Notices

Day 1. No pills..

Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I caved after 5 days too about two weeks ago. The symptoms will pass. Try deep breathing for the agitation,
Time to start living fully again
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Try cutting a quarter pill a week. Honestly a 10-25% reduction in dose is good if you can handle the taper...
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yea. I'm so tempted today bc my ex just told me we will never be together again. I broke up with him less than a week ago. No takebacks. 4 1/2 years man. Bawling my eyes out while listening to the byrds....
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Dont let circumstances ruin all your hard work. Relationships come and go as you will find as life goes on. The only one you can be sure of staying with forever is the relationship with yourself. Thats the one you need to protect and nurture.
Cry and then focus on you and your future x
Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

FMD,
Please dont let this get in the way of your hard work... he will be sensing you feel weak at the minute but as the days pass you will get stronger and he will most likely realise that you wont hang around crying forever.
You are doing so so well and those emotions you are having are the notions you need to go through... please stick with it girl, your doing so so well!!! xx
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I just dumped all my pills in a mudpuddle and stomped the **** OUTTA THEM!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

God that felt good! I have been listening to music and feeling more alive with this pain than that **** ever made me feel. LOVE BILLY IDOL! you can make it through guys. I swear to God it feels so GOOD!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Anybody on?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Yeah mrs!!
I am having visions of you dancing around and it makes me have hope that i can do this too!!!
Look back at all your posts... everytime you get more positive!!!!!! Its amazing x
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

YOU CAN! if I can feel this good even with the pain of losing him. ONE song felt like the best high I have ever had!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Feeling a little down. Told my ex I will support him no matter what. Even if it means us not getting back together. Little worrried ive dropped 15 lbs during this time. Feeling pretty sick...
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Oh yea. Hr 87. How are you guys? Kinda quiet...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Anybody there? I could really use support right now...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ok. Im on hour 90! Doing ok. Im using loperamide and l-tyrosine and caffeine. Actually cuddled with my daughter. Had to call him and say I support him no matter what. Thats love right? Ill support him however I can. Harder than the phone call to tell my sister that grandma died. But I was high then, so this was worse. Missing every person I lost while high. I never let myself feel it. Never realized how much I loved him until this very moment...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Rooting you on! You can do this. Congrats on your progress. Can't comment on the things you're taking right now except to say total abstinence from all drugs has been the necessary foundation to be able to get well.

WD can be full of so many symptoms, so anticipate that your head will likely play all sorts of games to get you to use again. Be patient and let it pass.

In my last detox I found things that could inspire me forward. Music, inspirational stories, quotations, it all helped. I hope it might help you too.

A couple of thoughts that come to mind:

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something else is more important than one's fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

It might also help you to check out 12 step chat rooms for additional support while you're detoxing at home. Lots of fellowship to be had. I would strongly suggest getting connected to a program of recovery so you can get and stay totally clean in the journey going forward.

Sending a prayer, enormous hugs and best wishes.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I think stomping on those pills in the mudpuddle was the best thing ive ever done. Tell ya what.. if i ever have another kid its tylenol for me...
Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Stay strong : Formydaughter, starting over and shivvy.
You are all showing great strength.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Haven't heard from them... worried..
Old 12-06-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hour 91. Going strong. Tired, cold. Still can't eat anything. But things are looking UP!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I lost a beautiful girlfriend and human being who I thought was my sole mate as a result of my oxy use Well, maybe it just helped it end quicker. A lot of the reason I did the opiates involved her. She was a night owl and I was a morning person. One of the reasons I enjoyed using the pills at first was to be there for her as stupid as that sounds. It backfired after a year or so when they turned me different. You need to find someone who loves you sober. Now that I've been clean so many months, I feel so much more love from everyone and Im getting my groove back. It will probably work the same way for you! A healthy relationship that is...even if it takes time to find it, I believe its the key. I still have nightmares about this event and memories that make me soo sad, but Im moving on. Hopefully, neither of us are in the same situation again of that abuse and maybe she learned a little, but I don't think she understood. It helps me to remember the good times with her. I want her to do well and never have to go through what I did. Some people are just clueless when it comes to this stuff and have no desire to understand or help. I'm not that way!

You are in a rough spot. Please make the best of it. It will feel good when you look back!
Peaceness to you asap.
Try Kombucha. Its a natural antidepressant and has trace alcohol. Just enough to fell a little better maybe:/