Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 17

Old 07-09-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Late bedtime and I slept in a few this morning. Sleeping in to me is around 6:00 AM.

My Gdaughter will be over so no yoga/meditation class today. My son blew the pool up last night and it will be in the mid 90’s so I may get in it myself. We have had a lot of rain so the yard and flowers are happy. It’s the perfect day for a kiddie pool soak. I remember over 30 years ago my ex sitting in one with a beer. It was a funny site at the time.

I was fired over the phone yesterday which I wasn’t surprised about. 1 therapist had 2 clients and the other that had clients till 4:00 was sick so I rescheduled them all of them and locked up early. I’d just got home and received the call from owner/therapist. I was told I had planned and waited for a chance to “hurt” her deliberately. I don’t do what I’m told…and she’s done with me. Conveniently the regular crew will be back from vacation Monday so I don’t know what I planned and how I hurt her. I did learn a lot and brushed up on computer skills I’d forgotten and also asserted myself without blowing and being hostile myself. Everything happens for a reason. I also realized I hadn’t thought about drinking when my daughter asked if I was Okay.

How is the air conditioning working Aly? I’m sure it is heaven to have it on. Growing up it was rare in homes here but with global warming it’s a necessity. The poor Southern states are really getting slammed. The darn humidity is the worst.

A pleasant and good Saturday ahead for all of us.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:47 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

We had a girl tech come by. She was very cool. We got the air going again, thank you all for asking, but we're going to have to have them back. The fan runs non stop and that can get expensive. At least it's cooler today and the air is fixed, sort of. At least we are getting cool air.
Love to you all. I woke up around 6 and then went back to sleep until around 8. Just going through my emails.
Have a lovely day all. 💖💌☮💞💫
Old 07-10-2022, 12:26 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sorry, not sorry, about the job Val. It obviously was not going to work out long term, so maybe it was a relief in actuality. At least you got to polish up your computer skills.

Good to hear you are finally getting some AC Aly!

It's my Friday, yay!

Have a good day all!
Old 07-10-2022, 07:17 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

I woke up after 7:00 AM. I haven’t had a sleep in that late in ages. I’d even taken a nap yesterday between Gdaughter pool visits. It was 95 with no air movement and it was tiring to move. I was tempted to turn on the old wall air conditioner. I know I will today. My mother comes out of my mouth when the lights are on. “They create heat, turn it off”. She said it a lot more forcefully with different words.

A grocery store trip is my only outside world adventure today. I can hangout in the frozen foods to cool off.

Happy Friday SG. It definitely is a relief to be fired and overall it was a good experience for me.

Take care and have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 07-10-2022, 08:25 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Val, I'm so sorry. That happened to me once at a temp job. I know I was doing a good job but I got fired over the phone too. The thing was a couple of months later I got a great temp job in a much better place that lasted for a year. I hope something good happens. Sometimes what seems like the worst can be for the best. Godspeed and you are in my prayers, love. Big, gentle hugs.
SG, love to you. You are always a breath of fresh air. So glad you two are my friends and you are mine! 💖💢☮💞💫
Old 07-10-2022, 04:24 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Up at 4, I'm back to that time every morning.

Have a good day Earlies ☼
Old 07-10-2022, 04:27 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-18-a.html (Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 18)
D