Notices

Day 1. No pills..

Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good For You BC326!! And Welcome to SR! You know. It takes strength and wisdom to come to the conclusion enough is enough! Lord knows I've done this enough myself. But Thank God I've always come to my senses and put them down again. Once you get thru the first several days off of them. You'll start feeling better. The longer you stay off of them you'll start to realize life is so much sweeter and liveable w/o your DOC. Those little pills steal so much of our lives and happiness away from us and our loved ones. WE ALL know they aren't the answer, but when we first start taking them they affect us in such an oh good feeling manner. But the longer we stay on them? The less we feel good taking them and just the need from not getting sick keeps us taking them.

It's that cycle that has to be broken. There is a Leg OTC med for the RLS. Take Advil gel caps for pain. Baby Asprin for chills and fever. Get some slim fast powder shake mix and mix it in milk for nutrition. That feel good feeling WILL return after you get this drug out of your body. Sure it takes a little while, but it took you a while to get to where you are today from the pills you just threw out. Didn't it? I've tried many sleepaids and the one I have found that works for myself is Unisom Tablets. It doesn't leave me with the drugged hangover after I wake up from it. Thank You God! I hate that as much as the drugs.

You've made a wise decision and you've learned the drugs aren't the route you want to continue. Yes it's scary and such a pain to go thru for about a week. But you have nothing but your freedom from them from now on. Keep reading and posting. You'll get thru this and you'll get support along the way on SR. You might want to start your own Thread for support if you haven't already!

Good luck!

TOD
Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BC326 View Post
I just threw out the rest of my pills tonight... Feeling fine now but I'm scared to go to sleep because I know from the other times I've tried to quit that I will feel terrible tomorrow. I've tried NyQuil, benedryal and Clonopin and still couldn't get any sleep. The twitchy, anxious feeling is the worst part, it's like being uncomfortable in my own skin. I saw that this was from a few weeks ago, how are you doing now? Did anything work or help?? Wish you the best!
Good luck - maybe start your own thread talking through your withdrawals n we can support you? Not nice is it, waiting for them to come. Try not thinking about them. Have a warm bath n try to relax. Have a sleep because you may find it hard to sleep so sleep while you can. You'll probablly feel really sleepy but everyone is different.

You can do this, we are here, care n want you to succeed. There may be times you'll want to cave but when that happens try to come on here if you can.
Maybe write all the things you wants to do without your DOC that you're not able to or not fully able to do now. Maybe put them here so we can remind you of them to encourage you???

All the best n sending hugs,

Evey xxxxx
Old 03-12-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Formydaughter - are you ok? I've sent you an E-mail. Remember we're here, ok?!
I know you thought some of us were being harsh with you but honestly, none of us meant to come across that way. We just want to help you xxxx
Old 03-17-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone,
I've been reading all the posts on this site for a couple days now and it's been really helpful. It's been 62 hours since I took my last dose of oxycodone. I dealt with RLS the first two nights and woke up this morning without them. Hopefully that means that part has passed. I've been taking pain meds for about 5 years now for fibromyalgia. I started out with Norco 10/325 and then was switched to oxy's back on October. I was to take no more that 60mgs a day. Yeah right! I realized there was a huge problem when a month prescription was gone within 2 weeks. I've done some pretty terrible things to get pills to hold me over until the next refill, but this last time was it. I'm over it. I stole from my mother, mother in law, grandma, aunt, and have lied about lost prescriptions and stolen ones as well to get early refills. And seeing everyone's posts has really helped. We all the same. Today has been hard as far as being depressed. You just want that happy feeling you get. Fake happiness is what I always called it. NOT WORTH IT!!! My happiness is right in front of me. My fiancé and my children. That's all I need in life. Not a dumb pill.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Welcome ANewme2013: Glad you found us! You'll get a lot of support throughout the Threads here. Might I suggest you copy your post here and open it under a new thread of your own! You'll probably get more responses from it. This is an older thread here.

Just copy this post, go to the top of this page, click on the >substance abuse link. Wait for the page to open. Then you'll see a Blue large button that says NEW THREAD. Click on that, paste your message here and you'll have your own thread started. Good luck! If you need more help? Just post on this thread again and I'll watch for it.

TOD
Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I am still doing great. only taking between 5-10 percocet a month now. I understand you guys are just trying to help. but im about solving the underlying problem. Fear is mine. I'm afraid of experiencing pain. Even though the pain from my cysts can be terrible at times. it is much less now than it was when i was on a 6 times daily dose. I don't drink except about once per 6 months. I hate weed. always have. pretty much my only vice is caffeine. which ive cut down on. I am doing this for my daughter. because being on the pain meds made it hard to focus on her. I'm doing it for me too though. don't worry. Sorry I havent been on for a while picked up a second job on graveyard. How is everyone doing?