Notices

Hen House Talk with all our Friends- Pt.6

Old 02-26-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

(((((CQ))))

Sounds like you need some serious hugs! So I'm sending them to you!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 02-26-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

FNW- Welcome. Maybe follow along for a day or two and then chime in with some experiences of your own!
Da Bear
Old 02-26-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Sour Patch Kids are amazing Lenina. You have no idea what you're talking about. Haha.

((Amy)) I want that job. Please?! I doubt you'll ever have to groom cats...they groom themselves.

Hi FNW. Welcome to the henhouse.

Now. LOOK LOOK LOOK!!

(Keep in mind that this picture is like super zoomed in, I was not nearly as close as it looks)
Old 02-26-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Welcome !

Well if you REALLY want to be "down" with the hens you SHOULD love CATS!! lol...but it is not required

Isn't my Sativa.....goergous????? very catty creature..
love norty
Old 02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

How many times have you changed her name Norty?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome FNW

hi gang

I looked up a philly cheesesteak and felt my arteries atrophy Lenina LOL

D
Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

((((Jay))) I'll have to give the Sour Patch Kids a pass. I don't like them! Is that a fox in the pic? I've only seen a real one once in my life. Beautiful little animals!

(((norty))) Aw, that's a pretty kitty! My OG is a little black cat too! She only weighs about 7 pounds. Fuzzy, on the other hand, is a huge, fat, fur-footed gray and white stripedy guy. He's a freakamoe, but I love him!

(((Dee))) Those cheesesteaks are so tasty but it's probably not wise to have one very often. Just the aroma of them cooking, which is heaven, will make you gain a pound!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 02-26-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Sneaky Puddin is her nickname...
Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Yeah Lenina. That's a red fox. Sneaky little critters. I am SOOO LUCKY to get a picture like that of one. Amazingness.

And okay, I understand now Norty. I've heard you call her Diva, Tiva, Sativa, and sneaky puddin and I thought you kept changing her name..
Old 02-26-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - wow!! What an awesome picture!!! A million years ago, when I worked for a small airline, we had a freight shipment of a few foxes with signs on their cages "do not poke fingers into cages"....absolutely beautiful animals

((Norty)) - aww, looks like my Elvis! I have a picture of him in HIS box, so did a double-take when I saw your picture.

((Lenina)) - hope you aren't coming down with the flu or anything I wouldn't doubt Fuzz heard Mots all the way from here, protesting the loss of his "man parts".

((Dee)) but Philly cheesesteaks are really, really good!

((CQ)) - sorry about the frustration...been dealing with quite a bit of that today, myself. I really do think I need to invest in some kind of punching bag

Dad opened the sliding glass door to let the dumb dog out on the deck...Mots FLEW out the door; dad went chasing him over to the next door neighbor's yard but as soon as he'd get close, Mots would haul ass. A few minutes later, as I was going out to see if I could find him, I notice ELVIS is at the sliding glass door, wanting in...dad said "oh yeah...um, he got out when I went to chase Mots". I reminded him that Elvis can't be out - at all.

So, Mots still isn't home, but hopefully he'll be okay and come home soon. His stitches are internal so he can't scratch them open.

Dad took stepmom and I out to eat (Brit is with bf) and stepmom has obviously been taking her pain meds...asking the same questions over and over. I had to bite my tongue...I'm annoyed that I've spent a small fortune on my cats this week and two of them were just let outside, that don't NEED to be outside; that I'm living with someone who abuses opiates/anti-anxiety meds, etc. and though we have good times in this house, in general, it's like everyone (except me) is in their own little world of misery. I'm still codependent enough that it hurts me to not be able to "fix" everyone.

ah well, dinner was wonderful and I feel like a stuffed pig...oink, oink Maybe if I keep MY good mood and attitude, it will rub off on those around me..I can always hope?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-26-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

(((JayBird))))

That's truly an amazing shot. NG quality, I'd say! A friend of mine does these wonderful water colors of cats. I'm always telling him he should see about having them make into greeting cards and sell them to pet stores, like PetCo. I bet you could do the same.

You know, just blank on the inside. Maybe put together a portfolio of different pics? It could be cool! Some stores and even car washes here, will take cards on a consignment basis. Something to think about!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 02-26-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

((((Amy))))

Perhaps the Great Fur-footed one did hear Mots and wanted to add his indignation! LOL

Sorry you've had such a day! I would be worried about the cats too but remember they are used to going outside and are wise to the ways of the wild. I bet they don't go far and will want back in soon. Keep us posted!

Finally heard from Sissy today. I think my brother had her at fist-point to make sure she called me. We hammered out her travel arrangements. I forgot I should add some time to her phone in case anything happens on the way. I got some rolled coins here and might run down to 7-11 and see if they will take them for a phone card.

I'm having a bit of anxiety tonight. I think it's all hip and work related. Maybe I'll just stroll down to 7-11 and see if that helps. I think it's misting outside but it might feel good for the 8 blocks or so.

OK, I'll be back later!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 02-26-2010, 08:03 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Bear - I know what Scrapple is! I used to live on the Eastern Shore of MD and it was super popular there. I probably could have eaten it if I didn't know what was in it. They even have a Scrapple festival every year in Bridgeville, Delaware.

