Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 17

Old 01-30-2022, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 17

last part:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-16-a-21.html (Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 16)

D
Old 01-30-2022, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee!
Old 01-31-2022, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks monsieur Dee

Up at 6, my new classic hour

The Cincinnati Bengals won last night...that's a big surprise!
No real surprise in the other game, the L.A. Rams won.
I wonder who Ally and Star are rooting for?

Have a good day Earlies! ☼

Old 01-31-2022, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

S.F., of course. I have a crush on Jimmy G.(I think a lot of women do!), but I'm hearing they may be trading him. I didn't like the 49ers for a long time because I think the Yorks are a disaster running the team. Spoiled rich kid who ain't too bright. I like a lot of the 49er players though. Too bad they didn't win. They're due soon. Maybe the changes they made will help. These cheap, unbelievably wealthy owners, make a lot of decisions that are unreal. Oh well. It's fun, I think. Esp, when the Chicago Bears win. They're my favorite. Maybe after Aaron Rodgers retires, maybe they'll win a game against them again!
Have a great day!
Old 02-01-2022, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Definitely was pulling for the Bengals. A classic underdog story. Got to love it!

Back to work today after a reasonably productive and recuperative weekend.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-01-2022, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We were rooting for the same team Star
I'll go with them too at the SuperBowl...they NEVER won it!

Aly, I now remember you are from San Francisco...my bad!

Imvalentine, all is good on your side?

Have a good day Earlies ☼
Old 02-01-2022, 07:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

CK, sometimes, it's hard to keep track of all these teams! You have a great memory for them. They were all good games, really close and OT.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Late riser here around 7:30 AM. Have just now fed the critters. I slept like a rock or more like boulder. It’s nice you had some sleep also SG. People have no common sense. My XAH loved to get out in blizzard weather just because he could I guess. We have some snow predicted over the next 2 days. Tomorrow 4-7 inches but I will be at work early.

I don’t follow football but am rooting for the Bengals. It would be awesome for them from what I have read. I also would like those chicken wings CK.

Things here are in the usual state of high drama.

A good Tuesday to everyone.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I woke up so early again, between 4 and 5 am. I wish I could just sleep a little longer, I get so tired in the afternoon when I get up so early. I am bound and determined to pay the bills when I get home. Ugh. One of the worst jobs. Thank God, when I was working as a controller, I got to hire a person to to Accounts Payable. That was always the one part of my job I hated and still do! I guess no one likes to pay bills.
I haven't decided who I like in the Superbowl yet. My picks lost for the playoffs, maybe I'd better not say my pick! Luck and all that.
Love and peace to you all. 💗☮
Old 02-02-2022, 06:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

On the night train yesterday and today. Got seven hours of sleep, which is good for me during a work week.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 02-02-2022, 06:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

4:30 AM

It is 1 whole degree outside with about 4 inches of snow. I cleared a path to feed the critters and even shoveled the sidewalk out front. I’m already at work now. I think I will turning in early tonight!

Old 02-02-2022, 08:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so tired. I wish I didn't have to go see my mom, only because I'm so tired. I have to stop at the store, as her news papers didn't come so I have to stop at the store and get them for her. Then I have to go to the library and get books for my mom. I just want to go back to sleep.
Her roommate got Covid, they swept her off into isolation. I sure hope my mom doesn't get it. She won't, think positively.
Good news, mom is coming home next Wed. I hope she'll be strong enough. It'll take some of the pressure off of having to go see her every day. I still have to pay her bills. I guess I'll spend some time this afternoon paying them. I didn't do them yesterday.
I think I have to root for the Rams in the superbowl. I watched some of those players when they were at Berkeley. Kind of a regional loyalty thing. I remember Chris Collingsworth when he played for Cincinnati. I like he and Al on Sunday night football. I hope they do the super bowl.
Love and peace to you all! Thank you for your friendship.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

CC gets a little annoying at times with the commentary in my view. He is very smart, but you can always tell what team he is pulling for and it's tiring if it isn't your team, lol. I hope you get some rest Aly!

