Notices

Day 1. No pills..

Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Some great insightful posts here. Thanks guys!
FMD, your strength in the face of adversity is admirable. Go you!
I have just woken up as im in the UK. Had a mega nights sleep too. Very shaky and achey this morning tho. Whats that about? I must be coming up for 40 hours now
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Try L-tyrosine or loperamide(immodium)
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Glad to know you are ok!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 2!

Hi Guys,
Im in the UK also so thats me just getting on as i had to put my boy out to school and then go help my mum get up and ready... she got knocked down 2 years ago and cannot walk now so i care for her also!! Thats how i got introduced to morphine...
I am still taking 40 mg, which is a big drop from 120mg i was taking. I am still getting sweats but i expect this all the way through the taper. Does anyone know how long i should wait before reducing the dose to 20mg??
Wll done starting over and FMD!!! Its such a huge help to come on here and see your support. FMD you are doing so so so well!!! Not long till you are through the worse. I would have gave in by now if it wasnt for knowing that i am not alone in this battle. There is no way i will up my dose ever again... i will be over this soon and i truly know that for the first time!!!!
Thank you guys xx
Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Back on here. Sadly had a failed suicide attempt. But as soon as I saw my daughter after they let me out. I knew she was worth more to me than anything. And I can withstand heartbreak if I have her...
Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Im so proud of you shivvy! I think 25% a week is good. Not a dr or giving advice to clarify..
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by FormyDaughter View Post
Back on here. Sadly had a failed suicide attempt. But as soon as I saw my daughter after they let me out. I knew she was worth more to me than anything. And I can withstand heartbreak if I have her...
Hi FMD--is this just now? Do you have anyone with you to help keep you safe if these feelings come over you again?

Going off opiates is a HUGE change, especially emotionally and physically. We're used to having total control over our emotions with the oxy and now our emotions feel like the ones in control. I cried for hours and hours and hours the first few days. It was painful but felt cathartic, too.

I'm hoping you're safe right now. PM me if you want to talk.

Lyoness
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

What happened FMD?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I lost the love of my life. He s never coming back...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

And yes im ok. Crying a lot but better...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

You must be feeling awful right now. Can you stay strong enough to grieve without using?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

FMD, breaking up of a relationship is so hard.
You have my thoughts and good wishes.
Did you manage to stay off the opies?
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Yes I am clean. Body is going crazy trying to process all that amitryptiline. Talked to my ex today. Said goodnight. So did he. I want to be friends at least. For baby girl's sake but Jesus does it feel like a knife in the heart...
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

FMD, I am so genuinely sorry to hear what you're going through right now. But I am so glad you are okay and still clean! That is something to be proud of.

I know what it's like to have tried to take your own life. This March will be three years since I attempted suicide. I'm going to tell you what my nurse told me as I was being discharged, because it's stuck with me ever since and has helped anyone I've shared it with. She said, "It doesn't get better; you just get better at handling it." Which is so so true. I'd heard (and still do hear) "it gets better" a million times. But it doesn't. Life can throw anything at you. But what does get better is you and how you handle it. You become stronger and happier from everything you've gone through. And when life throws something bad your way, before you know it you'll be able to handle it better than before. I hope this helps you, this quote and my story. I actually got the quote tattooed on my forearm so that I can see it everyday as a permanent reminder.

I hope that you'll be okay today, just keep on being strong! <3 You can make it through this!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

FMD,
I am so so sorry you are going through this. Please please try and think of your daughter when you feel so low. Also your kind words have helped me through the last few days so i really value your opinions!!
You just need to focus on getting these out of your system before you can begin to think about things with your love- he may be trying tough love to help you through to the other end- maybe he doesnt understand how awful withdrawl is. But please please keep your chin up girl!! You are doing amazingly well and we all suffer horrible days and feel there is no point in living if things are so bad at the min but you gotta think of your daughter- the baby you are doing this for- the baby you gave birth to- and i am always here if you need to pm me!!! ALWAYS!! As you have helped me greatly.
Thank you and please reach out the next time you feel so low xxxxx
Old 12-08-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thank you so much guys. That helped more than you know. I smoked a bowl last night and REALLY thought about myself from his perspective. I have been jealous and controlling and often times motherly. I have been making him feel trapped a LONG time. And I want him to feel happy and free.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

How are you doing FMD?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Heartbroken mostly...
Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

How are you?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

You guys still doing good?