Notices

Day 1. No pills..

Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

FMD,

The clonidine is what is making your blood pressure so low, its not a safe drug to use for an at home detox. The not sleeping was tough, and for me it lasted much longer than the rest of the w/d symptoms. Does Benadryl make you sleepy? If so, you may want to try that.

For me what helped was sitting outside in the sun until i really got hot and sweaty, that made my body tired and relaxed enough to get some sleep. Other than that, i just layed down on the sofa and turned on Animal Planet which is just interesting enough to keep my mind off of how crappy i was feeling, but not so interesting enough to keep me awake when sleep finally came. The first few days i only got one to two hours of sleep each night, and none during the day. Hang in there, you CAN do this!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Hi Formydaughter, Forgive me if I'm mistaken but 'm guessing you're self-prescibing and self-medicating at least part of what you're taking? Clonidine is a blood pressure medication, and you're taking it while clocking 80/30, over a whole cocktail of other drugs? Dangerous, just so dangerous.

I know detox is not easy but the addict mind that keeps sending you to more drugs to get off of drugs is the same one that wants you to keep using. I would absolutely not recommend Benadryl for sleep either, it's still more sedatives, more self-prescribing, and there have been enough people coming through just as addicted to it as other drugs. Hot baths and keeping hydrated are good ideas. If you're kicking really hard it may be rough for your daughter to be sleeping beside you. They know more than they can say.

I would anticipate that the detox will take whatever it takes, and accept it. This can be the very last time you have to go through this. But I would definitely suggest working a program of recovery if you're serious about staying clean. When we do the work, we live a very different life than before, taking stock, mending fences. I hope the very best for you on your journey.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hi formydaughter,
I hope that things are tolerable for you today and you can remember that every day is a victory. I am so so sorry that you guys (Americans) have such s****y healthcare! I have always lived in Canada of the UK so I have such a hard time imagine what it would like to have your personal health as a commodity. terrible that there are hurting people out there who cant get treatment is a developed country! I digress...
Surely there are free clinics of some sort? Do you have to pay even if you were just to see your family dr.?

I think that the clonidine is likely making your blood pressure so low, are you taking this under a doctors care? You should. you should also see around if there is a free place you can call for health advice in your area.

YOU ARE DOI^G GREAT!! KEEP IT UP!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I got a call back from someone on the doctors line so apparently they are worried. The thing is, i only took 0.2 mg of clonidine 7pm on day 1 and still my bp is really low. I cant get out of bed. My chest feels tight and constricted. I left a msg with the guy this morning since I missed the call. We'll see what he says when he calls back....
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh yea! 61 hrs!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Night owl

I hope you're doing better FMD. Has the doc/office called you back yet? Are you drinking lots of water? Hydration is definitely very important at this point. I've seen lots of folks recommend eating light foods, too, like yogurt and bananas--easy to eat and keeps your strength up. Hang in there!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Dr. Called. Said if when he calls back in 1/2 hr I dont have a ride to the hospital he will call 911...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Back from the hospital. Bp still low but ok. Wasn't even seen. Waited so long that if I had waited anymore with the muscle cramps I would've taken a pain shot.. so I went home and took a 2 hr bath. Hr 67 yay me!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I have a question. My entire life I have been prone to pretty severe ear infections. I just fell asleep in the bath which is an almost guarantee I will get one. Usually the pain is severe one night only. Even when I was little I needed a vicodin 1 or 2 of the nights. Will this restart me entirely if I dont deviate beyone 1 or 2 spaced about 24 hrs apart. Since it definitely wont start til at least day 4. And my regular dose is much higher than that.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Any one out there tonight? Could really use the support here in hour 68...
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Took 6 loperamide. Arm cramps are terrible. I know I have pain meds somewhere from old prescriptions. The main reason I'm doing this is I broke up with the love of my life after 4 1/2 years and a beautiful baby girl together. He is a wonderful man who is even helping me through this considering what I did to him... not like the first time but he has taken my daughter primarily and that has been amazing!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi there FMD
Re taking one or two for pain. I certainly wouldnt recommend that. I think it would take you back to where you were before and you are doing so well. Try some ibuprofen for the pain, or something that isnt an opiate.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I can't stomach Ibuprofen. Took it for too long for my cysts. Got ulcers... have eatin 1/2 a grilled cheese in 3 days...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

But i would probably have to be somewhere past two weeks with the ear infection to avoid the restart of physical withdrawals...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

What about acetomiphen? Sp?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

*Acetaminophen. Obviously my first resort. Almost 72 hrs FOK YA!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

When do the leg cramps stop?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I dont know, I am only 20 hours in and they have just started
Well done on the 72 hours!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ty! Good job to you too. Get some loperamide. It helps. And try to find some quinine or drink some tonic water. Its amazing for leg cramps. Take ibuprofen and magnesium for that too. Or bananas for the potassium.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Live in the bathtub if you can!