That's cold Imvalentine! It's supposed to be in the forties here today, but pouring rain all day. Figures!

Have a good day all!
Old 02-03-2022, 04:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

4:30 AM

Brrrr! It is just plain cold at minus 7 degrees this morning. We might get to 20 today. I turn the heat down at night and crack my bedroom window open right above my headboard so it was a bit chilly in my room. Hot sugared up coffee never tasted so good. I was tucked in bed last night but received a call from my niece in Virginia who I haven’t seen for about 40 years so I was up late after all.

Aly that is good news about your mother coming home next week. At least you won’t be running around for her every day.

I’m off to take a hot shower and get ready for work.

A good Thursday to everyone.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's funny, I used to not like CC at all, but I like him a lot better than I used to. It seems like a lot of those guy, commentators, or whoever they are rather dogmatic sometimes. I like Greg Olson now that he's retired. I think he's a good one. It makes a difference on who is commentating. I used to not watch MNF when a certain ex coach used to be on it. Talk about dogmatic! A lot of people like him though. Go figure. I don't want to offend you if your a fan! He's just not my cup of tea. I find it interesting how much better Oakland did after he left. Thanks for your insights. I love that I have a friend I can talk a little football with although you know so much more than I do.
Thank you Valentine.
I'm going to visit mom shortly. I didn't feel so well when I woke up this morning, but that happens a lot with all the stomach troubles/surgeries I have had. I woke up in the middle of the night and watched Bewitched and luckily was able to fall back asleep. I'm just laying in bed going through my emails, trying to not be anxious. I have got to pay bills when I get home. I have to get over this thing about paying bills.
Anyway, enough. I hope you all are well. SG, I hope you and your son are feeling much better. It has to be hard. Has the weather gotten any better? I read Minn was warmer than Chicago the other day. That's something. Although Chicago has that wind off the lake. Truly the windy city.
Take care. Love to you all. Here's to sleep when we can get it!
Old 02-04-2022, 12:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Minus 7! Yikes! It is supposed to hit 54 degrees here this morning in the rain, then fall to 18 tonight.

Aly, not a fan of said Raider's ex coach either. I really miss John Madden and Pat Summerall, if you can remember way back!

Up at 2:45 am to get ready for work. Very tired. I hope the coffee kicks in shortly.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-04-2022, 04:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Up at 5, this is early for me in my new standards.

I hope you're all doing good in surviving through this cold winter.

Have a good day friends ☼
Old 02-04-2022, 04:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

5:00 AM

It’s 14 degrees and a high of 35 forecast which is normal this time of the year. We have had spells of minus temps for days on end in the past.

I can relate to sleep and anxiety issues Aly. I hope you got the dreaded bill payments over with and had a better night.

Today is payday so my lunch hour will be taken up with a bank run. I’m still annoyed with no direct deposit setup from work.

Happy Friday to everyone.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Valentine. Have a good day at work. Direct deposit is so much easier. Sorry you have to spend lunch doing a bank run.
Great to see all of you. Going to visit mom shortly. I thankfully got her bills paid, but I couldn't find her car payment. I was up all night worried about it. So tired this morning. I wish I could stay in bed for a little while longer, but I have to go to the PO, the library and to my mom's.
Everything will work out. Let Go and Let God. Have a great day all.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Best of luck with the errands today Aly!

We still have a number of employees that prefer receiving a paper check instead of using direct deposit. My direct deposit goes into my bank account at 3:30 am every pay day. The physical checks are not delivered to the store until nearly lunchtime. Around me, many bank branches have closed since Covid. Sorry you have to waste lunch depositing your check.

Went from 56F yesterday to the teens. That is Wyoming swings in temps.

Up at 2:30 am for work.

Best wishes all!