Notices

Day 1. No pills..

Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 1. No pills..

I am quitting today. Full bottle of Percocet in my hand and here we go. I want to make it through... is anyone there?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Are you planning on tossing those pills? I found that is the only way to really quit - rid yourself of the temptation.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((FormyDaughter)) - Welcome to SR and congratulations on day 1! I would recommend you get rid of the full bottle of percocets - it's pretty hard to not take one (or more) when withdrawals start.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-03-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I gave them to a friend. I get very large ovarian cysts and remember the pain before meds as being very intense. I would like to forgoe an ER trip. I have #6 0.5 mg clonazepam if i need them and #4 5 mg zolpidem(ambien) been taking l-tyrosine. Thank you for replying. Any suggestions? I am sweaty, gross, intense sense of smell, a bit twitchy...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi FMD! Sounds like you are already starting to feel the withdrawal, and what you are experiencing is normal. I would suggest you get some imodium, and be sure to drink plenty of water to help flush out the drug. Protein shakes and yogurt for nourishment is easy on the tummy. Start taking a good multi-vitamin if you don't already.

Lots of hot baths and/or long showers for the chills and sweats. The "twitches" and anxiety was the hardest thing for me, but there is not much that helps them... except distracting yourself, so maybe some good movies? I know you will not feel like it but getting out for a walk and getting some exercise will help, especially if you can get yourself to work up a real sweat.

The worst should be over in about 5 days, for me day 3 was the worst. What kept me going is i just got MAD that the drug was doing this to me, and i did NOT want to every have to go thru it again. Quit for your daughter, but stay clean for yourself.

Abrazos,

La Gata loca
Old 12-03-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

GOOD LUCK! Ditch all the pills, you can do this!!!!!!! Your life will be 100% better if you get through this time. Stay strong.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just wanted to let you know that you are doing a great thing for both you and your daughter! There is so much support on this board, so keep strong! every day you go without pills the world seems a little brighter and life seems a little better
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am doing ok. Got a hold of some clonidine. Do i wait to take it at night? Thanks for the support. Getting some pelvic pain not sure if rebound? Have a friend here to help with my daughter tonight and tomorrow...
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on taking the first step!

I always found it helpful to keep a vivid journal of the early days of w/d for when I would get a weak moment I could go back and remind myself I don't ever want to go back there again.

keep moving forward! Even though at times it feels impossible, it will pass and waking up without needing pills is the most amazing feeling. You deserve a healthy and happy life

maylie
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Journalling is a great idea. I did it when I quit booze.
Be strong
Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So here I am 5 am and ive been up for a WHILE. took 2 ambien 2clonazepam and 1 clonidine last night just to sleep. But my legs and my stomach are in an uproar. Maybe I should got take a bath? But its COLD today! Been keeping my daughter in bed with me (shes 3) to remind me how I need to stay strongest in my weakest moments. Its the not sleeping that kills me... any remedies for sleep? Day 2 HELL YEA!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Anyone awake?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi formydaughter,
It is really really tough I know, I used to get the early awakenings when i was in the first 2 weeks or so clean. I sucks and it just makes your day so long! As for the muscle pain in your legs, that one was my biggest symptom. when you tell people i have muscle cramps in my legs they think it is probably no big deal but for me it was this deep ache that felt like my bones were splitting open from the inside and there was gravel in my joints. I know how much it sucks. Here are some things that helped for me:
- warm baths take away the pain while you are in there
- get some rub A535 (that muscle pain cream) some nights it was the only thing that helped me get to sleep
- if you have a sympathetic doctor, benzodiazapines can really really help.
- i KNOW you dont feel like it, but a short walk can improve your mood a lot and help some symptoms
- Try some stretching or yoga (you can get full classes on youtube for free) it really does help
also I highly recommend that you try to work out someone to watch your little girl for a few days if you have that support. opiate withdrawals are messy! and you need to be able to devote that time completely to you. Sometime emotions come up during the process that you may not feel comfortable showing in front of your LO. It is ok if all you can do is curl up and cry some days, when your head starts to clear from the drugs you will experience all those emotions that you blocked out with your addiction. You should be able to feel free to get those emotions out and might feel like you have to be strong(er) for your LO, iykwim

good luck, you are going to do great
this quote inspired me:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.
~Dr. Alexis Carr
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So lethargic. Can't even move w/o breathing like i walked 10 miles. Whenever I go to the bathroom I hear this crackling like tv static. My blood pressure gets as low as 80/30 is that dangerous? I'm also running about 101.2 on the fever side. Again, normal? Thank you everyone for the support..
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by FormyDaughter View Post
So lethargic. Can't even move w/o breathing like i walked 10 miles. Whenever I go to the bathroom I hear this crackling like tv static. My blood pressure gets as low as 80/30 is that dangerous? I'm also running about 101.2 on the fever side. Again, normal? Thank you everyone for the support..
WE're not allowed to give medical advice but your symptoms don't sound good, esp. that low bp. Do you have a doc you can call? Does St. Pete's still have nurse call line? (I used to live in Oly.) Give them a call if they do. Take care.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
for myself

I really hope you make it through this! I am on day 2 of no percocets. You are strong for giving that bottle away - I sure as hell wouldn't of been able to do that!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Don't know, but, wds suck bad. I came off oxy 80 days ago and I was soo sick and deranged! Please have someone check on you and hang in there! It gets easier later:/
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hang in there and keep posting.
I am about to start my journey today too.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I DO not have health insurance. Called the on call dr and he is kind've on the fence. The low bp he doesnt like the sound of but im going to call my regular doctor if I make it through tonight. It has now been 49 hrs! Thank you for your support everyone!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Here I am hour #50. Cant sleep... i did something pretty severe to purposefully sabotage mine and my bf of almost 5 yrs relationship. I didnt cheat or anything... i just did everything that would push him away. When he asked what was up. I finally copped to doing it. Told him we couldnt be together, I was no good for him. I said it like that and since then he hasn't seemed to care. We still live together and he has been amazing with our kid during this time. But its like he's flipped a switch. Like we didnt exist back then. It hurts. More than any of the symptoms or all put together. I just tried to get up bc the kid wokeup saying I would take her. He asked if I felt alright and I said "No, but I don't want you to do it all alone" then he put her to bed. It seems like hes not hurting at all. This is strange to the person who spends 15 minutes crying every time I see a pic of us together. Oh well, just took 10mg ambien and. 2 mg clonidine. Pray for some sleep for me!