SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Hen House Talk with all our Friends- Pt.6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/195336-hen-house-talk-all-our-friends-pt-6-a.html)

Dee74 02-22-2010 01:46 PM

Hen House Talk with all our Friends- Pt.6

Another 500 posts down :)

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-5-a-21.html

D

meditation 02-22-2010 02:16 PM

Amy-- Oh gee, I am so so sorry about Elvis. It would be too easy I suppose for it to turn out to be diabetes? Losing weight, falling out..... same symptoms my sister in law's cat had and now he gets daily shots and is doing great. I pray it is something like this. I know how it is with animals. It's heartwrenching. Even more so than with family. I lost my dad and grandmother and yes they were sick for a while and I expected it and they were old but there is something about a pet that goes in like a knifewound. I hope I don't come off callus with that remark.
I pray for you and Elvis.
Wasn't step mom going to go to rehab at one point?
Maybe I read that wrong.

I am in the searching for lost crap phase of living. I lost 2 earrings yesterday and I've gone over this house till I am crazy. I know they are in here and not lost in the world cause they were seen as pairs 3 days ago but since apparently was a fight and maybe one eloped with the other. sigh.
Then I bought special panty hose for daughter's concert. Black and with good elastic cause we've been that trip before with the elastic failing partway thru high school graduation and nothing like having pantyhose down around your knees and trying to accept your diploma before a stadium crowd. So yep those pantyhose are NOT IN THIS HOUSE. Again went on a hunt and checked the car and the trash. So I bought more and I 've nailed these down.
I can't find my flash drive now. It's got microsoft office on it and I need it bad now and it's MIA. Daughter has lost earrphone plugs for mp3 player so I've been thru this house about 50 times in search of stuff in the last 3 days. I found some stuff though but not the stuff I was hunting. I found a CD I've been missing for a year. I found a pedometer that checks your walk miles.
That's the new crap with me.

Bear== Please just get a new pharmacy cause around here there's one on every corner and Target has ads in the paper for new scripts and will give you ten dollars. CVS has ads for a 25 dollar gift certificate so there is no need to stick with dyckhead pharmacies. Take your vote power to a new pharm. Hugs.

I maybe back before the day is out. I'm dealing with a pulled muscle or a broken rib and the pain is something which motrin is not cutting and you know where the thoughts are leading........ but that's not an option.
Later folks.

Stagebear 02-22-2010 02:28 PM

Can't quote into the new thread, but-
(((Amy)))- You're right, of course. it just plays old tapes for me. I really should have confronted the pharmacist and said "If you have issues or concerns, man up and tell me. you and I can sit down with my primary and discuss your issues". It's all so passive-aggressive on his part.
(((meditation)))- Yes, I'm changing pharmacies. We really like the front end people at this place, they're always nice, the manager and cashiers always greet up warmly. But we also go to a grocery store regularly and they have a pharmacy, so we can still utilize the front end of this store and all will be well.
Thanks everyone for genuinely understanding.
I am hoping my friend talks to her husband tonight and can then see her prescribing doctor tomorrow.
Take care, all!
Bear

Impurrfect 02-22-2010 02:39 PM

((Bear)) - glad you are changing pharmacies

((Meditation)) - diabetes was one of the OTHER diagnoses I had come up with, but he doesn't drink a lot so will have to wait and see what the blood work shows. I've told everyone he's on "house arrest" as we have some stray dogs that come in our yard and I don't want him having a seizure and ending up as dog food:(

I had to laugh about the earrings eloping:) I lost the paper my insurance company gave me, the other day with my claim number on it. I got another one today, and she said "how did you lose it from here (her office) to there (my car, 10 feet away). I told her it was lost in my room and Patches threw it somewhere..blame it on the cat! BTW, I've got a new pair of black pantyhose AND never used mp3 ear buds if you need them. I didn't know that until I cleaned out my room.

After I get Elvis taken care of, have to take Mots in to be neutered and I asked them if they will give him good sedation, otherwise he will meow loudly and nonstop because he doesn't like to stay in. She assured me the pain med they give cats is also a sedating med. The last time he had a procedure done, I had one drunk, obnoxious cat on my hands..don't want to go through THAT again!

