Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 17

Old 02-05-2022, 05:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

5:30 AM

I slept over 8 hours but still hit the snooze button. This is my no lunch straight through day. I will be doing door dash for lunch. I rarely use that but I haven’t made it to the grocery store this week.

Warmer here with upper 30’s but with 60mph wind gusts. I’d rather have snow!

Happy Saturday to everyone.
Old 02-05-2022, 05:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Up at 7:30...I slept 9½ hours!

We had a snow storm yesterday with 10 in. of snow.
I prefer rain since it shovels itself to the drain...I was exhausted just from shoveling my way to the street.

Regarding these checks Imvalentine, can't you use a "picture" deposit?
No need to go to the bank anymore...if it's available at your bank of course.

Have a good day friends ☼
Old 02-06-2022, 07:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

CK makes a great point that I totally forgot. I can deposit checks via my phone by taking pictures of the check. However, the money won't be immediately available from a camera deposit.

Glad you guys are sleeping well!

That's a lot of shoveling CK. Don't overdo it.

I have to complete a self review and work on a crew schedule today while I am at home prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow.

Have a good day all!

Take care all!
Old 02-06-2022, 07:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

SG, good luck with your colonoscopy! I had one not too long ago. They removed a polyp, but all was well. I have to have another test that I've been procrastinating. I haven't had a lot of free time.
Glad I got the kitchen and bathroom floors done. I'm going to vacuum later when I get back from visiting my mom. Then I'm going to go grocery shopping tomorrow to get ready for my mom to come home on Wed. She really is into tomato soup, so I'll have to buy a bunch of those!
Love to you all. I so appreciate you all!
Old 02-07-2022, 07:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Up at 5 am

Snow removal armada were doing my street at 4 am - hard to sleep with an army of trucks at your window.
Also the loud "beep beep beep" every time the go on reverse sounds like an alarm clock, no way you can sleep!

Your tomato soup reserve is full Aly?

____

Have a very good day friends ☼
Old 02-07-2022, 07:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

CK, Lol! I haven't bought my reserves of tomato soup yet. I was hoping to do it today, but I'm so tired and I still have to go and visit my mom. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!
Have a great day. Love all you very much!
Old 02-07-2022, 08:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Survived the medical procedures. Have Diverticulosis in my colon and a hiatal hernia in my esophagus which explains my chronic indigestion. No polyps and don't have to get another procedure for ten years!

CK, the back up reverse beeps on trucks can be ridiculous. Good idea gone overboard.

Good soup day here too. Gray and snow flurries.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-08-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Up at 6 after 9 hours of wonderful sleep - no snow removal trucks!

Good news that you're checked and under warranty for the next 10 years Star!

Hey Aly, you could cook a grilled cheese to go with that tomato soup.
A perfect mix if you ask me

Imvalentine, how are you mon amie?
Working a lot I guess?

Take care friends! ☼

Old 02-08-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I got almost nine hours sleep last night also. I think any time leading up to a medical procedure can cause unconscious anxiety and affect sleep. I felt as though I was working all weekend anyway.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-08-2022, 08:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Glad you got that over with, SG. I said on another thread, I think the prep is worse than the actual procedure. I hope you're feeling better. How is your son feeling? I'm glad to hear that with your boosters, maybe it wasn't as badly as it could have been.
CK, grilled cheese and tomato soup is what she's been eating. I'll have to get some more cheese, etc. at the store when I go today.
We found out my mom has Covid. She got it at the nursing home. Just under the wire. I'm still going to pick her up tomorrow and bring her home. I don't want another backslide with her PT and she'll get more exercise at home. She's been in 2 nursing homes in the past 3 months. My sister and I talked, I think she's ready to come home. I just have to get my tail up and go to the grocery store today. I was going to do it yesterday, but I finished vacuuming and cleaning the house. I'm trying to buck up to go to the store, it's one of my most dreaded errands. I don't know why grocery shopping causes me so much anxiety. I'm just taking a deep breath, go up and down the aisles. If I miss something, I miss something. She doesn't want meat, so I'm not sure what to buy her. Vegetarian dishes, eggs, cheese, soup, things like that I guess. A bit of fruit, etc.
I hope I don't test positive for Covid when I go to pick her up tomorrow. I've been seeing mom every day and I'm sure I was exposed during the incubation period. I just want to get her home, safe, no more backslides, etc. If I have it, I have it and my mom and I will just have to get better together. Her hip and stomach are still healing. The poor thing has really been through it and she's 84 y.o. Poor mom. I hope she gets through this well.
Love you all! Love and peace to anyone sufferring in any way! 💗☮💫
Old 02-09-2022, 02:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I’m still here CK. Up bright and early after going to bed about 7:00 last night. I was extremely tired! I’m off work today but have errands to run. Doing the daycare run this morning and then going over to my daughters to hangout with her 2 little ones so she can get out and run her errands. I’m going to get my haircut late afternoon. Needless to say I will be going to bed early tonight again.

