Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 17

Old 02-12-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Up at 5

Have a good day friends ☼
Old 02-12-2022, 05:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Up before the alarm went off at 5:00 AM. I woke up for a couple of hours also. I was in bed by 7:30 last night relaxing to documentaries on YouTube when my son called to pester me about DIL…he was downright rude so I said goodbye and hung up. I’m going to bed early tonight also to catch up on missed sleep with no phone by the bed! I don’t know how you do it SG. DIL continues her downward spiral. Her phone is cut off and car insurance also. Her money is dwindling and yes she has until the end of the month with my landlord. The soap opera goes on.

Aly I hope you feel better today and are Covid19 free.

No daycare drop off and work 8-4 straight through so it’s an easy day.

Happy Saturday to all.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thank you Valentine! I feel a lot better today. I think my imagination was working OT! LOL. I've spoken to a few people who have been vaccinated, get Covid and said it wasn't too badly. I hope I test negative when I go Monday to pick up Mom. Good for you for keeping good boundaries. It's annoying to get phone calls like that at that time, when you're trying to wind down. I'm glad you let that phone call go. Sorry that you have that family drama. I can relate.
I didn't sleep well last night. I didn't get to sleep until the wee hours, so I just laid in bed and watched the boob tube until I could fall asleep and of course I woke up early. Luckily I can have kind of an easy day today. Maybe I'll take the garbage out and run the vacuum, pay some more bills. I have to get some in the mail very soon.
Hi CK, hope you are well. You have such a bubbly vibe.
SG, so sorry you have to work so much. Take care of yourself.
Have a great Saturday friends. The weather has been beautiful this week, I think in the 60s-70s and sunny.
Old 02-13-2022, 03:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Up around 3:00 AM. I’m fine with that as I went to bed very early. The family squabble after work didn’t prevent me from sleeping. DIL was sleeping when I got home from work yesterday. I called my son to confirm our plans today and he started in about DIL being here. I told him what I knew of her plans to move to Florida or a town she grew up in when her taxes come in. Of course she overheard me. She has no memory of moving plans. There is also a new court hearing on her paying child support that papers should have been served at her mother’s address she knows nothing of. On and on it goes. If I wrote a book nobody would believe it! I’m taking my 16 year old granddaughter to the bookstore and if my son wants to join us or not is fine.

SG the Valentine’s Day holiday is almost over. I look forward to the candy on sale after. I have a never ending sweet tooth.

A good Sunday to everyone.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:18 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Valentine, so sorry you're having family troubles. I know the feeling well. Best of luck and good for you for keeping good boundaries. Thinking of you.
Great to see all of you.
SG, I hope you get to see the Super Bowl and don't have to work.
My friends are either watching that or the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. So cute. These needy pups play a mock super bowl and they are so cute and most of them get adopted!
Hi CK!
Have a great day all.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

4:00 AM

I slept well enough and went to bed early before the Super Bowl was over. I’m sad to see the Bengals lost. It was a good game and I enjoyed the halftime show. I had a good time yesterday with my Gdaughter and all went well. Everyone is simmered down for now.

This is a daycare run and workday. I’m off the next 2 days.

Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:24 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Up at 5

Happy Valentine day to all!
Old 02-14-2022, 05:47 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Finally a day off after six straight. I am so tired and haven't slept more than five hours in six days. I was hoping to sleep in this morning, but my daughter needed a ride to high school.

Sorry the Bengals lost, but they couldn't make the big stops when needed, and could give Burrows no protection. They better rebuild that line before he gets killed.

Imvalentine, sorry about the constant drama. Glad you can stay sober through it all.

Aly, I hope things go well today and all are healthy!

