Notices

Hen House Talk with all our Friends- Pt.6

Old 02-27-2010, 02:53 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Yo, Jay- Thanks for that pic. Hope you don't mind that it's now my desktop! And I'm with Lenina (no big surprise!)- the greeting card thing has potential. Mess with them a bit in Photo Shop, print them up and package them for sale. Hospital gift shops take consignments and there's always a need for note cards there. If you print them quarter fold, you can use regular paper (those prefab greeting card blanks are ridiculously expensive) and get boxes of note card sized envelopes...look at me champion of great ideas strikes again. Anyway, aside from printer ink it's a pretty cheap idea. Even if you only use them for holiday or birthday gifts from you to others.

@Court, Dee & Everyone- Clearly it does not reflect well on Philly that the two regional foods mentioned are cheesesteaks and scrapple (cream cheese is a name-only thing, not exactly a regional delicacy). A truly well-constructed cheesesteak depends, more than anything, on the roll. Local bakeries produce the most amazing cheesesteak rolls. Maybe someone with better skills at describing food than I can talk them up. They're amazing! Then comes the argument over the type of cheese. Some swear by Cheese Whiz (yup, that neon junk in a jar), others by American or Provolone.

@CQ- We have a similar cat- very attention seeking but entirely on his own terms. A tad psychotic, I think, because he bit and or scratched me for tow full years after I moved in with Shawn. Now we're quite good friends but I still get bitten 2 or 3 times a year. It's quite random.

@Meditation- I understand the idea of having too much knowledge for one's own good. I'm not a nurse but have worked in health services of one sort or another for 20 years.
My P.A. at least respects my knowledge but other places treat me like an idiot until I start asking questions, then they either become very helpful or very defensive.

Up early for my promised scrapple breakfast and to finalize my lesson plans for my first day back to work! Okay, only three hours a week bit still...back to work!

I'll check in later on.

Big Bear Hug,
Da Bear
Old 02-27-2010, 09:50 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

((Meditation)) I am not a nurse, so I guess I am lucky. But I hope you do find what is wrong and it's easy to take care of it. Acupuncture worked wonders for me. I don't know if you'll have the same experience, but I didn't believe in it, didn't think it would work, but it sure did. The lady who did it came from the East and learned it there. So I know she did it right. She was very sweet and explained everything to me! I am a chicken when it comes to needles. hahaha..
Anyway, had an exciting start to my morning. All the snow we got, less than two inches, is ALL wet and freezing up and my truck doesn't have any weight in the back. It melted. I didn't think about that as I went to pick my kid up today. I started going up his Dad's driveway and then slid right into the bushes. He tried to pull me out, but only got my truck stuck deeper in the bushes. So, anyway, I call my uncle because he lives close by and has a 4x4. YEAH! That was all well and good until my kid tells me the entire time his dad is out of earshot, he's complaining about how I've done nothing to try to help. That I didn't offer to pick up a shovel or anything. Well, this is the same guy who also told our son that I won't last long in school, I am an addict, I am no good, I am evil. Blah Blah Blah. Honestly I didn't want to offer to help because I figured he'd find something wrong with how I was doing it. I figured staying quiet and still would be OK. And then he gives me a lecture on smoking, how I am fighting addiction already and my money is tight.. Blah Blah. Yeah, it's 2-3 packs a week, I say and I don't smoke in the house. All that junk. Which is all true. At least I don't sneak around, on my boyfriend, behind his back, like he does his girlfriend. I don't point this junk out because it's not my business, but he does this in front of our son. What kind of morals is that teaching him?? UGH! I am so angry with this man today.
Really? I won't last in school cuz I am an addict? WTF? That just ticks me off. I am gonna kidnap that man on my graduation day and make him go to it then say "Watch THIS Mother Trucker!" Yeah, I am a loser cuz I am an addict. Who has huge alcohol/smoking parties every weekend, cheats on his LAWYER girlfriend, and lives off of his parents??
Sorry. I am just so angry right now. I think it's time for a nap. Or at least a long shower. I just needed to vent a little too.. I'll come back when I feel better. Hope I didn't upset anyone.
*HUGS* I love this place!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

((Bear)) - hope the lesson plans go well!