((Med)) - hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

JustAYak 02-22-2010 04:56 PM

Er.. I think I forgot to check back in. Well the new sleep aid I got from the doc is called Rozerem, I don't know if any of you have used it/heard of it but so far it's getting me more sleep than I get without taking anything...but still not enough. It doesn't give me weird, scary dreams either which is a plus. Apparently it's different than most sleep aides because it affects the sleep-wake cycle? Something along those lines... basically it helps you get to sleep, not really stay asleep, which is the problem I'm running into now. But with taking it I've gotten four hours of sleep each night which is considerably better than going on nothing, and I'm hoping as it works into my system I'll start getting more... we'll see.

I'm still sorting out all my "daddy" issues (just girl-ing it up for you guys) and I talked--well not talked, more of like a brain melt--with/infront of Sue so that was... awkwardly helpful? I don't know. I'm just waiting for this to be over... Kirby is holding up her strong little exterior but she talked to me about it for a while, and I know she's not doing so hot... I think we're both just a little effed-up about it.

((Meditation)) - It'll all turn up eventually. Losing things seriously sucks though...
((Amy)) - Hope Elvis doesn't have anything super serious :(. And why does Mots have to be neutered?
((Bear)) - Good luck with the pharmacy stuff.

((Dee, Daisy, Lenina, Chery, TOD, all the other people I'm forgetting))

Impurrfect 02-22-2010 05:13 PM

((Jay)) - I'm glad you've gotten some sleep and hope you will get more!! I'm also glad that you had the brain melt in front of Sue, even if it WAS awkward. I know you don't like talking to people, so this is a big deal for you...I'm glad you're opening up with her and Kirby.

Mots needs to be neutered because he wants to roam the neighborhood, so much, and always gets into fights. He rarely STARTS them, but won't back down if another cat comes after him. He's already lost vision in one eye, years ago, and currently has his whole face all scratched up. Back when I had my other cats, once the males were neutered, they stuck around the house. The average life expectancy of an un-neutered cat is about 7 years...which is what he is, give or take a year. Elvis is 10, so the vet was pretty amazed. Not to mention I don't want my cats out there making more stray animals that may or may not be taken care of.

I never realized how much heat a table lamp puts off, until Elvis moved out from under mine..he's downright toasty!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Lenina 02-22-2010 09:38 PM

((((HenHousers!))))

I've missed you guys so much! Glad to be home; having some dramatic moods but that's my February. Had a 15 minute or so sob session in public! Man, I hate that! I think I'm just overly tired.

(((Jay))) I've taken the Rozerem and it was OK. I think if I stayed on a regular sleep schedule it would work for me. I don't recall any odd dreams or other side effects. I hope it works for you. I understand it's something that needs to build up or something to help the sleep patterns. Do keep me and us posted!

(((Amy))) I hope to God Elvis is better. I've been holding him in my thoughts, and you too, as I do.

(((Bear))) My darling CarbbyAss! Remember, people, places and things! Stuff we have no control over at all. All I can control is my attitude about them! And that can be a full time job in itself! So, many hugs and much love to you!

((((Chery!!))) So good to see you! I'm sorry I missed you! Having a precious new grandbaby is so nice!

(((CQ))) Hope you get adjusted to the new uniform! I'm not much of a fashionista so as long as I have clean and ironed, I don't much care what I wear! LOL

(((meditation)))) ((((TOD))) Good to see you both!

Yes, my dearest Deedle! WE do rock! LOL

Much love to all as I read in!

Lenina, with Panda eyes, not a good look for old ladies!

Dee74 02-22-2010 10:56 PM

old schmold :)

:hug:
D

Stagebear 02-23-2010 02:27 AM

"We are not amused"