I haven’t even had time to concern myself with the DIL issue. My empathy is long gone.

I’m happy you had your tune up SG and all is well. I dread medical appointments myself.

I use a small local credit union for banking. There is unfortunately no picture deposit. I like that it’s small and local but there are drawbacks. Nothing is perfect but it is annoying.

I hope it goes smoothly with your mother today Aly. That’s a lot of stress.

A good Wednesday to everyone.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sorry Mom has come down with Covid Aly. Hopefully, it will be mild.

I need to do a quick grocery store run this morning also, and not looking forward to it.

Started doing some online yoga. Twenty years ago, I took a few classes and really enjoyed it. Even the simplest stretches are challenging, but invigorating. Also looking to try something new.

Have a good day all!

Old 02-09-2022, 08:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Up at 6

I hope everything will be fine Aly with your mother - crossing fingers!

Glad to see you're busy enough to forget about the DIL drama Imvalentine - you deserve some peace.

Off Star? Enjoy the day ☼
Old 02-09-2022, 10:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thank you all!
Old 02-10-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Turnaround day. Closed the store again last night and back to work at nine this morning.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-10-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

4:45 AM

This is my easy day. Daycare run and no public errand running. Throw a long coat over my jammies and call it good.

SG I used to go to yoga classes. My favorite was Yin yoga. I could get off my duff and YouTube it at home. You have inspired me to do just that after Gdaughter drop off.

How are things with your mother Aly ?

A good Thursday to everyone.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I dropped a paper and a book off to my mom yesterday. She is still in quarantine. I'm going to pick her up on Monday at 2 pm. I sure hope I don't test positive when I go in to pick her up! I need to call her but the phone situation over there isn't great. Thanks for asking Valentine. I got her tomato soup and did grocery shopping yesterday, but I forgot TP. I always forget one key thing. I'll have to go back. 💗
I am fasting today for a bloodtest. I have an appt at noon to get it drawn, if I can last that long! I'm usually never hungry in the morning, wouldn't you know I'm starving this morning! LOL.
SG, take care, try to get some rest when you can.
Have a great day all.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Poor night of sleep. Basically up since 1:30am. Ugh.

I hope both your Covid tests and your blood test go well Aly!

Imvalentine, I love Yoga with Adrienne. She has a zillion videos and many for beginners. I think I would almost be embarrassed to go to a yoga studio at this point in my life.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-11-2022, 09:45 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I keep hearing how great Yoga is. Maybe I should look Adrienne up! I think it might help with the stiffness in my back. My sister used to teach it and is really into it. I've always resisted it for some reason.
I haven't taken a Covid test yet. I have a few tests left over from not being able to visit with my mom. I'll likely take one Monday when I have to go pick her up. The likely won't let me in if I have it and someone else will have to pack her up and get her to the car, if I have it. I hope I don't. Of course, this morning, I was sneezing and coughing, but even if I do get it, most people who have been vaccinated don't seem to get as sick, hopefully. I thought I felt a little feverish, I don't know if I'm imagining it or not. I drove some books and papers over to my mom and as I get on through the day, I seem to be feeling better.
SG, hope you get some rest. It's terrible not being able to sleep. Hope you and your son are feeling better.
Have a great day all.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:52 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 2:15 am for work at 4:00 am. Love the holidays. I get to work six days this week!

Best wishes all!