My son really wants a cat. He is obsessed with them. I would love a cat, but I am going to sound selfish, but I want a snuggly cat. I have had a maincoon (is the sp right?) and he was the most awesome cat in the world. That is what I want. Are there any clues or signs when I look around at whether or not the cat would be friendly? I just do not want the kind of cat that hides and does not want to be around people. Any ideas? Thank you!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Marsh,

Maine Coons are awesome! Gentle Giants they call them. I think they usually have friendly personalities but every cat different. Hubs had a Maine Coon who was very grouchy to me but loved him dearly. I hear Rag Dolls are a nice, lap-kind of cat. You can google it or check with Cat Fanciers for more information.

I think the short hairs are the easiest to care for. Fuzzy is a long hair, and boyo boy is he a shedder!

Love,

Lenina

My cats are a blessing.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

((Marshgirl)) - The "boys" we have here, were here when I moved back in. Stepmom said that they went to pick out a kitten...they all ran from dad but this one little black cat, who came straight TO dad...that's Elvis (the one in my avatar). He is the most snuggly cat I've ever had..will climb up my clothes if I don't pick him up fast enough. My other 2 cats are content to be with me, but rarely held. I had 6 cats, years ago, and all would let ME hold them or at least snuggle up to them, but most had no use for anyone else. I think they, like any other animal, sense when they are loved.

Mots is home and I told him he's on "house arrest". Will have to give him his cat-dope to keep him sedated so us humans can get some sleep tonight, otherwise he will have everyone awake, wanting back out.

My stepmom's behavior has been hitting a nerve with both dad and I. She said something earlier this week that has sort of pitted her and Brit against dad and I and I hate it It makes me VERY uncomfortable in my own house, but I'm also very grateful that I have no desire to use.

Just filled out a few more job applications...fun, fun.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) is right. I think cats do "pick" us more than we "pick" them.

Love,

Lenina
Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Jeff's kitty, Mittens, is not much of a snuggler. Until you go to bed. Then she's right there with you. LOL. She likes to sit on your lap, when you're on the computer too. She's meowing at me right now. It's almost 1:15 in the morning and Jeff is asleep. He is going to Detroit tomorrow, for a car show. So I am trying to shush her quietly.. Kitties.. She is such a sweetheart though. I hope she lives to be 20 or longer so I can pay attention to her for a long time. She's 15 now. She is the first cat I've ever met who, I honestly think, wants constant attention and if you do not give it to her, you must be neglecting her. hahaha! She is a very pretty kitty. Had not been outside until she was 9 years old and when she does go out, she's not much for being over 10 ft. away from the house. Usually sits on the front/back porch.
Anyway, my best guy friend told me he lost another high school buddy last week. Another one to overdose. He looked at me, I guess, for some kind of explaination as to why I could quit but his friends, much older than me, could not. I told him they didn't want to and we don't want to quit until we hit our bottom. Unfortunately theirs was death. And I knew what he was thinking. Does this mean my ex's bottom will also be a coffin? When we discussed that, I wasn't funny about it, but I did say I thought he would be next, but that if he really still cares about him, pray that something else wakes him up before it's too late. I told him that I hated to say it, but with his parents enabling him so badly (endless source of money, constant excuses, denial, etc.), there is nothing that will convince him to stop. In his mind, it's all fun. There is no problem. That it's just partying.. All the classics. I also reminded my best friend that I am clean now. Just for today. I am no better or worse than the others. Just at a different point in life. And I said that even though I really do feel I am better than my ex, but best friend didn't need to hear that. It's my opinion, and one opinion I'll pretty much keep to myself.
And the picture of the fox is just outstanding. Finally, a picture of snow I can really appreciate. Thank you for sharing!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

((((CQ)))) Mittens sounds so sweet! I know I worry about my OG and how we'll get along without her. She's always been such her own character!

It's very hard to watch anyone in active addiction. It's like you have the key and they won't take it. It's something we have to figure out for ourselves, I think, the desire to quit. I wish I could explain it better. All I know for me, I just had enough. I don't think I cared that much if I died as much as the level of misery I had that needed to stop.

I often see people while I'm out and wish I could give them the desire to quit and live a peaceful life. All we can do is share our stories. Who knows when something will click with someone else?

Much love,

Lenina
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I can't keep up with all the news here.

Lenina, I am so sorry you are having pain problems. I hope things get better for you soon.

I may try some acupuncture for this rib problem. It seems to move around all over my back and abdomen. I will think, oh yeah it's just a muscle, then I decide it's my gallbladder, then I am convinced it's a rib, then I figure I have some terminal tumor that is pressing on a nerve, and my head takes it from there. The problems with being a nurse is I know too much but not enough. It is beginning to scare me and that fear drives every sane thought out of my mind. And my mind can go to some dark places.
I should just drag my butt to a doctor but I hate enduring medical procedures and it's expensive and it's excruciating and I am afraid I would break down and give into narcotics if offered. Or worse it's something that has to be fixed surgically. And then all the hassles with my case manager if I did have to have drugs.
My mind takes this on at night. Hubby is at work, and that is when I really start worrying about things in the middle of the night. I handle it better sanely during the day.
I am sorry I am so needy lately.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:51 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

((Meditation)) - I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I do agree that it is sometimes a curse to have the knowledge of being a nurse. When Elvis first got sick, I was thinking "brain tumor and seizures" then thought of other things it could be. As it turns out, the vet said the are behind his left eye COULD be a tumor of lymph nodes/glands and his "falling out spells" definitely sound like seizures...I'd have rather been wrong

Mots woke me up at 4, meowing to be let outside. I'm hoping I countered that idea and he will go backto sleepk

Hugs and prayrs!

Amy