad the rodeo is leaving town Val!

Any upcoming concert plans Aly? It seems like everyone is touring this summer. I noticed a lot more families at shows this summer. There was still a lot of Covid fear last year. I think so many people have gotten Covid at least once by this point that the fear level isn't as high as it was.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-01-2022, 08:23 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I saw Phish at a little club off the Haight when I used to live in SF, many moons ago. Amazing some of the small time bands started out at these little hole in the wall clubs here. Primus was the same way. We knew them way back when and the original members, then they just exploded and Les didn't remember us anymore. Oh well. Fun times back then. I had an awesome roommate too. We were laughing that there was actually a time we could afford to live in SF!
Have a great day all. Love and peace to you all. 💖💥💦💌☮💞💕
Old 08-02-2022, 05:49 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

First time I saw Phish they were an opening band. It was interesting to see how some bands made it quickly from small clubs to area acts in a short period of time, while others never did.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-02-2022, 07:15 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Yes, it is. I was in SF at a very interesting time. It was great. Some great memories. Thank goodness I was younger. I don't think I could do it now unless I was really rich!
Have a great day. Love you all. 💗💥☮💞
Old 08-03-2022, 02:10 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Back to the reality of work once again.

Have a good Wednesday all!
Old 08-03-2022, 07:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Have a great work week, SG. Hope Val is ok.
Love and peace to you all. So grateful for you and for my sobriety!
Old 08-03-2022, 11:41 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up for an early day at work. Felt as though I did not sleep well once again.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-04-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I've been waking up so early lately. I'm an early riser for sure these days.
SG, have a wonderful day.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:20 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

SG my son followed Phish around on their supposed last tour 18 years ago. He had just turned 18 and drove from here in WY to the East Coast with a friend. I’ve never gotten into them that much myself but he had an awesome experience.

Things aren’t so great here. Unfortunately my landlady doesn’t want to accept our rent agreement anymore and has asked me to move. There really isn’t much available that’s affordable. I am beyond upset but not surprised. She says the repairs are too expensive to keep the rent down. She’s only repaired the washer in the 1956 built bathtub several times because she’s to cheap to update it. I’m at my wits end at this point. No job and now this. EEK!
I’m hanging in for now.

Take care everyone.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:21 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Val, so sorry. You are in my prayers.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:58 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I am sorry about your rental situation Val. Sometimes, our hand is forced. The fact that she is an older woman makes your situation tenuous long term at best. Perhaps, it is not a coincidence you are facing this now. By chance, did she offer you a rental at a higher rate, or just tell you to move?

Have a good day all!
Old 08-05-2022, 05:30 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

SG she did not offer higher rent. The way the rental market is she probably thinks she can make double what I’m paying. She can but this place needs alot of work and basic maintenance she hasn’t kept up either. I’ve not been enthused about living here for quite awhile so yes I’m glad in a way. It will be a relief in a lot of ways.

A good day to everyone.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sometimes change makes us uneasy as we step out of our comfort zones. Alcoholism anybody? I think this might be the jump start for you into a new way of looking at things in your life. Our thoughts directly influence our reality.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-06-2022, 09:03 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Val
SG makes a lot of sense. Maybe it will turn out for the best. She sounds like kind of a pill. Like SG said, with her being older, it is tenuous. You can check law. In CA they are not allowed to kick you out without cause. It may be worth taking her to small claims court or threaten her with a lawsuit. I used to work for attorneys! She's out of line, I feel it in my legal bones. you could go to the library and check out the civil codes for your state. I did that once and the land lord owed me $2K. Land lords can be real jackasses sometimes. Love and peace to all of you. 💟💢☮💞