Dear Friends:
Yesterday, an awful thing happened. A tiny part of Da Bear escaped to the front and took over the body. This awful segment of my personality actually took control of the fingers and typed some really dumb, old behavior stuff.
I reread what I wrote, and slapped myself silly on behalf of those of you who justifiably wanted to do so.
I also embraced that tiny part because I never want him to vanish entirely, he helps me remember.
So, going forward, I will not be petulant and complain about ridiculous things. I will also not refer to myself in the third person ever again, unless and until I suddenly find myself in line for the British throne. (the royal "we", you know. One doesn't refer to oneself as "I". It's simply not done.)
I subscribe to this theory; It is none of my business what a smacked a$$ pharmacist thinks of me. Or what anyone else thinks of me, for that matter.
(((Lenina)))- CarbyAss? I just don't see that nickname catching on any time soon. Anyway, my good pal Dee-zy-doo knows how I feel about cute nicknames. (Please, Dee, don't kill me. I couldn't resist. at least I didn't call you my "gal pal").
It's far too early @ 5:24am, but I've been up since 4:30 with my all-too-familiar morning headache. It, too, has passed.
So, thank you all for being far more tolerant than I had a right to expect.
Bear

Lenina 02-23-2010 11:00 AM

((((Bear))))

So sorry! It was a typo! I would never call you "CarbyAss"! I was nearly blind from lack of sleep and a very frustrating and crazy-making few days at work. I meant to type "CrabbyAss." Is that better? LOL I got some sleep last night and do feel a little better today. I'm glad you're feeling better today.

I think I need some more sleep. I'm going back to bed!

(((Dee))) Old schmold? I don't think it was schmold. It was just mascara....LOL

Much love to all!

Lenina

Stagebear 02-23-2010 11:03 AM

LOL! I thought it was a reference to my deep fried tortilla chips.

windysan 02-23-2010 01:56 PM

I (((heart))) pooping. thank you

Dee74 02-23-2010 02:18 PM

Carby ass totally worked for me too - didn't bat an eyelid til y'all mentioned it LOL

D

Lenina 02-23-2010 03:48 PM

Windy,

Good to see you! Was it the deep-fried tortilla chips?

Love,

Lenina

Impurrfect 02-23-2010 05:41 PM

((Windy)) - wow, I thought you'd forgotten about us!

Okay, bad news. Elvis has feline leukemia and AIDS. The vet said she is very surprised that he is still alive. There is nothing I can do for him, though we are going to give him another antibiotic shot, and I will keep him comfy, and give him his favorite foods. The vet said maybe 2 months?

This is really, really hard. I walked away from the cats I had, and loved dearly, when I got hooked on crack and I've had a hard time trying to forgive myself, but have been working on it. Elvis was the first cat, here at home, that I got attached to and he's kind of like an amend. The thought of losing him is like dealing with my other cats all over againg and a bit of self-hatred.

On a good note, a friend called me earlier. She does expediting work, like dad does, but needed help going through boxes of paperwork, getting it ready for the shredder. She only lives about 5 miles away, so I went over there and made some easy money and she may have more paperwork to go through. She's funny and when I wasn't crying over Elvis we were joking about something or another.

Mots and Patches have to be checked, as FIV and HIV are contagious, but the FIV is REALLY contagious. Got an appt. for Mots in the morning.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Dee74 02-23-2010 05:44 PM

(((Amy)))

I'm really sorry to hear about Elvis.
You've been a great 'mom'...nothing to beat yourself up over AT ALL.

I hope Mots and Patches will be ok and get the all clear :)

many prayers
D

Lenina 02-23-2010 05:46 PM

(((((Amy))))

You've given Elvis, Mots and Patches a very good life and will continue to do so. I think the amends has been made. Please be kind to yourself. Elvis lives like "The King" with you as do the others.

Much love to you and just know our hearts are with you!

Lenina

windysan 02-23-2010 05:50 PM

I was just boring Subway sammich which I'm embarrassed to tell y'all I ate. Gawd I hate Subway sammiches.

Impurrfect 02-23-2010 08:07 PM

((Windy)) - why, on earth, would you eat something you hate?! My niece works for Firehouse subs and says they are MUCH better than Subway. She brought a sammich home, last night, but I couldn't eat it because she had it loaded down with jalapeno's...no thank you!

((Dee)) ((Lenina)) - thanks! Elvis is resting on the new "bed" I got him - a heating pad and a little sheepskin blankie, since his body temp is low.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Lenina 02-23-2010 08:36 PM

(((Amy))))

Have you been talking to Simon? LOL

YouTube - simonscat's Channel

It looks so familiar...LOL

Much love,

Lenina