((CQ)) - he's complaining about YOU to take the focus off of HIM, so try to keep that in mind. I know it's aggrevating, though. My motto, for a good bit of my recovery, when anyone says I can't do something IS "watch me"

Dinner was great last night, but the interactions between dad/stepmom was a bit irritating and frustrating at times. I gave Mots his medicine when we got home, was walking through the den and see Elvis at the sliding glass door wanting in. I don't understand what it takes to get it through dad's head to keep my cat inside! I guess I'm just lucky Elvis only wants out for a short period of time and comes right back.

I'm about to go for a walk, then get stuff together to focus back on school, myself, when I get back home.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-27-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Classes went really well...at least until my noon break when I went to call Shawn to confirm our plans for the rest of the day.
His very good friend, and mine by association, died last night.
She went in for gastric bypass last Tuesday, surgery was a success and she was at home. She was cooking dinner last night for her 11 year old son and collapsed, clutching her chest. Her husband called 911, she was taken in. The hospital told him she was stable and he could go home. A little while later, he got the call.
Don't know the cause of death yet.
This is the second friend I know who died after this surgery.
I have never, ever seen Shawn cry the way he did today. This was so freakin' unexpected.
Jackie and I weren't particularly close friends but she was always sweet to me and told me she knew how good I had been for Shawn since we got together. Considering the terror we went through a year ago, that was always good to hear.
He's doing better now.
Apart from that, my return to work was great. The principal and regional director observed my work and were exceptionally complimentary. Other than my one class of very precocious six year olds (eeesh!), the kids were great!
Treasure what you've got today...
Bear
Old 02-27-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

((Bear)) - I'm so sorry about Jackie. I have an educated guess as to the cause, but it really doesn't matter now....big hugs to you and Shawn because I know when HE hurts, you hurt

Precocious 6-year-olds, huh? I bet THAT was interesting!

I got my walk in for the day, and enjoyed shopping at PetSmart, as there were several dogs there with their owners. Dad let Mots escape again, but he always comes home..eventually.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Amy- I'm guessing she threw a clot, but not sure.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your and Shawn's loss, Bear.

D
Old 02-28-2010, 01:50 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

Thank you for the welcome! I'm looking for a group to check in with every so often and share. As a cat owner (blue point siamese male cuckoo cat), I think I'll fit right in! I'm about 7 months sober and have had a relatively easy time without cravings. I do get regrets about how much of my life I wasted being wasted and nonproductive. I'm hoping that passes with time. wishing all a peaceful day, fnw.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

((FNW)) - congrats on your sober time!! Oh yeah, I could kick myself about the time I wasted and the HUGE bad choices I made, BUT I've come to accept that I'm the person I am today because of those experience and that I'm fortunate enough to be given a chance to make good decisions today. It's nice knowing I'm not doing stuff today, that I'm going to have to "pay for" later on...still dealing with consequences from years ago!

Another cat lover..yeah! Although, not a requirement, and we love dogs, hens, hamsters, birds...we have our own little zoo crew.

Mots finally came home this morning, and has been fighting with someone because his fur is all matted. He's okay, but tired and he's back on "house arrest" in my room.

I am going to TRY to do something productive today..school work or something. Been pretty slack on that, lately.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

(((HenHousers))))

Sorry I didn't get by yesterday, I was crazy-busy.

(((Bear))) I'm sorry to hear about Jackie. What a shame. Oh her poor little son! You're all in my thoughts.

(((FNW))) I like Siamese cats! I've had several seal-points but now have two Urban Jungle Cats. You know, feral rescues!

Sissy is here and Hubs and I getting gathered up. The Great Furry Footed One is not happy Sissy is here. He's skulking around and making sure she doesn't have a cat hatchet. He was searching her bags for contraband, found none so he's a little more relaxed.

I am still short on time so I'll make this quick.

(((((CQ))))) ((((Meditation)))) ((((Amy))) Hope Mots stays home and behaves!