Have a good day all!
Old 02-14-2022, 11:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you, SG! Hope you get some good sleep. I don't do well when I am sleep deprived. Take good care.
Valentine, so glad the drama has calmed down for today. When people call and complain constantly like your son seems to be doing, I always feel like they're bleeding all over me. I have enough problems w/o that. My sisters do that. It's seems like they almost can't have a conversation w/o negativity creeping in. So sorry, but glad you're handling it as well as can be expected.
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
Old 02-15-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

4:45 AM

Yesterday was a long day but I slept well last night and today is an easy day. Relaxed daycare run with jammies and long coat morning. DIL needs to use my phone to contact the IRS and then I’m off to my daughters to hang out with kids so she can run errands and use my phone of course. This afternoon is clean the house time.

I hope you get some sleep SG. I get half brain dead or maybe whole when I’m sleep deprived. Running on empty is no fun. You also Aly need sleep. I’m jealous CK. I vaguely remember being retired.

A good Tuesday ahead for all of us!

Old 02-15-2022, 04:53 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Up at 6

Have a good rest day Star!

Aly, is your mother Covid gone? She can smell again?

Enjoy the quiet cleaning day Imvalentine.
Live like a true retiree today : take aaall your time!

Have a nice day friends ☼
Old 02-15-2022, 05:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at seven or so. Up and down multiple times. Checking my app, I was awake 2:30-4:15am. I have a restless soul currently.

Enjoy your easy day Imvalentine.

Aly, hope your Mom is feeling better. Stay away from the negativity vortex that surround your sisters.

CK, 6:00. If retirement means two extra hours of sleep, sign me up!

Have a good day all!
Old 02-15-2022, 09:23 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thank you SG for your always sensible and sensitive advice to me about those horrible sisters of mine.
Mom is home and she's sleeping still at 9:30 am. I think sleep is the best think for her. I wonder if I should ask if she want tea or something. I don't want to wake her up. I'm so glad she's home and finally out of the 3 month rehab stay. She has been in quarantine for over 10 days, but I think her fatigue is probably getting over covid, all the changes, it is stress ful for older people to make changes, but so far she seems to be doing well. I told her not to worry about anything for at least a week or so. I'll keep paying her bills and helping her so we can get through this.
Great to see you all. I was up at 3:30am. Luckily I sort of dozed off and on. Finally I just got up and took a shower. I also have a doctor's appt this afternoon about my blood tests I took. Hope all is well. She was supposed to check my cholesterol, but I don't think she did. It's been great for years, now it's borderline. They say that and HBP are silent killers so I want to stay on top of it. My Dad died at 52 yo of a massive heart attack. It runs on that side of the family. All his brothers are dead too of not very pleasant medical conditions. Then on my mom's side, they all live until 100 yo. I hope my mom is around for awhile as long as she can be comfortable.
Have a great day all. Love you!
Old 02-16-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad things are moving along in a positive way Aly!

Have a good day all!
Old 02-16-2022, 07:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thank you, SG. Hoping all is well with you!
Old 02-17-2022, 02:05 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 4:00 for a quick turnaround shift.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-17-2022, 03:07 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Up before the 4:00 AM alarm.

Daycare run and workday. We received snow yesterday and overnight so I have to factor in more driving time.

I’m happy your mother is doing well Aly. That will relieve a lot of stress.

A good Thursday to everyone.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

An old friend I haven't heard from in ages PM'd me to wish me happy 4 years sober. So sweet. I completely forgot about it. Nice to know ODAAT is still the way to go.
Mom's been home since Monday afternoon and all is well so far. She had a nurse come by yesterday, took her vitals, etc. Today a PT is coming by. I'm proud of her that she is actually accepting help. Of all the stuff I bought she's finding things to eat, thankfully. So far, so good. It's nice to have her home. We were both tested and are both covid free!
Have a great day all. 💗💗
Old 02-17-2022, 11:53 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Great that you heard from an old friend Aly and that Mom is doing well!

Imvalentine, we have had crazy weather this week also. Snow, 60's, single digit temps, back to 60's, 50mph winds. All within a few days.

Up at 2:00 for work. Trouble sleeping all week.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-18-2022, 08:23 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I woke up at 2, not for work, but I haven't been able to get back to sleep. Maybe I fell asleep earlier than I thought!

SG, that schedule of yours sounds grueling sometimes.