((((Jay)))) See? I'm not the only one who thinks your work is professional quality! Think about doing the note cards! And make sure you copy-right your work. You can do it on-line easily enough.

OK, I want to read it a bit while I have my coffee.

Much love to all!

Lenina
Old 02-28-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I went to the kitchen to get something to drink, came back in my room only to find my stepmom IN MY PURSE, going after the med I take to sleep. "Funny" thing is, I ran out early last month, had thought she might have taken them but convinced myself she would never do that and I must have been shorted or took them "accidentally"? Yeah, denial is what it is.

I am livid. This is someone I thought I could trust with anything and now she's trying to steal my meds. She asked me not to tell dad...not a problem, as there would be a HUGE fight and I'm not up to dealing with that. She said it would "never, ever happen again" and I said "you're damned right, because you won't have access to my meds again"..guess I will have to lock them in my car or carry my purse with me in the house?

I asked her how she would feel if she walked in her bedroom and found me going in her purse, after her lortabs...she said it would make her feel bad.

I was already having a problem, today, with all the dysfunction in this house....now this. At least I know I wasn't losing my mind and she IS a thief. I can deal with that...I used to live with a bunch of crackheads who would steal everything and anything

Thank God, I don't live my life like that any more. She's on a boatload of meds, trying to get more. I tell ya, being the loved one of an addict sux as much, if not more, than being the addict. I'm trying to have compassion, and I will....but first I have to get through the anger.

Sorry for the vent, but got to get it out somewhere and you guys understand.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-28-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Amy. That just sucks.

Hugs
D
Old 02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Thanks ((Dee)) - it helps that I can come here and b***h. I've been getting little "signs" that I need to get my butt in gear and figure out a way to get out on my own again...this is just one more. I won't be able to do it right away, money is still an issue. However, at least it's given me more incentive.

I have to say I'm grateful....I'm looking at this as "incentive to do better"....NOT a reason to use

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-28-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

When I was married to my crackhead I slept with my purse under my pillow. My neck has never been the same since! :wtf2

Bear, sorry for your loss. Jay, well, you made it through a year of miserable firsts. I think you handled it amazingly.

Lenina, I had acupuncture in LA. Must not have been one of the two you mentioned. It did not go well at all.

**{Norty}} **{CQ}} **{Dee}} and all the other hens, whose names are escaping me!

Love~40
Old 02-28-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

((40)) - it's good to see you!!! I don't have to go so far as to sleep with my purse under my pillow, but my meds are where she can't get to without a lot of effort. If I'm out of my room for any length of time, they will go with me.

I've got all 3 cats in bed with me, in their own separate spots. If I try to move, I get "fussed" at...guess that tells you who's the boss in MY room, huh?

It's been a long, mentally tiring day. Tomorrow is another day

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-28-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

(((Ames)))- What a suck-a-roo! Better that you know at least instead of playing mind games wondering.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

just ate disappointing mexican food. i'll have terrible gas tomorrow. thank you
Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

((Bear)) - you're right - I WAS thinking I was losing my mind, last month when I ran out of the med AND the samples my dr. gave me She's on lortab 10's, soma, xanax bars, and neurontin....she wants my seroquel because she "can't sleep"....sigh.

((Windy)) - thanks for the smile you brought to my face..knowing I won't be around you tomorrow

I just gave Mots HIS last dose of pain med. Nothing like trying to shove a pill down a cat's throat for entertainment...NOT! I did survive without needing stitches.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-28-2010, 07:22 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

(((Amy)))- Can't sleep? I'm surprised she has enough conscious muscle control to blink with that cocktail...
Old 02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

((Bear)) yeah, you would think, but she has built up quite a tolerance....sigh. I just heard Brit yell at her "all you think about is your damned pills!!!!" Guess her facade is crumbling around her. She has recently tried to make it: Brit/her against dad/I and it's been a rough week. I'm doing my best to be a good role model for Brit (she's only 16) and keep my sanity and recovery. It's been a long week

Hugs and prayers!

Amy